+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2849Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3929005;
    A sincere question here: How is it okay to refer to someone as "psychotic," yet not okay to refer to someone as a "sociopath?"
    Thank you for that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

A sincere question here: How is it okay to refer to someone as "psychotic," yet not okay to refer to someone as a "sociopath?"
    “When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”
    “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”
    “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master. That’s all.”

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3928995;
    I am not sure how Ashley could have inherited any traits from the Manzos. She is not related to any of them by blood. And she wasn't around any Manzos during her developmental years either.
    That's not quite right. CJ was 7 last season and Ashley was 18 at the oldest. So that means that Jaqueline and Chris would have gotten married when she was at the oldest 11. Which means she was exposed to them throughout all of her teenage years.

FORT Fogey

Excellent question! And to stereotype people who live in trailer parks?

But as far as getting her own TV show, maybe Teresa could get a cooking show! I bet that would be really fun. She and Caroline were on Rachael Ray competing for the best meatballs ... seems that could lead naturally to an Italian cooking show. Really. I'm being sincere about that.

It appears that Chris and Jacqueline have been together more than 13 years, so it doesn't seem like Ashley spent too much time without a male figure / father in the household.
    Ashley seems to have a lot of insecurity about herself.
    Hopefully, she will learn from all of this.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 06-09-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ok I just about lost my dinner when I came across a story of Danielle and her sextape, Yuck
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3928979;
    I do think she's lazy, I do think she needs to get control of her temper, and I do think she's spoiled. I also think she's unintelligent and immature. I wouldn't go so far as to judge her actual character though - say she's not a good person or a bad person or a bad seed. We just can't know that.
    This spoiled punk is jumping on the bandwagon. She's obviously infuenced by Manzo...."protecting my family." From what? Hell, she can't even stand her own family as demonstrated by the disrespect she has for her mom when she came home with her laundry. She's beyond spoiled and Jackie should have kicked her arse a long time ago. And it shouldn't be too late now. And to think that Bravo gave this lazy punk her own blog. Ashley blogs that she's so glad that all her "fans" are following her and posting. This horrible show is done (or should be). Don't know what Danielle did to them that was sooooooo bad. If I recall correctly, all she wanted to do is have a friendship with Jackie and....well, the rest is history. Now, come on everybody, doesn't it make sense that this alleged reality show is sooooooooooo bogus. Seriously, the whole premise of the thing is hating Danielle so much and they want absolutely nothing to do with her -- then, all they had to do was refuse to do a reality show with her this season. Perhaps, if they mean what they say, there will not be another season. I guess everybody wants their 15 minutes. I do like Dina but hope she's the one who decides to get out of the vortex because she no longer wants to be around bad people who she believes are toxic in her life (i.e., Danielle). They should just rename the show "The Manzo Family Hour." (And no one else is allowed in.)

Whew -- I feel better now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ashley is still living a high school mentality, while she's thinking that she's grown. She seems miles behind her 20 year old boyfriend, who is trying to guide her. That could get old real quick!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What I got out of this episode, with T and Gia, is that Gia doesn't "really" want to be an actress. Acting takes work and she doesn't want to do that part of it because it isn't fun. She just likes dressing up and pretending to be an actress! Working with a dialect coach would be work! Then you've got Teresa backing her up with the crazy thought that she will loose her Jersey accent! She should have said "hey, you want to be and actress? Well this is part of it"! Gia just wants to be famous and what little kid doesn't? I haven't seen Gia do anything that shows that she has any talent. She's good at hamming it up for the cameras but that seems to be about it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3929559;
    This spoiled punk is jumping on the bandwagon. She's obviously infuenced by Manzo...."protecting my family." From what? Hell, she can't even stand her own family as demonstrated by the disrespect she has for her mom when she came home with her laundry. She's beyond spoiled and Jackie should have kicked her arse a long time ago. And it shouldn't be too late now. And to think that Bravo gave this lazy punk her own blog.
    Thanks canuck! This is exactly what I meant when I referred to Ashley having developed the worst family traits --- I know she isn't related to the Manzos by blood -- but 'nature or nurture' -- both influence us tremendously.

+ Reply to Thread