+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3266Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936483;
    Theresa's little fast-butt daughter is Melainia (I think). I use "hot-to-trot" because they've already got that child overly full of herself. She is trouble in the making, but that is their decision. No fair complaining later! I believe in children having self-confidence, but this is ridiculous.
    I am thinking you mean, GIA!

Other daughters are Gabriella, Milania, and new baby, Audriana!
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, if you say so. Like I said, I don't quite know who's who! It's the one who looks just like the man who is not her daddy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3936425;
    Wow, what an episode!

Kim G - What a 2 faced liar! Unbelievable!!!! And how stupid can she be that she doesn't realize that when she says one thing to Danielle, and then when she makes the opposite statements to Jacqueline, that BOTH SIDES were filmed, to be shown publicly to the world!

Jacqueline -- Usually I think she's great and I'm totally in her corner, especially with regard to how she's trying to reign in Ashley and teach her how to be a better person, but I have to say, her needling comments to Ashley about looking like her heavy grandmother (knowing that Ashley didn't like it) was pretty passive-aggressive! Can't blame her too much, cause she's only human, and Ashley is a total pain in the a$$, but Jacqueline's the mom, and needs to remember that.

Danielle, Kim G and the other women on the stripper pole. . . ick, ick, ick!!!! (Thank goodness for TIVO and the fast-forward!)

The guys in the deli spending over $500 for poker snacks --- wow!

Chris and the guys initiating Ashley's boyfriend into their. . . what? Family? Circle? Whatever --- maybe it was all in good fun, but there sure was an uncomfortable undertone to it.

Dina -- I'm so, so sorry to see her leave, but I completely understand and agree --- this is the only way to get Danielle out of her life, at least as much as possible. At the very beginning of the RHNJ franchise I thought Dina was going to be a typical tough-talking, crude guidette type, but she really surprised us all. Very sweet, peace loving, classy lady. Don't get me wrong, I know she's got her abrasive side too -- but I love that she's making a conscious effort to not be like that. (Hope next season Danielle will be gone and Dina will return, but Danielle creates too much $$drama for Bravo, so that probably isn't likely to happen.)

Lexi -- Wow! You looked gorgeous on WWHL! So happy for you. The little duckling is definitely turning into a swan!

Danielle and Danny - Am I the only one who thinks they'd make a perfect couple? Two ex-con scumbag soulmates! They'd be perfect for each other!

Teresa and Joe - I am REALLY curious to see how this bankruptcy-no money situation is going to play out in their lives. Wonder what they'll let Bravo show. . .
    Sincere question, do we know this? I did not get from the episode that Jaqueline knew that would tick her daughter off (just her daughter's side interview that it did). If she knew, then I agree with those of you who said she pushed it. But if she didn't know, then I think it was all on Ashley to act like a grown up and tell her mother she didn't like the comparison, and why.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936512;
    OK, if you say so. Like I said, I don't quite know who's who! It's the one who looks just like the man who is not her daddy.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936453;
    I guess I was raised to "mind my manners" in the presence of my elders. I don't think Jacqueline is devoid of any wrong doing, but Ashley also doesn't have to "get lippy". We all reach our breaking points, and Jacqueline had reached hers.
    So was I but there comes a time where a parent needs to treat an adult child with the respect they would treat any adult. I mean, if you felt you were being treated in a disrespectful manner by an elder in your family, I'm going to guess, you would say something to them. I think that is all Ashley was doing.

Anyway, I'm not defending her (most of the time I think she's very immature) and I think she could have handled herself better. I can, however, empathize with her because my mom used to 'tease' me the way Jacqueline was 'teasing' Ashley. I would usually call my mom out on it ('you know I don't like that' or 'that hurts my feelings') and her response was always 'I was only kidding'. Saying 'I'm kidding' doesn't take away the fact that it was said and it was hurtful.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3936392;
    I don't think she was showing off for her boyfriend. I think Jacqueline was showing off to her friends by saying 'see I do actually have a backbone when it comes to my daughter'. I think Jacqueline made the comment knowing it would upset Ashely.
    But why would she do that? We've never seen Jacqueline do something to purposely hurt someone before. I really think it was probably Ashley overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3936429;
    It's not my post you quoted, but I would say no, not all. But I've been in rescue and rehabilitation for 40+ years, and there are relatively few really responsible breeders. To most, it is all about money. Dogs (and cats) that aren't sellable are usually euthanized, and sometimes not in the most humane manner, or dumped at kill shelters. They're not considered worth anything if they can't fetch a profit. Many other breeders are just fronts for puppy mill dogs. Many sell over the Internet, so they don't even know or care who the buyers are, whether they can provide a good forever home, etc., as long as they have the bucks. Conversely, the buyers don't know how the puppies were bred or raised.

Besides, for every puppy or kitten bought from a breeder, one dies at a kill shelter for lack of a home. People should at least look there and at breed-specific rescues first ... there are plenty of purebreds, and they just might fall in love with a non-purebred. Really, what difference does it make? They're all precious no matter what they look like on the outside, and it's WRONG to assume shelter animals are somehow damaged or problematic. I'm an animal behaviorist specializing in dogs with serious behavior issues, and more than half my clients are purebreds! The mixed breeds are actually easier to work with, and any problems they might have (just about always from being mistreated by humans) are much more easily and quickly resolved.
    I feel like I'm being lectured which I know (hope) was not your intention. I was really just wanting to make sure that some were aware that not all your breeders are like puppy mills.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3936559;
    But why would she do that? We've never seen Jacqueline do something to purposely hurt someone before. I really think it was probably Ashley overreacting.
    Jacqueline has said herself that she is largely at fault for how Ashley acts. I also think that Caroline and Teresa (?) have made comments on how Ashley is towards Jacqueline. This is why I can see Jacqueline trying to act more tough around T and the rest.

I was shocked that the boys let the women in the room with them. I thought it was going to be a 'No stinky girls allowed' kind of night.

FORT Fogey

Maybe I need to watch it again. But I still don't think Jacqueline would say it to deliberately hurt Ashley, or be mean if she was doing nothing wrong, regardless.

I thought the poker night was a nice thing - it shows that under the whole show, these are still average people, who hang out and have poker nights (that are low-key and not turned into a branding opportunity/charity event/huge party). I thought the initiation thing was all in good fun, but it made me uncomfortable because it was clearly being edited to have a mob-esque undertone.

Jacqueline made a comment that Ashley's features reminded her of her grandmother. Oh how horrible of her! Ashley needs to grow up and apologize to her mother and her grandmother for acting like an insensitive 4 year old.

+ Reply to Thread