+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 765 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120520 ... LastLast
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Is there some connection to the book "Cop Without A Badge" by Charles Kipps, and the real housewife Danielle Staub? What was her husband's name? They mentioned the book in the preview for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3470299;
    Is there some connection to the book "Cop Without A Badge" by Charles Kipps, and the real housewife Danielle Staub? What was her husband's name? They mentioned the book in the preview for next week.

Oh, thanks I couldn't see the name of the book...sounded like she (danielle) is either in the book or maybe she wrote it under a diff. name.....whatever is in that book must be so goood its baad....

If anyone finds out or knows what this book is about, let us know...

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;3470308 View Post
    Oh, thanks I couldn't see the name of the book...sounded like she (danielle) is either in the book or maybe she wrote it under a diff. name.....whatever is in that book must be so goood its baad....

If anyone finds out or knows what this book is about, let us know...
    Here's some info:

Kipps, Charles. Cop Without a Badge: The Extraordinary Undercover Life of Kevin Maher. New York: Carroll & Graf Publishers, Inc., 1996.Call Number: HV 7911 .M34K56 1996
    Abstract: Keven Maher has helped solve more than a dozen homicides, put a regiment of Mafia soldiers behind bars, and plugged a high volume Colombia-Miami-New York cocaine pipeline. Over the past 20 years he has been employed by the NYPD and the FBI, as well as many other important law enforcement agencies. But he doesn't use search warrants and can't be bothered with Miranda rights. He is a one-man posse, a modern day bounty hunter. After years of living life minute by minute, Maher has decided to tell his story.

FORT Newbie

I saw that blurb on Amazon about the book as well, but going to my original question, does anyone know if there/or what is the connection with the book and Danielle? Is her picture in the book? Does she have a relationship of some kind with either the author or the subject of the book (informant)

FORT Fan

I really like Caroline, Teresa and Jacqueline, I'd love if the show revolved around these three ladies. I love Caroline's kids, those kids when they speak into the camera laugh, joke and have such big smiles all the time they seem so happy and well adjusted. Love how much Teresa adores her hubby and kids and Jacqueline is so sweet. I find myself rooting for these ladies and their families, can't say I feel the same about Dina and Danielle.

FORT Newbie

I just found online the video of Dina and Tommy from "My big fat fabulous wedding". (I googled) I KNEW I had seen her before. Both Dina and Caroline look so much thinner. This wasnt so long ago how long have Dina and Tommy been married?

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3470313 View Post
    I saw that blurb on Amazon about the book as well, but going to my original question, does anyone know if there/or what is the connection with the book and Danielle? Is her picture in the book? Does she have a relationship of some kind with either the author or the subject of the book (informant)
    I did a quick search & didn't find a connection but if there is one, I'm sure one of our FORT friends will let us know.

FORT Newbie

I hope so~~ now Im so curious. Ugh. I cannot believe I am sucked into another housewives show. As a former NJ native watching this is bringing back nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by aelinora;3470331 View Post
    I hope so~~ now Im so curious. Ugh. I cannot believe I am sucked into another housewives show. As a former NJ native watching this is bringing back nightmares
    I grew up in NJ, then lived all over the country + in Ireland for 20 years before moving back (because there really is no place like home). Yes, these women are portrayed as stereotypical 'Jersey girls', but they could be from any place you find conspicuous consumption & overgrooming.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3470321;
    I did a quick search & didn't find a connection but if there is one, I'm sure one of our FORT friends will let us know.
    I didn't find anything either but one of the women said that Danielle's mugshot is in the book. I wonder if she went by a different name when this happened? The book came out in 1995.

+ Reply to Thread