+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2851Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I thought Caroline's comments were totally plausible. We've seen her, since day 1, as totally "devoted to family", so it's no surprise to see her starting to suffer from "empty nest syndrome."
    Is the show not going to be on next week? Everybody is talking about the fight taking place in 2 weeks.
    What is taking place next week?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3955523;
    I think she looked around the room and realized that Danielle was gone, Theresa was gone, and her daughter was gone. She probably went OH CRAP and sat herself in the hallway to make sure things didn't explode.

Which of course they do but that is what I think her thinking was.
    I thought Jaqueline was trying to shut Theresa up and Kim G asked Jacqueline, "What r u saying to her?!". Then Jaq. Responded with "nothing I was just...", like a 5 yo. That part really annoyed me. I wish she would get a backbone.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3955527;
    i think a lot of women feel like that once their kids fly the coop. empty nest syndrome.

Then she should get a job like Albert suggested. Either that or sit at home and talk to the dog all day. Albert could not be any more disconnected from her. He's never really warm or affectionate with her. I think she's sad because he neglects her. She has three adult children living at home. Her nest is far from empty.

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;3949138;
    As others have already mentioned, in many law school classes -- especially the first year -- your entire grade is based on one final exam.......... He's probably going to have a difficult time with the bar exam. It would seem, JMHO, that he should explore other careers that might be a better fit for his aptitudes, because lawyers have to read a lot, so even after graudating from law school and passing the bar exam, the work itself is going to be challenging for anyone who has reading issues.
    And he'll slash his wrists if he ever gets a taste of litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3955555;
    Then she should get a job like Albert suggested. Either that or sit at home and talk to the dog all day. Albert could not be any more disconnected from her. He's never really warm or affectionate with her. I think she's sad because he neglects her. She has three adult children living at home. Her nest is far from empty.
    I think that she is more complaining about being lonely than not having enough to do; she said herself that she has plenty to do.

I don't think Albert is disconnected from her. My husband and I are not super affectionate towards one another when we are in front of people. We might come across the same way Caroline and Albert do if a camera was shoved in our face. What we see on TV is probably about 5% of what really goes on in their home which, IMO, is not enough to know the true dynamics of their relationship.

IMO, I think it's obvious that they both adore each other (though it's more obvious with Caroline) and adore their family.

As far as the kids go, I do agree that it's not technically an empty nest but it could feel like that to her when they probably are not home that much.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 06-29-2010 at 06:14 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3955574;
    And he'll slash his wrists if he ever gets a taste of litigation.
    I think everyone thought it sounded classy to say he was in law school. He couldn't hack it, and that's that. Learning disabilities, disinterest, or distraction, the reason doesn't matter. He's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3955578;
    I think that she is more complaining about being lonely than not having enough to do; she said herself that she has plenty to do.

I don't think Albert is disconnected from her. My husband and I are not super affectionate towards one another when we are in front of people. We might come across the same way as Caroline and Albert do if a camera was shoved in our face. What we see on TV is probably about 5% of what really goes on in any of their home not enough, IMO, to know the true dynamics of their relationship.

IMO, I think it's obvious that they both adore each other (though it's more obvious with Caroline) and adore their family.

As far as the kids go, I do agree that it's not technically an empty nest but it could feel like that to her when they probably are not home that much.

Totally agree.
    Caroline / her family actually seem the most real of the bunch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Caroline is always hinting around for attention and affection from Albert. He's not interested. She was crying and he said not one consoling word or offered a touch of sympathy or warmth. He seems over her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3955465;
    Was it me or did Kim D(? the one who owns Posche) tell Ashley in a 'subtle' way that she's not very cute unless she's totally made up. I wish I could remember what exactly she said but it seemed to be along the lines of 'wow when you work hard at it you're really pretty!'
    I don't remember the exact words, either, but it did seem like a backhanded compliment, to say the least. It was something to the effect of how Ashley looked beautiful, but it took a really long time in the makeup chair to get there. Maybe somebody can find the actual comment. However, what little they showed of the other "models," there were no Heidi Klums or Giselle Bunchens in the group!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3955597;
    Caroline is always hinting around for attention and affection from Albert. He's not interested. She was crying and he said not one consoling word or offered a touch of sympathy or warmth. He seems over her.
    Maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable on camera. Dina's hubby, his brother, didn't even want to be filmed at all. As far as comforting Caroline, he's probably just a clueless man, somewhat typical, who focuses all his attention on his business although he loves his family. I thought it was nice that they do have their "date nights." That shows interest in her. I really like Caroline ... she loves her family, is devoted to her kids, has lots of good common sense, doesn't seem to always be out buying a ton of crap, and is smart enough to stay away from Danielle.

+ Reply to Thread