+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3255Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I ended up watching the show last night at 10:00, then again at 11:00 (I was working on the computer and had the TV on in the room and never bothered to change the channel), then the first 20 minutes of the midnight viewing before I finally decided I'd had enough... [hangs head in shame]

Anyway, some random thoughts from last night's episode:

Kim G. looked older than her mother-in-law.

For someone who gets so offended about references to her past, Danielle sure was having a great time joking (in the clothing store, when Danny tried on the suit) about being a defendant on trial.

And some random thoughts in general on this season:

Table-tipping aside, did Danielle really think that she was in physical danger from C/D/T/J? (I'm assuming all of what we've seen so far this season took place before the weave-pulling incident, which happened in November, I believe.) She may consider them "mean girls," but did she really think they were going to physically attack her? Especially at the Brownstone or a public restaurant? I see no reason why she felt the need to have Danny and the other assorted thugs "have her back" in those situations other than to intimidate the other HWs. Danielle is the one that escalated the situation from mean gossip to veiled threats and intimidation.

Danille seems to me like a child who is determined to get attention and if it's not going to be good attention, then she'll gladly take negative attention -- to her, I think, the worst thing would be to be ignored...kind of reminds me of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction ("Well, what am I supposed to do? You won't answer my calls, you change your number. I mean, I'm not gonna be ignored, Dan!").

Okay in what universie does BYE equal KILL??? Ashley is immature to say the least. Trying to match wits with a grown adult(?) in Danielle is like a kitten trying to mate with a pit bull.
    In any case...I am totally convinced that if not entirely "scripted" BRAVO controls the direction these shows take. I was convinced of this when the BRAVO camera crew just happened to catch Kim G going into the nail salon where Jacquline just happened to be getting a pedi.
    Okay why was her son's clothing taken off while the staff of the nail salon was watching the baby? Weird!
    If Kim G becomes the next housewife, that will be another RHW show I won't be watching. If she didn't want to be part of the drama & cause a rift between her son & Chris she wouldn't have that discussion filmedwith Danielle. Heck she wouldn't even associate herself with Danielle since she realy wasn't even friends with her until Christine got her modeling gig.

For some reason the RHONJ seems somewhat scripted to me. I don't feel that way so much about the RHONY. Maybe thier just not as good at acting. I don't know. It always seems like they have a hard time finding things to say. Lots of silent moments. Especially Jacqueline.

Even though I don't care for Danielle and think she's gone off the deep end, I think this particular HW show will become a bit boring if they don't find some variety in the storylines. Right now it seems the Danielle feud is all there is.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3927137;
    Well if I was forced (as forced as one can be while getting paid to be a "star" on TV) to hang out/spend time with a person who helped kidnap someone and was busted on numerous other charges I would be gossiping too. But even without all that drama the ladies have plenty to bash Danielle now with the charity event drama and calling someone's son a f****t.
    I'm not talking about real life nor commenting on Danielle's past, present or future. My point was the same storyline constantly and personally, not my cup of tea to hate, hate, hate and watch others hate, hate and hate, and being mean.....now we have to watch a punk teenager doing the same thing -- and she treats her own mother like crap. It's just too depressing -- I guess RHONY got nasty and now this show is nastier. Just sayin'

CANUCK I couldn't agree with you more. Enough of the hate, hate stuff. Let's find another storyline. The women on RHONJ are beginning to make the women on RHONY look like sweet little kittens!

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;3927327;
    A sex tape? I'm not surprised. I think Danielle would do anything for 15 minutes of fame.
    Doesn't sound like the HWNJ will be around long, especially if Dina leaves.
    I vaguely recall reading a few months ago that Danielle won her court case where the ex was not allowed to distribute the sex tape. Perhaps it was TMZ. ???? So many people privately video themselves that it's hard to keep up with who's who.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;3927454;
    For some reason the RHONJ seems somewhat scripted to me. I don't feel that way so much about the RHONY. Maybe thier just not as good at acting. I don't know. It always seems like they have a hard time finding things to say. Lots of silent moments. Especially Jacqueline.

Even though I don't care for Danielle and think she's gone off the deep end, I think this particular HW show will become a bit boring if they don't find some variety in the storylines. Right now it seems the Danielle feud is all there is.
    ITA.
    They have totally shown their hand and I don't think they need to return for another season. Ashley can't seem to keep a straight face long enough to deliver her "lines" and after broker than broke Danielle "bought" Danny a suit, I was too through.

Oh yeah, it was comical how Danielle reacted to criticism exactly like Jacqueline told Kim she would. Too perfect...
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

Kim G deserves everything she gets. She apparently would do anything to be on the show...tried to get on through Caroline who shot her down...so who else? Crazy D of course. I can't imagine she is proud of this (so-called) friendship...and have to wonder how her 'real' friends and family feel about the show and her part in it.

She should be embarrassed to be seen in public after this.

The show won't be the same if Dina is the one to leave. I miss Lexie too. No matter what Danielle has to say....that kid always had a smile on her face.

Danielle's life is made up of excuses and lies.....and I don't know how she can even stand herself.

These thugs she is surrounding herself with...allowing them into the home she shares with her 2 minor children...and excusing their deplorable behavior says more about her...than them.

Other than possibly appearing on camera...why would anyone subject themselves to being around her? I'll never understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3925454;
    Ha! The way Teresa grew into hers? Unlikely.
    Every time I see Teresa I think of the Family Guy where Peter got a job as Uma Thurman's Eye Wrangler, you know, for when her already too far apart eyes started wandering even further away from each other.

So Kim G is on thin ice with Danielle because she's taking up for Chris, who has been her son's bf since they were 10 (?) ... you know, now she can't be trusted because she's obviously on the MANZO'S side. Danielle's whole justification reeked of junior high intellect. Paraphrased, 'he's not gay so calling him a F***** is okay.' WHAT?!?

Btw, if "classy" people like Kim G object to your felon friend, catch a CLUE.

Ashley needs to be taken to the principal's office (stepdad Chris or even Albert) and calmly told she's to stay out of the drama and far away from any contact with Danielle. She is not equipped to handle anything that woman throws at her. Also, for D to tell her that she needs to lose weight ... how totally juvenile is that for a 40+ woman to tell a teenaged girl. Legal age or not, D knew what Ashley's maturity level was and never should have gone down that path. How telling of one's character.

Gia's acting career ... not seeing any movie roles in her future. Teresa, every parent in that room was rolling their eyes at you. Chill.

How sad that Dina, of all people, intimidates you so bad that you have to fill the restaurant with goons. She came to talk adult to adult, but sadly you are not equipped for that meeting.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread