+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2902Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

wow at the 11 million in debt!!! She may have been totally in the dark like Lynne on the OC. Debt collectors could have been calling Joe's office or cell phone. Maybe Joe gave her cash to spend on all of those shopping trips because he knew all the store cards were maxed and did not want her to know.

I think that outside of NY, I can probably count on one hand the 'housewives' who really have as much as they have represented themselves to have.

Kandi on Atlanta
    Vickie on OC
    Maybe Lisa on Atlanta
    Alexis on OC. I get the impression they really areas loaded as all of the other housewives would like you to believe they are

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3925208;
    I don't know whether they filed under Chapter 7 or Chapter 11? I believe the latter would restructure their debt and the former would discharge at least some of it.

I understand that it's not hard to rack up a mountain of consumer debt when you live beyond your means. The Giudices had 4 properties, 3 of which they apparently treated like ATM machines. I do not understand how they were able to secure 3rd and 4th mortgages on them when, clearly, there was no real equity left - i.e., they owed far more on them than they were worth. And God knows how they could have found a mortgage lender for the McMansion.

I'm also at a loss to understand why Joe Giudice would have left himself and his family vulnerable, in terms of his business debts. Those debts comprise $5M of their declared debt, or about half! Something about this smells bad to me.
    Chapter 7. They report also $10,000 a month in 'assistance' from their overly generous families. And debts to consumer credit cards, people who built the stone temple, the fertility clinic, "all over town."

Makes Tess's statement that they need a bigger Cadillac kinda funny. What happened to the Maserati Quattroporte she used to ooze around in? It's not in the opening credits any more, is it?

I have to figure that they never really intended to pay their bills.

She's not denying it on twitter. Just stating that she and Juicy will be Just Juicily Fine. Which is true - no debtors' prison nowadays.

Irks me mightily that they can keep the stone temple, that truly vulgar palace next to the expressway, while giving up the littler houses for the creditors to try to get some pennies on their dollars for.

What would Vickie Gunvalson say?

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Starbucks880;3926153;]She had to have known and definitely would have known about her part of the debt. [QUOTE]

THAT'S why she has no nanny - she'd have to pay the nanny in real money, not plastic or whatever it is she can keep after the bankruptcy.

Now they all, the non-Danielle ladies, get very heated when somebody accuses them of being ... connected to various families, and I do understand that that is a slur that honest upright Italian-Americans are all too often on the recieving end of but...

Madonna Mia!!! They make $3.8K a month, plus $10K in assistance from 'da famblee' - they live in a huge mansion, they spend money like they were peeing dollars and pop babies out of Tess like she was a goomba gumball machine, and I'm supposed to believe that there's nothing shady going on here? They have as much shadiness as a drag queens' convention.

I'm just sayin'.

It could be that she's also so nasty about Danielle because she knew that Danielle will be all over this like white on rice when it came out. I mean if somebody had been as mean to me as Tess has been to DannyBev, I'd wipe the floor with her Chapter 7 rear end. I mean it'd take saintliness not to and that's not really DannyBev's strong point is it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3926291;
    THAT'S why she has no nanny - she'd have to pay the nanny in real money, not plastic or whatever it is she can keep after the bankruptcy.
    Whatever the reason is, I doubt that's it. I'm quite sure Juicy isn't out there doing the extensive landscape maintenance, nor is Teresa in a pair of old sweats cleaning, dusting, scrubbing toilets, and mopping that gigantic house every day. How would she have time to shop? The people who perform those services generally are paid in cash, too, just as a nanny would.

FORT Fogey

When we (my family) don't have money to pay for things, we do without them. Why is this such a hard concept?

Is it chapter 7 or 13? Chapter 7 gets rid of it all, they would have to make payments through a trustee with chapter 13.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3926377;
    When we (my family) don't have money to pay for things, we do without them. Why is this such a hard concept?
    Where's your God giving right to the sense of entitlement? Don't you know if you ever had to do without *or* if you never had to do without, (I've seen it argued both ways for our dear Teresa) you shouldn't have to live like a peon in other people's yucky homes, while driving around in a six year old insured midsized sedan and wearing something off of last year's clearance rack from Kohl's. Get with the program...lol

------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by eveann38;3926380;
    Is it chapter 7 or 13? Chapter 7 gets rid of it all, they would have to make payments through a trustee with chapter 13.

Giudice Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Petition
    Last edited by Kiz; 06-07-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3926277;
    Irks me mightily that they can keep the stone temple, that truly vulgar palace next to the expressway, while giving up the littler houses for the creditors to try to get some pennies on their dollars for.
    From the bank's POV, who would want that hideous marble and onyx excuse for a "French chateau?" They have zero equity in it so there won't be a stampede of creditors' attorneys demanding its sale. If they do get to keep it, it won't be for long. They cannot afford to furnish, maintain, or pay for it reliably.

Perhaps it will sink into the earth of its own weight and become a subterranean tourist attraction. They can charge admission for tours
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3926405;

Perhaps it will sink into the earth of its own weight and become a subterranean tourist attraction. They can charge admission for tours
    The Great New Jersey Sinkhole.

And, no, I don't mean Danielle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3926392;
    Yikes, looking at all those documents, that is really disturbing that they got themselves into such a financial mess ... . I would NEVER be able to sleep at night if that was me ...

When did Bravo film Season 2? These papers; if I am reading them right, were filed in October 2009.

Guiseppe ... oh my.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread