+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2522Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I agree. She's a wonderful mom and her children are lovely people.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3947853;
    It sounds like this particular teacher is not so great, and probably is one of the idiots I've come across who think the whole LD assistance is a joke. Which would explain why his grade only suffered in the one class wouldn't it?
    Or maybe Albie just should have worked harder? Why do you jump to the conclusion that because he didn't pass one class, it's the fault of the `idiot teacher'? I almost didn't pass one class in college, but it wasn't my professor's fault.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3947915;
    School, and tests, they're nothing like the real world. A three hour test is not the same as preparing for a law case, and it's unfair to say that because he has trouble with one, he'll have trouble with the other.

That's true. However, according to what Albie said, it wasn't one three-hour test that got him. He said he has trouble with reading, and he has to read things several times in order to `get' it.
    My roommate in college also had a learning disability - she had a reading disability - but it didn't stop her from passing all of her classes.

Quote Originally Posted by lcmamom;3947222;
    Why was Albie suspended?

He was not suspended, he was dropped from the college.

He dropped his gpa down to a 1.9 and mandatory gpa is 2.0 to remain in the school.

He said he has learning disabilities and has struggled with law school. He said he tried explaining that to the personnel at the college but he was still dropped.

I always thought at colleges that the first time you drop your gpa, you are put on academic probation ... then if you don't bring it up the next semester is when you are officially dropped.

I am wondering if Albie was on probation and was unable to bring his grades up to the 2.0?????

My DS will be starting law school in the fall on the east coast. Law school is GRUELING. He told DH & I he will either be in a classroom or library for the next 3 years and will contact us when and if he can ...
    KAREN

I wish they had never found Danielle and this series had taken a FUN turn instead of the creepy (thanks KKB) path it’s on. Danielle is what she is and just because the others aren’t perfect doesn’t make her the “right” one. In my opinion, no one is.

Danielle showed her true colors this season from loading up her 2 girls to stalk the event at Caroline’s house – thank goodness she was talked out of it by her daughters – to making a new sex tape even as the other one was in litigation to turning a charity event into the “All about Danielle” production just because those who threw the event chose the Brownstone. There is no justification or excuse for bringing in thugs who were ready to “tear the place apart” during the charity function for a cancer-ridden child. Since then, she has tried to hide behind the “I’m sooooo self conscious about my body” while performing on a pole for some of her thugs, posing for her “friends” and cameras in lingerie, and recently opening her towel to show not just the doctor and nurse, but the camera and crew her whole torso. I’m just hitting some of the highlights, no telling what this psycho will do next. Her inability to accept rejection without going psycho truly makes her dangerous.

Dina wisely got out and I choose to believe her that Danielle wouldn’t stop contacting her. She was shown last season to be obsessed especially with Dina, I see no reason that’s changed. Even if her marriage is going through a rough patch or whatever, better for her that she completely cut away from this mess. And kept her daughter, Lexie, out of it after witnessing what it became last season. BTW, I hope she slapped ZenJen the next time she saw her for that horrible advice.

Caroline has her moments as well. She is most definitely the Alpha Female, and has had some classless moments trashing Danielle. However, she is mostly focused on keeping her family out of the fray and supporting her husband and kids. Seems to have a handle on her kids, who are not lounging around the house doing nothing.

Jacqueline is not as bright as Caroline or Dina but is likeable, until she hops on that “trash Danielle” train, then she derails. Her daughter, Ashley, needs to realize that this show is not about her, it’s about her mother and stay out of the media. Tired of Ashley.

Teresa is kidding herself if she thinks we’re buying into her lady of the manor routine. She is the worst trash talker of the bunch and it only serves to reveal her character. Again. I tried to be on her side, but when she posted a hateful secret message on her blog … classless. I’m done with her.

Time for a redo on this series.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3947985;
    Or maybe Albie just should have worked harder? Why do you jump to the conclusion that because he didn't pass one class, it's the fault of the `idiot teacher'? I almost didn't pass one class in college, but it wasn't my professor's fault.
    I make my judgement based on what we're shown. Albie says it's one class, he said the teacher told him if he has trouble reading things then he shouldn't be a lawyer (which is bull) when he tried to discuss the issue with him. If you go to a teacher and say "look. I have this problem." and they say "well then you shouldn't be a lawyer" that's crap.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3948013;
    he said the teacher told him if he has trouble reading things then he shouldn't be a lawyer (which is bull) when he tried to discuss the issue with him.
    I thought it was people on some panel who told him that? Not sure, but I believe that the situation probably wasn't quite what Albie was saying it was. I do think that if he didn't pass the class, then it was probably more through a lack of effort or time put in (or that area was just his weak point). And it is true that in the `real world', a lawyer better be quick on the draw and understand all aspects of a case if they want to give their client good representation.
    I'm sure the law school professors hear all kinds of excuses from students, and law school, like medical school, is about weeding out those who can't cut it. If Albie could pass his LSATs, I tend to believe he was capable of passing this class if he'd put more effort in.

FORT Fogey

No one said that wasn't a necessity of being a lawyer - it's also not his problem.

Albie doesn't seem to be a slacker. He seems to be a hard worker. I am on the side of the learning disability having something to do with it. My son had learning disabilities in school and he had more difficulty with some classes and not with others. My son was a wiz at math and science and struggled with reading comprehension at times.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3948028;
    If Albie could pass his LSATs, I tend to believe he was capable of passing this class if he'd put more effort in.
    ITA w/ dippity on this ... I googled around and Albie is at Seton Hall ... now just look at these numbers to get into SHU School of Law.

Seton Hall Law School

With strong academics and great career prospects, Seton Hall Law School is quite an attractive option—especially for those student who plan to build their careers in New Jersey.

Admissions & Tuition

Roughly 47% (1,542 of 3,272) of applicants were granted admission last year. Of full-time matriculating students, the 25th to 75th percentile GPA range was 3.29–3.73 and the range for the LSAT was 158-162—with medians of 3.53 and 160, respectively.

My DS took the LSAT's for law school and I remember he studied for roughly 6 months prior to taking them. It is an intense and grueling exam.

If Albie is indeed at SHU as the internet states, he had to have had some decent scores to get accepted.

I think IMHO that he might have slacked off a bit and it cost him in the end.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread