+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3925615;
    Agreed. When I was nine, I had glasses, braces, and a cast. Pimples arrived before my knowledge of concealer or Neutrogena, and I hadn't yet mastered the straightening iron. Fortunately, all of that has improved.
    Aren't we lucky to live in the time of great flat irons? I have extras just incase one dies!

FORT Fogey

....Comments about the children are best left unsaid.
    vs.

Ha! The way Teresa grew into hers? Unlikely.

... I wouldn't say a word about her kids if she didn't sell them for my viewing pleasure, or displeasure, whatever the case may be. She don't put them on the show, I keep my trap off them. She puts them on the show and tries to cover their unattractiveness with pink doilies, I've got to say my piece. Maybe if they seemed like nice little girls, but they don't even seem nice.
    Wow. I'm completely torn. I totally agree that negative comments about children are best left unsaid.

Afterall, it's the parents who make kids what they are, and one person's "cute" is another person's "fugly". And, it might even be said that smack talking little children reflects the same kind of lack of self-restraint and manners that is resented in the kids.

Still, the line about pink doilies is hysterical!

###

The tri-state area psychiatric profession is going to have a field day when the kids of the RHNY and RHNJ and PA's Gosselin brood come of age. Maybe they could work up a group discount.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-07-2010 at 03:08 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3925804;
    Yes!!!!!!! The fact that Teresa put them on the show is exactly the reason why we should be "allowed" to have our opinions of them! This is the reason that other women on these shows have kept their kids off. There is (probably) nothing wrong with us catching a glimpse of her little kids, running around, once in awhile but the show features these kids!
    I'm guessing that at least part of the reason Teresa wanted her girls featured on the show is her hope that it would further a modeling career for at least one of them. Maybe she and Juicy figure why not do whatever they can to help generate more cash. Perhaps she and Danielle have a little something in common as far as that goes. I like that Dina takes the high road and doesn't even show her daughter anymore.

FORT Fogey

I could be a lot meaner, and because they are children, I am not. But, the plain and simple truth is, she puts them up for consumption. Hopefully, she does not sit them down in front of the computer and logs onto this website and says, "Read, children, read." Most kids have an awkward stage, true. But most kids don't have Teresa and Lumpy for parents. These kids are as cute as they are ever going to be. It's all downhill from here. Two of the four get a pass, one because she's just a little baby and is cute by default. The other two? Lordy.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3925221;
    I wonder how much Teresa knew of the finances, especially the ones about Joe's business? In today's world, women are just as responsible for the family finances as men, but still, some women don't take that initiative.
    They filed a Chapter 7 petition is US District Court on 10/28/09. The bank moved to foreclose on their main residence in 12/09.

(Case number is 09-39032-MS; 62-page petition can be viewed at 118124221649)

I don't see how she could not have known trouble was brewing, unless she never looks at her mail and didn't notice her credit cards were cancelled? But then, maybe that is why she pays cash
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kiz

I can just see her now, sitting in front of their lawyers, signing the bankruptcy docs, saying to Juicy Joe in full Dezi/Lucy mode...."Juicy, you've got some 'splaning to do."

She does come across as pretty ignorant to their financial affairs, but who knows, she might be the brains of the organization...lol However, there's no way she didn't have an inkling of their dire financial straights sometime prior to the filing of those docs. I've heard horror stories of people being relentlessly pursued by telephone and mail for late payments. I would think she had to know, at the very least, that her department store credit cards payments weren't up to date.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Wow, just jumping on now .. behind in my message board reading ...

So Teresa and Juicy are in debt ... that sure is a CRAP load of money they owe!

And why are they owing money to a fertility clinic ... ? Would that suggest that Teresa or Juicy had some issues conceiving ... ? Hmmm, I just assumed she had no problems in that area ... or we may have heard about it on the show like Jacqueline ... ?

Ya, well with debt like that; the girls are going to have to settle for regular at home parties with a handful of friends ... no more frilly parties with QUADS being delivered ... !!!!

IMHO, Teresa and Juicy are just very show-ie people ... and for them it was a must to pull out a credit card and charge, charge, charge no matter what the cost.

It will be a shock to Teresa's system if she has to move out of her mansion and into a house that someone else has already lived in ...
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3926048;
    I can just see her now, sitting in front of their lawyers, signing the bankruptcy docs, saying to Juicy Joe in full Dezi/Lucy mode...."Juicy, you've got some 'splaning to do."

She does come across as pretty ignorant to their financial affairs, but who knows, she might be the brains of the organization...lol However, there's no way she didn't have an inkling of their dire financial straights sometime prior to the filing of those docs. I've heard horror stories of people being relentlessly pursued by telephone and mail for late payments. I would think she had to know, at the very least, that her department store credit cards payments weren't up to date.
    She had to have known and definitely would have known about her part of the debt. Those debt collectors get very nasty. When I got my new phone number in the house i currently live in, I had the misfortune of getting the number of someone who was being pursued by debt collectors and of course they called my house about a hundred times a day it seemed and the messages they left were awful. This went on despite the many times I told them I didn't know that person and that I just got this number. They actually accused me of knowing him and lying about it and threatened me with jail and all sorts of stuff. So Theresa would have gotten that if she had ever opened mail or answered the phone. I just cannot fathom someone being that ignorant about financial affairs. Who knows, maybe she isn't as stupid as she seems, maybe she is crazy like a fox. I can't remember, where did the Juicy nickname come from, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3925930;
    I could be a lot meaner, and because they are children, I am not. But, the plain and simple truth is, she puts them up for consumption. Hopefully, she does not sit them down in front of the computer and logs onto this website and says, "Read, children, read." Most kids have an awkward stage, true. But most kids don't have Teresa and Lumpy for parents. These kids are as cute as they are ever going to be. It's all downhill from here. Two of the four get a pass, one because she's just a little baby and is cute by default. The other two? Lordy.
    Sadly you are right. I still hold on to hope that maybe, just maybe they hit the genetic lottery in at least a couple. I just would like to think there is more than their parents to look forward to. OK I am going to hide now.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3926153;
    She had to have known and definitely would have known about her part of the debt. Those debt collectors get very nasty. When I got my new phone number in the house i currently live in, I had the misfortune of getting the number of someone who was being pursued by debt collectors and of course they called my house about a hundred times a day it seemed and the messages they left were awful. This went on despite the many times I told them I didn't know that person and that I just got this number. They actually accused me of knowing him and lying about it and threatened me with jail and all sorts of stuff. So Theresa would have gotten that if she had ever opened mail or answered the phone. I just cannot fathom someone being that ignorant about financial affairs. Who knows, maybe she isn't as stupid as she seems, maybe she is crazy like a fox. I can't remember, where did the Juicy nickname come from, lol?
    Geesh, what a pain that must have been for you. Our closest brush with debt collection happened when we were on vacation, and we came home with a big yellow paper stuck to our front door saying my husband was being sued for delinquent payments on restaurant furniture equipment and that he was being summons to appear in court...problem was, they had the wrong "John Smith", and my certainly didn't own a restaurant. We weren't very happy to say the least, thinking of the people who might have seen it while over the time we were out of town. The up side was it turned out to be an easy fix.

RE: Juicy Joe...that's Teresa's pet name for him. I think she looks sort of like this......when she calls him that.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread