+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2698Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

If I was named 'Albert', you'd have to call me 'Al'!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936796;
    I hear you and would agree. However, I do remember growing up with several Albies.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

In my family we call Albertson's grocery store Albie's.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I was a grocery store, you could call me Albie!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936796;

Will you be my long lost pal?

signed..Betty (LOL)

----------

I really didn't get the feeling that Jacqueline was purposely tormenting Ashley by saying she resembled her grandmother when the g/m was young. I might have missed a swirling undercurrent in the conversation, but I thought it was an innocent comment that Ashley blew out of proportion because the g/m is now overweight. Poor dear. I hope Ashley's reaction doesn't hurt her feelings. It was pretty rotten for Ashley to call her mom a b*&#h, especially on national TV. Not a good night for her, that's for sure. Ashley used the PMSing excuse on her Bravo blog. :nono
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I think Theresa's second oldest child, who looks different from the others, looks just like Joe's mother. On the episode where the family was making tomato sauce and they showed Joes mother I realized that the little girl looked like her grandmother. I think she's lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3936588;
    Maybe I need to watch it again. But I still don't think Jacqueline would say it to deliberately hurt Ashley, or be mean if she was doing nothing wrong, regardless.

I thought the poker night was a nice thing - it shows that under the whole show, these are still average people, who hang out and have poker nights (that are low-key and not turned into a branding opportunity/charity event/huge party). I thought the initiation thing was all in good fun, but it made me uncomfortable because it was clearly being edited to have a mob-esque undertone.
    I saw it is Ashley reminded her in that moment of Grandma Jacqueline did not say fat Grandma or relative. I saw it as maybe a facial expression or her dress reminded her not something sinister like Ashley dreamed up in her mind. Ashley is like most teen girls looking for angst to dramatize over.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3936726;
    I like how she told her friends that the Manzos (and/or Teresa?) set her up with Steve, so it was all their fault and showed how they think she's garbage to fix her up with a piece of sh-- like that. Who knows how the actual fix-up really went, or even if it WAS a fix-up. Maybe they just invited them both to the same social occasion, but in Danielle's warped mind, she was somehow forced by them to date the guy repeatedly, so everything that subsequently happened is THEIR fault? Poor Danielle, always the victim. What a pathetic piece of work she is.
    The old-looking supposedly young guy Bravo hired to date Beverly -- wasn't he shown in a restaurant with her, where she asked him to interrup dinner to go into the toilet room for a quickie? And he wouldn't do it.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3936726;
    I like how she told her friends that the Manzos (and/or Teresa?) set her up with Steve, so it was all their fault and showed how they think she's garbage to fix her up with a piece of sh-- like that. Who knows how the actual fix-up really went, or even if it WAS a fix-up. Maybe they just invited them both to the same social occasion, but in Danielle's warped mind, she was somehow forced by them to date the guy repeatedly, so everything that subsequently happened is THEIR fault? Poor Danielle, always the victim. What a pathetic piece of work she is.
    The old-looking supposedly young guy Bravo hired to date Beverly -- wasn't he shown in a restaurant with her, where she asked him to interrupt dinner to go into the toilet room for a quickie? And he wouldn't do it.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3936383;
    You don't equate all breeders with puppy mills, right?
    No, I mentioned responsible breeders a couple of times. They are the ones that have people sign agreements not to breed(spay/ neuter) purebreds that are just pet quality. They do this so that the breed's bad traits are not passed on. Just because a dog has papers doesn't mean that it is show quality. Years ago (And I'm sure that it's still done) the "less than perfect puppies" would be killed. Responsible breeders are also very picky about who they sell any of their puppies to. Having a fertile dog does not make someone a real breeder.

+ Reply to Thread