+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2660Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I will make an exception for Ashley, not based on her age, but based on Danielle. I'm not sure how long I could endure being in the same room with her before I ripped out her extensions too. And that is the truth.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Pathetic.

Teresa Giudice bankruptcy means star owes $11 million

The woman has a husband who won't use the word, "No."

I hate 'poseurs'.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-09-2010 at 10:30 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3928633;
    I will make an exception for Ashley, not based on her age, but based on Danielle. I'm not sure how long I could endure being in the same room with her before I ripped out her extensions too. And that is the truth.
    Agreed. I think Danielle knows Ashley is not too bright and is immature for her age (which D can relate to!) and provoked then turned around and played the victim. I've seen it too many times with my 5th graders. Both end up in trouble with me, the "reactor" and the "button pusher".
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3928147;
    I have to be honest now that you are chatting about Gia and her auditions ... to me, she looked absolutely BORED. She did not know her lines after Teresa was out in the waiting room telling all that could hear HOW PREPARED HER DAUGHTER WAS ... And then when the dialect coach came in to work with Gia and Teresa to observe ... actually they BOTH looked bored to tears. JMHO.
    That Gia kid has major attitude, but the poor kid will never be pretty; she's got her father's stumpy build and her mother's face. It's cruel to put her out there to be stomped on - they won't always have Bravo around to get Fashion Week gigs or pay for voice coaches. Her super-confident attitude is sure to become seething misdirected hate as she gets older. Teresa and Juicy have no idea how to parent. Their storyline is ugly.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3928147;
    I have to be honest now that you are chatting about Gia and her auditions ... to me, she looked absolutely BORED. She did not know her lines after Teresa was out in the waiting room telling all that could hear HOW PREPARED HER DAUGHTER WAS ... And then when the dialect coach came in to work with Gia and Teresa to observe ... actually they BOTH looked bored to tears. JMHO.
    Well Gia is perfect in Theresa's eyes, so I guess they shouldn't have to work at getting through auditions or have anyone else tell her how to act. It is obvious the girl didn't pay attention to her acting classes since she can't act. Theresa needs to get over being so resentful--Gia picks up on that. They aren't perfect and these are people who know more about the industry than they do. And can someone tell Theresa that a dialect coach isn't going to make her lose her Jersey accent, that it will help Gia get different kinds of roles, since she will learn to turn on a different accent when she needs to. Hugh Laurie is one example--thick British accent and briliantly plays an American doctor without a trace of his natural accent. Of course, Gia also needs to learn to act as well, but enough with the attitude that she is perfect and anyone who doesn't automatically hire her is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3928659;
    Pathetic.

Teresa Giudice bankruptcy means star owes $11 million

The woman has a husband who won't use the word, "No."

I hate 'poseurs'.
    I still shake my head at that. Wanting everyone to think you are rich and fabulous and well off is just not worth getting all of thaqt debt. There isn't a money fairy that gives them free cash under their pillows that they won't have to pay back. it just comes back to bite them and makes them look more ridiculous when it all comes out. I suppose she will try to get her own show and see how much cash she can get out of Gia in terms of modeling and acting gigs.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3928589;
    Ashley's behavior has nothing to do with her age. People are nice or not-nice at every age. If Ashley were only acting immature or like an 'idiot' it wouldn't be so bad. But she is much worse than that, and seems to have inherited or developed the worst characteristics of her family. Up until now, we've only seen the lazy, irresponsible, spoiled brat side of Ashley. Now, her ugly temper and grudge holding personality traits are showing their ugly heads, and look what's coming. . . a physical attack on Danielle where she pulls Danielle's weave out. Ashley is not an idiot. She's a bad seed.
    I'm not disputing anything about Ashley... but how do you see that as a "family" trait?? The Manzos and the Lauritas seem to be very hard-working, responsible people. Of the children, Albe's going to be a lawyer, Lauren and Christopher decided not to go to college and are working at the Brownstone (hard) and Ashley's the only one who isn't really doing anything. And her family members are concerned.

I do think she's lazy, I do think she needs to get control of her temper, and I do think she's spoiled. I also think she's unintelligent and immature. I wouldn't go so far as to judge her actual character though - say she's not a good person or a bad person or a bad seed. We just can't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3928979;
    I'm not disputing anything about Ashley... but how do you see that as a "family" trait?? The Manzos and the Lauritas seem to be very hard-working, responsible people. Of the children, Albe's going to be a lawyer, Lauren and Christopher decided not to go to college and are working at the Brownstone (hard) and Ashley's the only one who isn't really doing anything. And her family members are concerned.

I do think she's lazy, I do think she needs to get control of her temper, and I do think she's spoiled. I also think she's unintelligent and immature. I wouldn't go so far as to judge her actual character though - say she's not a good person or a bad person or a bad seed. We just can't know that.
    I am not sure how Ashley could have inherited any traits from the Manzos. She is not related to any of them by blood. And she wasn't around any Manzos during her developmental years either.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3928979;

Gia will be the NEXT Ashley.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3928172;
    All the same, because of her notoriety, she really does seem to be the break-out star of this series. Last week's ratings were the highest of any of the Housewives' franchises ever - the infamous Brownstone outing. They may even give her a spin off: Psychotic stage mom on steroids? Teresa, the comic relief (the potty-mouthed lady who wants to be "classy") could get a spin off, too: Trailer Parks of NJ. No offense to anyone living in a trailer park in New Jersey
    A sincere question here: How is it okay to refer to someone as "psychotic," yet not okay to refer to someone as a "sociopath?"

+ Reply to Thread