+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 823 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree3789Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

They seemed very...mafia-like. LOL
    From the previews I think I like the SIL and Theresa. I may love or hate Dina.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3406803;
    My best friend lived in NJ a few years ago when her husband was playing ball. She called me one day she moved there and said, "Remember Goodfellas? All the women are like the women in that movie." I guess nothing had changed.
    Not all women & not this Jersey Girl.

No one...and I mean no one I know where I live...is like any of these women. I guess they liked how popular the NY wives were and decided to film in communities in Northern NJ that are very close to NYC.

Also...they seemed to just find one family and build from there. Sisters...married to brothers and added a sister in law married to the brother. Wow.

All I can say is if you miss the Sopranos...then you'll love this show. Carmella would fit right in.

i watched the preview, i think these ladies may be just as much of a trainwreck as the atl cast. i can't wait!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;3407160;
    Not all women & not this Jersey Girl.

No one...and I mean no one I know where I live...is like any of these women. I guess they liked how popular the NY wives were and decided to film in communities in Northern NJ that are very close to NYC.

Also...they seemed to just find one family and build from there. Sisters...married to brothers and added a sister in law married to the brother. Wow.

All I can say is if you miss the Sopranos...then you'll love this show. Carmella would fit right in.
    I completely know what you are saying. I was joking about the stereotype that Bravo has to show. My in-laws live in Bergen County and NJ is a big mix of people, just like everywhere else in the US. Too bad that they couldn't show other people instead of this one extended family. They are totally like the Sopranos. I find it funny that they are all in the "construction" business. I have friends in RI who are also in the "construction" business and they wink when they say it.
    I did they they were hilarious, though. I'm hoping the show "Mistah Gucci" at some point!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Lookin forward to the next epi as with the other RHW seasons with gusto. This is my obsession. Gaaawd, I sooo don't have a life!
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

i think just the dark hair chick (well, her hubby) is in construction. the others (the family) run some event location - the brownstone or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3407356;
    I completely know what you are saying. I was joking about the stereotype that Bravo has to show. My in-laws live in Bergen County and NJ is a big mix of people, just like everywhere else in the US. Too bad that they couldn't show other people instead of this one extended family. They are totally like the Sopranos. I find it funny that they are all in the "construction" business. I have friends in RI who are also in the "construction" business and they wink when they say it.
    I did they they were hilarious, though. I'm hoping the show "Mistah Gucci" at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3407426;
    i think just the dark hair chick (well, her hubby) is in construction. the others (the family) run some event location - the brownstone or something like that.
    Didn't they show or use their location in Bridezilla's? My friend thinks one of the girls looks familiar and possibly from that show.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I can't wait for this show to start! The women remind me of a mixture of the OC women and Atlanta women.

Anyone else think Dina looks like a cross btwn Carmela and Tony's shrink from the Sopranos?
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3407488;
    Didn't they show or use their location in Bridezilla's? My friend thinks one of the girls looks familiar and possibly from that show.
    I think I remember Dina being on Platnum Wedding's awhile back, I thought she was a spoiled bitch then too.

+ Reply to Thread