+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I wonder how much Teresa knew of the finances, especially the ones about Joe's business? In today's world, women are just as responsible for the family finances as men, but still, some women don't take that initiative.

FORT Fogey

I just read back through the past few days (finals are SUCH a bummer!!) and wanted to add some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3922897;
    Actually, you DO have to be a psychiatrist or psychologist to make this determination. There are VOLUMES written about arriving at this diagnosis. No professional in her/her right mind would make this call from watching a reality TV show, lol. Not to beat a dead horse here, but find another label! There must be a thousand derogatory labels you can paste on her without making a psychiatric diagnosis
    You can say "I believe she seems like a sociopath to me" without making a diagnosis. It's just a reality tv show forum. It's not as if anyone's going to read it here and take it as gospel. No one's putting it in a newspaper as fact, and no one is even trying to "diagnose" her. It's the same as when AngloAm says that he thinks Juicy Joe is gay, or when people make mob connections with the Manzo's. It's just speculation, which is what we're here for.

Watching the show, it's clear TO ME that something is wrong with her. From watching the show, it SEEMS she MIGHT be a sociopath, IF she's being portrayed accurately. If I were to ever meet her in real life, obviously my opinion could/would change.

Also, I wonder why you don't think Dina's an actual housewife? She's married, has a kid, and has given up her career so as not to miss Lexi's life.... that sounds like a housewife to me.

I, too, was surprised at the casual dress of the charity. I guess after watching RHONY I equate charity events with glitz and glamour, but it seemed nicer this way almost. Definitely more centered around what they were trying to achieve. Best wishes to the family.

Regarding Teresa's kids: Gia is 9, correct? So she could just be in an awkward stage. I also was slightly uncomfortable reading such negativity about such young children. Maybe if you put your kids out there they are subject to the same criticisms as you, but is that really fair?? I mean, they didn't choose to be on the show, their parents did. Regardless, I think Teresa's kids are too young for that to apply anyway.

Also, I had a thought about the gun safe in Jaqueline's house. In a way, isn't almost a good thing that only Chris has the combination, and no one knows they are there?? It significantly reduces the risk of them being used to hurt someone accidentally. There's no way little CJ could get a hold of them or anything. Although I will agree that it's very bizarre, the amount and power of the weapons he has in there.
    Last edited by tears.and.rain; 06-06-2010 at 03:50 PM.

FORT Fogey

Am I supposed to lie and say her kids are cute? They are not. Well, one of them is okay, and the baby...it's too soon to tell. But, she puts them up there like beauty queens and the plain and simple truth is that they look like her and are not pretty. Blue eyes does not a beauty make.

FORT Fogey

You don't have to say anything about them, actually. Plus, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the younger two are cute, the baby is a baby, and Gia will grow into her face eventually.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3925335;
    Am I supposed to lie and say her kids are cute? They are not. Well, one of them is okay, and the baby...it's too soon to tell. But, she puts them up there like beauty queens and the plain and simple truth is that they look like her and are not pretty. Blue eyes does not a beauty make.
    You don't have to say anything, but I'm glad you do. You and Anglo Am are my favorite reads. Call it like you see it!

That being said, I find it charming -- really -- that so many people here feel a sense of propriety and protection to the children on the show. You guys are much more protective of their well-being than their parents are! I really enjoy reading all the posts, there's not a lot of bitchiness among contributors here. (This is my way of saying thanks for the entertainment).
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 06-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3925361;
    You don't have to say anything about them, actually. Plus, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the younger two are cute, the baby is a baby, and Gia will grow into her face eventually.
    Ha! The way Teresa grew into hers? Unlikely.

Bredincaptivity, I wouldn't say a word about her kids if she didn't sell them for my viewing pleasure, or displeasure, whatever the case may be. She don't put them on the show, I keep my trap off them. She puts them on the show and tries to cover their unattractiveness with pink doilies, I've got to say my piece. Maybe if they seemed like nice little girls, but they don't even seem nice.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 06-06-2010 at 08:11 PM.

FORT Fogey

So you're being cruel about these little girls because of their mother's decision?? They aren't even really old enough to have any concept of how they come off. This is why I don't think it's ever fair to put young children on TV like this. They have no defense, and while I personally don't feel it's right to judge children, or say mean things about them, that's just me personally.

I mean, wouldn't it be better to judge Teresa for how she's raising them? With an unrealistic view of themselves and in the light of a camera?

Wow...I never realized that we were all so adorable and cute at 9 years old. I have some school pictures from back then that should never see the light of day.

I also find it interesting that those making the mean comments....never post their own pictures or those of their obviously 'too cute for tv' children.

Comments about the children are best left unsaid.

FORT Fogey

Agreed. When I was nine, I had glasses, braces, and a cast. Pimples arrived before my knowledge of concealer or Neutrogena, and I hadn't yet mastered the straightening iron. Fortunately, all of that has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3925454;
    Ha! The way Teresa grew into hers? Unlikely.

Bredincaptivity, I wouldn't say a word about her kids if she didn't sell them for my viewing pleasure, or displeasure, whatever the case may be. She don't put them on the show, I keep my trap off them. She puts them on the show and tries to cover their unattractiveness with pink doilies, I've got to say my piece. Maybe if they seemed like nice little girls, but they don't even seem nice.
    Yes!!!!!!! The fact that Teresa put them on the show is exactly the reason why we should be "allowed" to have our opinions of them! This is the reason that other women on these shows have kept their kids off. There is (probably) nothing wrong with us catching a glimpse of her little kids, running around, once in awhile but the show features these kids! I did get a laugh out of the "pink doily" comment. I have to agree that she does do that but doesn't everyone? We all add whatever "pink doilies" we need to look better!

+ Reply to Thread