+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2786Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by lcmamom;3947222;
    Why was Albie suspended?
    Grades and a learning disability. I think he said he had a 1.9 something. Also, he said it takes him 3 times to read some things to comprehend. I agree Caroline did a good "mommy" or "mothering moment."
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

I think when you're learning disabled and trying to get through law school, you probably should not be sticking your face on TV as that could be a major distraction. Well, now he can focus on more important things like Millionaire Matchmaker.

The way Caroline addressed the episode awhile back on WWHL, I thought he had a cancer scare or something.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 06-23-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3945845;
    It's just strange hearing adult men call their mothers "Mommy". I think that there's something telling in that choice. It's strange enough hearing adult women call their mothers "Mommy". It's like somebody doesn't want to let go.
    I called my mother mommy until the day she died (I was 25 yrs old) and I called her mama. I am just wondering what is the proper term to call her, certainly not by her first name which I think is disrespectful. I don't understand why this is even an issue for some.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

FORT Fogey

I think because the majority of adults do not address their parents as mommy/daddy when someone hears it, it is a bit unusual. Particularly, maybe, for a grown man. I've never heard an adult do it before. Apparently there are lots of people who do it though, if this forum is any indication. Maybe it's regional. Now that I think of it, my step-father is from the south, and he refers to his (dead) mother as "mommy."

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;3947241;
    I called my mother mommy until the day she died (I was 25 yrs old) and I called her mama. I am just wondering what is the proper term to call her, certainly not by her first name which I think is disrespectful. I don't understand why this is even an issue for some.

I don't know why it's an issue either. I think it's wonderful that he has such a great relationship with his mother.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's an issue because it was presented on the show, and presentation makes it open for discussion.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My sons are 29 & 25. They call me Mom, Mommie, Mammacita, the nice lady who lets me live here rent free.

I refer my Mom as the old lady who is going to put me 6 feet underground. She is a sweetheart but at 86 she is demanding as all getout.

Caroline and Albie are probably 2 of my favorites on the show.
    While i can certainly understand Caroline's comments from a maternal standpoint, I really don't think they have a leg to stand on. And, I don't think they should.
    The requirement at Fordham law school is a 2.0. He got 1.9.
    If they change the requirement for Albie, that means they would need to go back and change it for all the others stuck in the same position as Albie. That would then lead to cahnging the admissions requirements, as well. That would mean lowering them.
    I don't think that's a good precedent to establish. And, I'd be very surprised if Fordham - a top school - would go ahead and drop it.
    Also, it could be argued that why did he just get the low grade in 1 class? If he has a learning disability, how was he able to get passing grades in all the other classes?
    Logically, I just can't see any argument standing up.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

i still call my parents mommy and daddy and it is very possible for a learning disability to go undiagnosed until a child is in middle school.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3945773;
    Age is not treating Danielle well. She looks horrible. Watched that Andy Cohen after-show, and her short dress (which looked like it didn't even come to the chair while she sat), and her legs are skeletal! Her arms don't look like they go with the legs; at least the arms have some shape to them. Not a good look for someone who is aging like she is. The CD wasn't too bad, but all she did was sing it (the first part of the song was "a little pitchy, Dawg...") and I can see that she's also doing the Kim-thing by hinting that she's in a lesbian relationship. Does this woman ever have an original thought? Looks like "monkey see, monkey do", to me. I have to admit that I am somewhat embarrassed for her.

And, did they only find out about Albie's learning disablilty when he was in MIDDLE SCHOOL?? I'm not that familiar with learning disablilities, but do some of them take that long to show themselves, like Caroline made it sound? Was there a head injury, or what? He needs to grow up and stop calling his mother "Mommy". His younger brother is the spitting image of his father! He couldn't deny him if he wanted to!

Kiz

I think often a very smart child can compensate for some learning disabilities until the work just finally gets too hard, so they may not show up until middle school or later. I wouldn't be surprised if certain LD's don't manifest themselves until the teen years as well.

Also, I've read that Albie attended Fordham for his undergrad degree but is/was attending Seton Hall for law. Not sure if that's correct though.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread