+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2523Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #1881
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,360

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    People tend to get bolder when they think they have a supportive audience...thus, the boyfriend comment. With Jacqueline being the mother, she is right to demand her respect, and Ashley kept getting warned but chose to push her luck. I think she got exactly what she was asking for and, her boyfriend, by not getting up and following her out of the house supported what he knew to be right. Sometimes, you've got to know not when to push the envelope and Ashley is at the right age to try her mother. Sometimes, children have to be reminded that they are, indeed, children no matter what age they are.

    I remember this type of thing happening in my own family when kids overstepped their boundaries.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #1882
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Wow, what an episode!

    Kim G - What a 2 faced liar! Unbelievable!!!! And how stupid can she be that she doesn't realize that when she says one thing to Danielle, and then when she makes the opposite statements to Jacqueline, that BOTH SIDES were filmed, to be shown publicly to the world!

    Jacqueline -- Usually I think she's great and I'm totally in her corner, especially with regard to how she's trying to reign in Ashley and teach her how to be a better person, but I have to say, her needling comments to Ashley about looking like her heavy grandmother (knowing that Ashley didn't like it) was pretty passive-aggressive! Can't blame her too much, cause she's only human, and Ashley is a total pain in the a$$, but Jacqueline's the mom, and needs to remember that.

    Danielle, Kim G and the other women on the stripper pole. . . ick, ick, ick!!!! (Thank goodness for TIVO and the fast-forward!)

    The guys in the deli spending over $500 for poker snacks --- wow!

    Chris and the guys initiating Ashley's boyfriend into their. . . what? Family? Circle? Whatever --- maybe it was all in good fun, but there sure was an uncomfortable undertone to it.

    Dina -- I'm so, so sorry to see her leave, but I completely understand and agree --- this is the only way to get Danielle out of her life, at least as much as possible. At the very beginning of the RHNJ franchise I thought Dina was going to be a typical tough-talking, crude guidette type, but she really surprised us all. Very sweet, peace loving, classy lady. Don't get me wrong, I know she's got her abrasive side too -- but I love that she's making a conscious effort to not be like that. (Hope next season Danielle will be gone and Dina will return, but Danielle creates too much $$drama for Bravo, so that probably isn't likely to happen.)

    Lexi -- Wow! You looked gorgeous on WWHL! So happy for you. The little duckling is definitely turning into a swan!

    Danielle and Danny - Am I the only one who thinks they'd make a perfect couple? Two ex-con scumbag soulmates! They'd be perfect for each other!

    Teresa and Joe - I am REALLY curious to see how this bankruptcy-no money situation is going to play out in their lives. Wonder what they'll let Bravo show. . .
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-16-2010 at 12:25 PM.

  3. #1883
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3936383;
    You don't equate all breeders with puppy mills, right?
    It's not my post you quoted, but I would say no, not all. But I've been in rescue and rehabilitation for 40+ years, and there are relatively few really responsible breeders. To most, it is all about money. Dogs (and cats) that aren't sellable are usually euthanized, and sometimes not in the most humane manner, or dumped at kill shelters. They're not considered worth anything if they can't fetch a profit. Many other breeders are just fronts for puppy mill dogs. Many sell over the Internet, so they don't even know or care who the buyers are, whether they can provide a good forever home, etc., as long as they have the bucks. Conversely, the buyers don't know how the puppies were bred or raised.

    Besides, for every puppy or kitten bought from a breeder, one dies at a kill shelter for lack of a home. People should at least look there and at breed-specific rescues first ... there are plenty of purebreds, and they just might fall in love with a non-purebred. Really, what difference does it make? They're all precious no matter what they look like on the outside, and it's WRONG to assume shelter animals are somehow damaged or problematic. I'm an animal behaviorist specializing in dogs with serious behavior issues, and more than half my clients are purebreds! The mixed breeds are actually easier to work with, and any problems they might have (just about always from being mistreated by humans) are much more easily and quickly resolved.

  4. #1884
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,360

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    I have trouble keeping up with names on these shows, but did anyone else notice how much Theresa's hot-to-trot daughter looks like the one man at the poker table who is not her husband. That little girl looks just like him!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #1885
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Ashley should have either said 'that upsets me' or just ignored her mother but I don't think she got bolder because of her boyfriend there. I mean, we've seen Ashley talk back to her mother before and, IMO, there was no difference in how Ashley fought on the poker night or other times.

    They were both wrong but I think it was more wrong of Jacqueline to start it and then to say 'alright you've stepped over the line GET OUT' when she knew the comment she made to Ashely would upset her. IMO, she kind of set that whole scene up in a non Bravo scripted way (or maybe it was scripted) knowing how it might end.

    Just because she's the mother doesn't make her void of any wrong doing.

  6. #1886
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,360

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    I guess I was raised to "mind my manners" in the presence of my elders. I don't think Jacqueline is devoid of any wrong doing, but Ashley also doesn't have to "get lippy". We all reach our breaking points, and Jacqueline had reached hers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #1887
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936435;
    I have trouble keeping up with names on these shows, but did anyone else notice how much Theresa's hot-to-trot daughter looks like the one man at the poker table who is not her husband. That little girl looks just like him!!!
    Who is Teresa's hot-to-trot daughter? They're all just little girls (unless hot to trot means something other than what I think it means)? Or do you mean Jacqueline's daughter Ashley? If so, Chris Laurita is not her biological father.

  8. #1888
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3936437;
    Ashley should have either said 'that upsets me' or just ignored her mother but I don't think she got bolder because of her boyfriend there. I mean, we've seen Ashley talk back to her mother before and, IMO, there was no difference in how Ashley fought on the poker night or other times.

    They were both wrong but I think it was more wrong of Jacqueline to start it and then to say 'alright you've stepped over the line GET OUT' when she knew the comment she made to Ashely would upset her. IMO, she kind of set that whole scene up in a non Bravo scripted way (or maybe it was scripted) knowing how it might end.

    Just because she's the mother doesn't make her void of any wrong doing.
    I don't think J meant any harm with what she said to Ashley. It was more a combination of what I felt was sincere family nostalgia for the grandmother, and perhaps a little harmless teasing. I might be wrong, but I think I even remember J saying something about how she was NOT referring to the fact that the grandmother was fat ... it was just some similarity in their faces. Ashley is an immature girl who took it the wrong way and insulted her mother to "get even." She was way out of line and I'm glad J threw her out. Maybe Ashley will eventually learn to be more respectful to her mother and others and will learn to be responsible for what she says and does to people. Otherwise, that girl is going nowhere fast. I get that J is genuinely concerned for her daughter's future because she is so immature and irresponsible. As I posted before, I'm sure she knows she had a hand in that, as many parents do when they over-indulge a child, and now she's trying to make up for it as best she can when the opportunities arise.

  9. #1889
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3936429;
    It's not my post you quoted, but I would say no, not all. But I've been in rescue and rehabilitation for 40+ years, and there are relatively few really responsible breeders. To most, it is all about money. Dogs (and cats) that aren't sellable are usually euthanized, and sometimes not in the most humane manner, or dumped at kill shelters. They're not considered worth anything if they can't fetch a profit. Many other breeders are just fronts for puppy mill dogs. Many sell over the Internet, so they don't even know or care who the buyers are, whether they can provide a good forever home, etc., as long as they have the bucks. Conversely, the buyers don't know how the puppies were bred or raised.

    Besides, for every puppy or kitten bought from a breeder, one dies at a kill shelter for lack of a home. People should at least look there and at breed-specific rescues first ... there are plenty of purebreds, and they just might fall in love with a non-purebred. Really, what difference does it make? They're all precious no matter what they look like on the outside, and it's WRONG to assume shelter animals are somehow damaged or problematic. I'm an animal behaviorist specializing in dogs with serious behavior issues, and more than half my clients are purebreds! The mixed breeds are actually easier to work with, and any problems they might have (just about always from being mistreated by humans) are much more easily and quickly resolved.
    Thank you for that. I also know people who produce puppies when they need extra cash which seems to be every few months and they've only got the one female dog. This means the poor thing is nothing more than a puppy factory. As I have said, if someone chooses to buy a puppy, then a good balance is to adopt one as well. It seems karmic that way, at least. When my son was 8 he desperately wanted a beagle. He researched every book in the library on the topic. I took him to the local dog shelter and said you can buy a beagle for $400 or you can save an animal's life. We found a beagle mix and we've had him now for 9 years. We also adopted another pooch two years later. These dogs are smarter and prettier than any dog that can be bought. Dogs are not accessories to match your outfit. They are a lifelong commitment and an integral part of the family. Please, please, please tour your local Humane Society before you consider buying a dog for hundreds of dollars. You can even put yourself on a waiting list there if you absolutely must have a dog of a particular breed. But, I know your dog is waiting there for you.

  10. #1890
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,360

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Theresa's little fast-butt daughter is Melainia (I think). I use "hot-to-trot" because they've already got that child overly full of herself. She is trouble in the making, but that is their decision. No fair complaining later! I believe in children having self-confidence, but this is ridiculous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.