+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3432Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3952342;
    College is real life. I've had lots of teachers in college who were helpful, I've had others who were not. All the people I've ever known who need extra help or whatever have it all sorted out before the first day of class. In college you also have ample opportunity to withdraw from or drop a class before you fail it and most, if you ask them, will give you a withdrawal over a fail even later in the semester. By the time you're in law school, my guess is that your issues are your issues and not the school's. You have to figure out a way to pass. My guess is that Albie will put lawyering behind him and make a living appearing on Millionaire Matchmaker and such. I can't help but think that having cameras around was a very, very bad idea for a learning disabled kid trying to get through law school.
    ITA about all the cameras. (Millionaire Matchmaker?? Whatssup with that?) One thing for sure, however, the teacher he was quoting will have to deal with Mama Manzo for "messin' with her family." :nono

The war of the classless ... Danielle is always expecting a fight, and Teresa wanted one. I'm sick of many things on this show: Danielle evidently cannot use "women" or "woman" properly, Teresa's "Aint I nice, I'm always nice" just to name a couple.

Who knows if Ashley was waving at Danielle or someone else, I don't put it past Bravo to set someone up, however I also know how juvenile Ashley behaves. How in the world did Teresa and Ashley get past Jacqueline when they were at the same table ???

Danielle cannot get it through her head that not everyone on earth knows you. "Tell Kim to call ME." Counter Lady (my new favorite, btw) "And you are???" to empty air as Danielle must put off her younger daughter's call because she's manufacturing a "situation."

Grandma Kim's instructions to Danielle to behave with a bit of class by putting the phone away fell on deaf and dumb ears. Danielle would rather wallow in the muck and try to put on a show (that no one was watching! ) than behave with "light and love".

Drunk Kim's plan was executed perfectly. She set up the ingredients for a fight, sat back and got one. Either she or Bravo set up the seating arrangement with the same goal in mind and they were not disappointed.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kim G was tolerable last night but needs to wear a longer dress. Seriously we don't need a peek of goods. lol I think she was really trying to help Danielle act appropriately and at the end I think she wanted to try and make some peace between both sides.

It seems Jaq was in the same role of sorts and there to keep Teresa in order. The whole show centers around the sides being against each other so Shop Kim's job was to get them together and if a big fight broke out after Teresa approached Danielle all the better. They need that to keep the show going. Danielle is clinically insane and the others are crazy to keep dealing with it but I guess that's how they earn their pay. I wouldn't be a part of it.

I didn't think Shop Kim was trying to leave Christine out or offend Danielle by not asking. I thought Christine's career would be past a local fashion show and Danielle would be offended if even asked. Shop Kim wouldn't have been able to make Danielle happy in that situation. Ashley has a much better figure than I realized. She really did look cute. And I don't know if she was really waving at Dani or it was set up to look that way.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3955597;
    Caroline is always hinting around for attention and affection from Albert. He's not interested. She was crying and he said not one consoling word or offered a touch of sympathy or warmth. He seems over her.
    Maybe he's just totally over Bravo and this insipid subplot? He provides the voice of reason to Caroline's empty nester woes: ALL OF THE KIDS STILL LIVE AT HOME! And they don't seem eager to move out on their own. She cooks for them! They still rely on her for advice and emotional support... all of which we have seen. So, my only question is where did her TEARS come from? Was it a crying jag?

Albert doesn't seem to be in a position to retire, plus they are not really old enough to be considering it, imo. Also, having a retired husband suddenly in your kitchen all day long instead of in his office has its own subset of emotional adustments
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3955724;
    Maybe he's just totally over Bravo and this insipid subplot? He provides the voice of reason to Caroline's empty nester woes: ALL OF THE KIDS STILL LIVE AT HOME! And they don't seem eager to move out on their own. She cooks for them! They still rely on her for advice and emotional support... all of which we have seen. So, my only question is where did her TEARS come from? Was it a crying jag?
    One word: Menopause. Hormones running amok, crying over anything and everything, unreasonable, irritable, fearful about getting old and unattractive, what to do with the rest of your life, how much time do you have left, etc. I remember it well! Not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3955609;
    ITA about all the cameras. (Millionaire Matchmaker?? Whatssup with that?) One thing for sure, however, the teacher he was quoting will have to deal with Mama Manzo for "messin' with her family." :nono

I don't remember him saying anything about a teacher. He said he "appealed" the school's decision to dis-enroll him. Maybe it was a school administrator? I would hate to think that a teacher would say anything so devastatingly belittling to a student. Then again, law school professors and adjunct professors can be quite dismissive of low performing students' concerns, generally. Any of the ones I've known would be more than a match for Mama Manzo
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3955744;
    One word: [I]Menopause[/I One word: Menopause. Hormones running amok, crying over anything and everything, unreasonable, irritable, fearful about getting old and unattractive, what to do with the rest of your life, how much time do you have left, etc. I remember it well! Not fun.
    Point taken! Scary choice there: HRT or irrationality? Aiyeee.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3955681;
    Kim G was tolerable last night but needs to wear a longer dress. Seriously we don't need a peek of goods. lol .
    Maybe it's hormonal. She forgot to wear pants.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3955156;
    **Please note- NEVER take 6 Tylenol PM's at one time.
    Yikes, Snow Bunny! The PMs have the sleeping medication in them. Good thing you woke up.

As for Caroline, you could see empty nest syndrome coming from a mile away. She's one of those mothers whose kids are her whole life, as opposed to just one part of it. My parents were wonderfully devoted, but they also had their own lives. When it came time for us to leave, they were like, "buh bye."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3955724;

Albert doesn't seem to be in a position to retire, plus they are not really old enough to be considering it, imo. Also, having a retired husband suddenly in your kitchen all day long instead of in his office has its own subset of emotional adustments
    She doesn't know how to ask Albert for what she really needs.

+ Reply to Thread