+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

My dvr cut off before it was over ... I Hate When That Happens!

Danielle, for someone who is self conscious about your body ...we saw Way Too Much Of It. It's one thing to open your wrap to a doctor and nurse ... quite another to make sure the Camera and crew were witnesses. And again, and again. Ugh. Less (exposure) is definitely more.

Would not trust either Kim as far as I could throw them. Both are angling for Dina's place, as well as that Elvira woman. Please, Bravo, find someone else that we've not seen before!

Teresa's party ... not so much fun, since we know it was ostentatious and unless Bravo covered the cost, those vendors were unpaid.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I sort of wonder if there will be a 3rd NJ season. Dina is gone. I can't see Danielle being asked back because no one wants anything to do with her. I don't know if Teresa will be doing a 3rd season since I can't see her being able to keep up those spending habits and that ridiculous house

FORT Fogey

I think that Bravo would rather keep Danielle over any single person on the show. Hell,maybe they'd rather have her than the rest of the whole cast put together. Ham game can't compete with boobs and sex tapes. The show is still setting network records, so I don't see why they wouldn't bring it back for another season.

Yeah, I agree. I think they would keep Danielle and get rid of the others if they had to. They can find other people willing to play with Danielle to get on tv and let's face it, the others in the cast are boring. I am by no means a Danielle fan, but I don't think people are tuning in just so they can see the Manzo children throw lunchmeat around or see yet another spoiled, overly entitled young adult like Ashley act stupid or see Theresa and Juicy and their annoying brood. Also, there is that bankruptsy thing with Theresa and Joe. I don't know about them returning with their family in a studio apartment. There really isn't a lot to see in the others that would compete with the craziness Danielle has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3945387;

Teresa's party ... not so much fun, since we know it was ostentatious and unless Bravo covered the cost, those vendors were unpaid.
    Yeah, I was definitely disgusted with Theresa now that we know what their financial situation was at the time and she is throwing this lavish party. I hope Bravo was paying for it just because I would hate for these people to not get paid. I don't know if anyone saw her in People magazine, but she is doing damage control, acting like they are just innocent people who got in circumstances beyond control. Yeah, like with their income they had no idea that they couldn't pay back 11 mil worth of debt. What was most telling to me was supposedly they went from $575,000 a year to $79,000 a year yet they made no attempt to stop spending money. They just thought they could charge all they want and not pay it back. Joe also sounds like a nightmare landlord--if all the lawsuits and complaints brought by former tenants are to be believed. I didn't have any better opinion of them after reading that article.

FORT Fogey

Teresa acts like they are in debt because the economy turned, but it looks to me as though they're in debt because they couldn't control spending.

I'm going to guess that 'housewarming party' was paid for by Bravo or they got a lot of free stuff for the free publicity.

The party was tacky.

FORT Fogey

It seems to me that when Bravo was first promoting RHoNJ, they tried to make it look as though the Manzos were mob people with their carefully edited promos, getting Teresa to pay cash for stuff, and being vague about the occupations of some of the menfolk. In the end, whatever mob ties they may or may not have had, really all these people are just examples of is faux-upper middle class obnoxious consumerism. They may be stupid but they're not exactly criminals. With one very obvious exception: Danielle. She really is a seedy, underhanded and stupidly dangerous, unscrupulous ex-con. And I'd put money down that she will end up on the wrong side of the law again eventually.

I had what could only be considered a "break-through". I tured RHW of for a few minutes & just could not deal with them anymore.
    I did forget to turn on WWH to hear Danielle "singing".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Age is not treating Danielle well. She looks horrible. Watched that Andy Cohen after-show, and her short dress (which looked like it didn't even come to the chair while she sat), and her legs are skeletal! Her arms don't look like they go with the legs; at least the arms have some shape to them. Not a good look for someone who is aging like she is. The CD wasn't too bad, but all she did was sing it (the first part of the song was "a little pitchy, Dawg...") and I can see that she's also doing the Kim-thing by hinting that she's in a lesbian relationship. Does this woman ever have an original thought? Looks like "monkey see, monkey do", to me. I have to admit that I am somewhat embarrassed for her.

And, did they only find out about Albie's learning disablilty when he was in MIDDLE SCHOOL?? I'm not that familiar with learning disablilities, but do some of them take that long to show themselves, like Caroline made it sound? Was there a head injury, or what? He needs to grow up and stop calling his mother "Mommy". His younger brother is the spitting image of his father! He couldn't deny him if he wanted to!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-22-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread