+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2716Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Was that on the show last night? I must have missed it. I feel the same way you do about that, Ubidiah!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3934564;
    Was that on the show last night? I must have missed it. I feel the same way you do about that, Ubidiah!
    No, sorry. I follow both on twitter. I saw that JL had bought new puppy (pure bred), and then couple days later, Dina at a shelter tweeting for people to come down and adopt an animal. Did you see the little doggy Dina adopted with the wheelchair? How sweet was that? It was poor form for JL to show off her dog in tweet pics when she must have known this event was coming up. I just hate that people pay for purebreds when so many animals need homes. This just really ticked me off. As I said, I want to like JL but terrible timing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3934580;
    No, sorry. I follow both on twitter. I saw that JL had bought new puppy (pure bred), and then couple days later, Dina at a shelter tweeting for people to come down and adopt an animal. Did you see the little doggy Dina adopted with the wheelchair? How sweet was that? It was poor form for JL to show off her dog in tweet pics when she must have known this event was coming up. I just hate that people pay for purebreds when so many animals need homes. This just really ticked me off. As I said, I want to like JL but terrible timing.
    Plus there are plenty of purebreds at shelters needing homes, too! I wonder if Dina knew the Lauritas were looking for a purebred ... she could have helped them find one at a shelter and probably would have if she knew. Good for Dina adopting a special needs dog ... I knew I liked her!

FORT Fogey

Yeah, I got nothing against purebreds, per se. Sorry if that's how it sounded.

Danielle calling Danny and the other hoodlum to come into Chakra because she is so shakened up ... Please.

Ya, who were those women w/Danielle? I mean I know Kim G but the other ones ... I think Bravo HIRED them to make it look like Danielle actually has friends.

Love JL actually physically removing A from the house. YEAH! To get all upset and angry at her mom because JL said she looked like someone in their family. WHAT.

$600.00 on cold cuts ... omg. And looking at what JL placed in front of the guys ... no way did it look like more than $20.00 worth of food.

Why did Teresa follow Juicy to his poker game? ODD.

Danielle and her posse on the strip pole performing for the hoodlums ...

Good luck to you, Dina!! We will miss you!!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

That food made me so hungry.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3934676;
    Yeah, I got nothing against purebreds, per se. Sorry if that's how it sounded.
    That's not what I meant. I was agreeing with your post and just adding that if the Lauritas wanted a purebred (some people just won't settle for anything other than what they want, even if it doesn't make much sense), they could most likely have found one at a shelter ... or at a breed-specific rescue group ... instead of buying from a breeder or a puppy mill.

IMHO I don't think anyone should dictate what kind of dog someone buys.

I have 3 cats all of which came from the SPCA. I would never buy one from a breeder or pet store but that is my choice.

I loves Danielle getting dollar bills showered upon her. From Benjamins to Bucks. Talk about the reduced rack.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3934745;

I have 3 cats all of which came from the SPCA. I would never buy one from a breeder or pet store but that is my choice.
    Nobody was trying to dictate anything. The comment was made that it might be a bit insensitive for JL to buy a purebred dog when her sil is valiantly trying to get people to adopt dogs who will be killed at shelters for lack of homes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3934745;

I loves Danielle getting dollar bills showered upon her. From Benjamins to Bucks. Talk about the reduced rack.
    Buy one and adopt one. That seems fair. If people love dogs, they should save the ones who need saving first. Otherwise it's contributing to the problem. If someone is going to buy a dog because they love a particular breed or because they want the status or because they fell in love with one in the window then they should adopt one too, or at least contribute to a shelter that saves and protects animals. If someone wants to buy a dog, they should take a walk through a local shelter first. If they can still go and buy a dog without saving one they've just seen, then they are buying a dog for the wrong reasons.

+ Reply to Thread