+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2841Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3951365;
    You are very brave, tenchikiss ...

What was she spewing now?
    She didn't have as much attitude as she had on Watch What Happens now. But she claims that all 8 of the charges were made against her simply because she was in the house. Also she only plead to one charge because she was forced into it.

She said that she thinks the rest of the ladies (minus the Kims) don't even like each other and only have their hatred of Danielle to bond over. For some reason she was really on Jaqueline's butt when it came time to place blame.

There was also some crap about how she was adopted by a family of rapist. She seriously said she was raped by 5 different men in her life but that's okay because it made her a better person.

She also said that her body was rejecting her implants. She didn't say WHY she simply didn't take the goo bags out the first time rather than putting more in but what do I know?

Oh and she mentioned her book for some reason.

Lol I was at A book sale today and that book can now be purchased on sale at Borders for $3.99
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3948013;
    I make my judgement based on what we're shown. Albie says it's one class, he said the teacher told him if he has trouble reading things then he shouldn't be a lawyer (which is bull) when he tried to discuss the issue with him. If you go to a teacher and say "look. I have this problem." and they say "well then you shouldn't be a lawyer" that's crap.
    Mmmmmm, I have to respectfully disagree, tears.and.rain. I'm a lawyer, and I also have a mild form of dyslexia, which gets triggered when I have to make a presentation or read something under pressure, i.e. the way you have to in law school, and more importantly, in the courtroom or any other legal situation. I am absolutely at a disadvantage at those times (and sadly, so are my clients, as a result), but I try to compensate for my disability by preparing my arguments beforehand, much more thoroughly than I might otherwise have done, and writing down almost everything that I intend to say, so that I have it ready, just in case I need it. . .

So, as much as I like Albie, and feel really bad for him, I can understand why a professor might feel that perhaps he doesn't have what it takes to be a lawyer --- which is a particularly stressful and highly combative occupation. I would however, hope that all students (in all different fields) with learning disabilities were given the time and resources to explore ways that they could compensate for their own disability, to put them on a level playing ground with the other students, and later, with the other professionals in their field. For example, one of my sons had a much more serious dyslexia than I do, and was able to get through medical school working his butt off even more than he would have otherwise had to do, and spending tons of extra hours making up for the extra time it took him to read everything he had to read. Now, as an ER doc, he also has to stay at work extra hours to make up for his reading disability --- but he's learned to compensate for it, and can proudly say he saves lives every day, in spite of his disability.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-27-2010 at 07:26 AM.

FORT Fogey

College is real life. I've had lots of teachers in college who were helpful, I've had others who were not. All the people I've ever known who need extra help or whatever have it all sorted out before the first day of class. In college you also have ample opportunity to withdraw from or drop a class before you fail it and most, if you ask them, will give you a withdrawal over a fail even later in the semester. By the time you're in law school, my guess is that your issues are your issues and not the school's. You have to figure out a way to pass. My guess is that Albie will put lawyering behind him and make a living appearing on Millionaire Matchmaker and such. I can't help but think that having cameras around was a very, very bad idea for a learning disabled kid trying to get through law school.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree. Albie has to find his own road.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3952342;
    College is real life. You have to figure out a way to pass.
    ITA. I had to take a statistics class in college as a requirement for my second major, and math was my nemesis. I did not skip class and I took rigorous notes, but yet I also needed to go to the teaching assistant's office almost every weekday afternoon all semester for tutoring, because that's what it took in order for me to learn the material. But I did it, because I knew that's what it was going to take for me to pass and to complete that major.

I tend to believe that Albie could have found a way to pass if he had put more effort in. My roommate in college had dyslexia, but she earned a degree in Japanese. I asked her at the time she told me about her dyslexia how she overcame it, and she said she had been taught methods of compensating while she was reading.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3952971;
    I tend to believe that Albie could have found a way to pass if he had put more effort in. My roommate in college had dyslexia, but she earned a degree in Japanese. I asked her at the time she told me about her dyslexia how she overcame it, and she said she had been taught methods of compensating while she was reading.
    Me, too. DH and I were married after undergrad and were in law school together. He worked THREE part time jobs first year. I recorded everything he and I had to read for him, so he could listen while he worked, and studied. He worked as a super in our apt. complex, a night watchman at a local hospital, and a bartender on weekends. Whenever possible, we studied together. First year was a nightmare for both of us. It's not about rote memorization or about learning something like history or philosophy. It's learning how to think critically and analytically, as a practitioner does. We did not know it then, but he has ADD (he was diagnosed in his 40's!).

We got one final grade, only, for every course. An "F" in any course meant you were out - there were no do-overs. Also, a GPA below 2.0 meant you were cordially disinvited to return. No appeals. You knew it would be a grind going in, and you committed to it. You had, literally, no social life. Second and third years were nowhere near as hard.

I think Albie just never hit his stride.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fanatic

Danielle is so pyscho. She totally went to town on Kim (the one who owns the clothing shop). She was totally rude to the person running the counter then blames Kim for hiring rude people just to make her look bad. Danielle says she is never coming back to the shop again and that Kim will miss her money.

Which is odd since I thought Danielle was SO POOOOOR. Also isn't all her money her ex-husband's money?

FORT Fanatic

MOG the dramatic episode is in two weeks!!! NOOO

Darn holiday! I don't if I can wait two weeks to see how this hot mess plays out!

Danielle had a creepy expression on her face during her interviews.

+ Reply to Thread