+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Thank you Reality. That non-diagnosis helps. She's obviously a sociopath. Lawyers -- especially those who feel the need to identify themselves as such -- often make this mistake of thinking they own the language. They don't.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 06-04-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3921822;
    Norealityhere: I posted the comment about the donations because someone thought it was strange that the Ridge Runners hosted a charity event.
    Speaking of "strange," did anyone catch Danielle's friend Danny (Danny Provenzano) on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show this week. Unbelievable!!!! First of all, the guy was so pleased with himself as he was describing smashing someone's knuckles with a hammer, and other random acts of violence --- while sitting next to Kathy Griffin and some 3 or 4 year old child!!!!! I was disgusted with Danny being so proud of his violence, but more importantly, I cannot believe the network did not remove that little child!!!! Here's the YouTube link to the episode: YouTube - JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE w/ DANNY PROVENZANO
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-04-2010 at 06:29 AM.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3923161;
    Thank you Reality. That non-diagnosis helps. She's obviously a sociopath. Lawyers -- especially those who feel the need to identify themselves as such -- often make this mistake of thinking they own the language. They don't.
    Huh???? Why would you make a derogatory comment about lawyers in the context of medical diagnosing????? What do lawyers have to do with medical diagnosing? I'm one of those lawyers you referred to, who identified myself --- and I don't think anyone thinks they own the language - most especially regarding a field that has nothing to do with their own. (But just to let you know, Bredincaptivity, in addition to being a lawyer, I was also an RN for many years and am very familiar with sociopaths. I agree with you that Danielle is a sociopath!)
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-04-2010 at 06:48 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3923030;
    People love it when she's conceited because she's a bow-wow. If she were beautiful and said that stuff, people would hate her.

"...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3923222;
    Speaking of "strange," did anyone catch Danielle's friend Danny (Danny Provenzano) on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show this week. Unbelievable!!!! First of all, the guy was so pleased with himself as he was describing smashing someone's knuckles with a hammer, and other random acts of violence --- while sitting next to Kathy Griffin and some 3 or 4 year old child!!!!! I was disgusted with Danny being so proud of his violence, but more importantly, I cannot believe the network did not remove that little child!!!! Here's the YouTube link to the episode: YouTube - JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE w/ DANNY PROVENZANO
    Not sure if you saw a re-run, but that episode is from a few years ago. Nonetheless, it was uncomfortable that the child remained on the couch during his interview. :nono

I'm so disappointed in this show this season. They should have just called it "Theresa and the Manzo's VS. Danielle".

FORT Newbie

Has Kim G. released any statement about the events at the Brownstone? The look on her face when Danny was continually dropping the F bomb ws priceless. If there was a hole she could have crawled into I think she would have folded herself in half to get into it.

FORT Fogey

I thought you were going to ask if Kim G had released any songs.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3923373;
    I thought you were going to ask if Kim G had released any songs.
    Thanks alot!!! You just made me choke on my coffee & pee my pants.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3923223;
    Huh???? Why would you make a derogatory comment about lawyers in the context of medical diagnosing????? What do lawyers have to do with medical diagnosing? I'm one of those lawyers you referred to, who identified myself --- and I don't think anyone thinks they own the language - most especially regarding a field that has nothing to do with their own. (But just to let you know, Bredincaptivity, in addition to being a lawyer, I was also an RN for many years and am very familiar with sociopaths. I agree with you that Danielle is a sociopath!)
    Well, lawyers (yes, I am one too, for twenty-five years) often fall back on their status as word-warriors to arbitrate English usage for laypeople. It's a pernicious kind of one-upsmanship in my opinion. Saying someone is a sociopath does not make them one, unless you are in fact a medical doctor (not a nurse) making a medical diagnosis. But that does not make the observation of their behavior any less valid; it's just an opinion. I guess some would be more comfortable with "she exhibits behavior commonly associated with that of a sociopath," but people don't talk like that. Correcting others who use shortcuts to say basically the same thing is one of the things that gives our profession a bad name. You don't see self-identified medical doctors protesting the use of a medical term here on a reality-tv forum, only self-identified lawyers. As a lawyer myself, I find it a bit embarrassing. We're here to have fun (in a schadenfreude sort of way), not to be the language police.

+ Reply to Thread