+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2850Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3922897;
    Actually, you DO have to be a psychiatrist or psychologist to make this determination. There are VOLUMES written about arriving at this diagnosis. No professional in her/her right mind would make this call from watching a reality TV show, lol. Not to beat a dead horse here, but find another label! There must be a thousand derogatory labels you can paste on her without making a psychiatric diagnosis
    not to continue to beat a dead horse but the term "sociopath" is NOT an official DSM diagnosis- it used to be, but now the official diagnosis to describe sociopathic behavior is "Antisocial Personality Disorder".

p.s. medical professional here, very familiar with DSM (the widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders). Sociopath isn't an official psychiatric diagnosis.

p.p.s. In my opinion, Danielle is a sociopath, a person with no regard for needs other than her own!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3922785;
    I vote for sociopath. She's not that good an actress.
    I've settled for wackadoo!

I still say Kelly and Danielle ought to have a show about being roommates.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Just finished the latest episode..... there is something definitely wrong with Danielle

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3922912;
    not to continue to beat a dead horse but the term "sociopath" is NOT an official DSM diagnosis- it used to be, but now the official diagnosis to describe sociopathic behavior is "Antisocial Personality Disorder".

p.s. medical professional here, very familiar with DSM (the widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders). Sociopath isn't an official psychiatric diagnosis.

p.p.s. In my opinion, Danielle is a sociopath, a person with no regard for needs other than her own!
    Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD or APD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual as "...a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood."

The individual must be age 18 or older, as well as have a documented history of a conduct disorder before the age of 15. People having antisocial personality disorder are sometimes referred to as "sociopaths" and "psychopaths."

I doubt you know what Danielle was like at age 15, unless you are a psychic as well as a "medical professional." I guess my point is that no one can diagnose people based on observations they derive from a reality TV show.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 06-03-2010 at 10:09 PM.

I loved it when the tattoo guy asked Juicy Joe if Audriana had one n or two. You could tell by the blank look on his face that Joe had no clue, but then Theresa piped in and said, "one".

Mods: Are we allowed to comment on the previews they have on the Bravo site???
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy;3923002;
    I loved it when the tattoo guy asked Juicy Joe if Audriana had one n or two. You could tell by the blank look on his face that Joe had no clue, but then Theresa piped in and said, "one".
    Hahaha! I loved this, too. I also loved what she said when the technician asked her if she had any tats: "Would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?" (Paraphrasing, I don't recall her exact words.. but you have to love that kind of self-esteem!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3923024;
    Hahaha! I loved this, too. I also loved what she said when the technician asked her if she had any tats: "Would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?" (Paraphrasing, I don't recall her exact words.. but you have to love that kind of self-esteem!)
    People love it when she's conceited because she's a bow-wow. If she were beautiful and said that stuff, people would hate her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3922897;
    Actually, you DO have to be a psychiatrist or psychologist to make this determination. There are VOLUMES written about arriving at this diagnosis. No professional in her/her right mind would make this call from watching a reality TV show, lol. Not to beat a dead horse here, but find another label! There must be a thousand derogatory labels you can paste on her without making a psychiatric diagnosis
    Sorry, as the daughter of a sociopath for 53 years, I DO feel qualified to make the call. Danielle is a sociopath, or else she does a fantastic job of playing one on TV. Plus, hate to point this out, but put it in context .... this is a board where people give their opinions about TV shows and the characters thereon, whether actors or supposedly "real" people. We label people all the time based on our perceptions and opinions. It's not wrong or right, just part of the way it goes here. Most posters realize we're not making a technical or formal medical/psychiatric diagnosis, just expressing an opinion. I don't feel like finding another label, thanks. Sociopath seems just right to me.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 06-04-2010 at 12:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread