+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2660Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3918608;
    IBy the way, "sociopath" is a term you should not use lightly. It's a term of art, and the label basically means you have no conscience: not one you pin on someone in a REALITY TV SHOW.
    ...I believe "sociopath" defines Danielle perfectly because she has no conscience and has demonstrated that throughout the show. For example, she knew that if her ex-con bodygaurd felt slighted that he would freak out. She had no conscience about whether or not he snapped and violated his parole...in fact I think she would have liked him to snap so that it would disrupt the dynamic at the Brownstone. She didn't care that he would go back to prison. She has no conscience and I am convinced that she is a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3921822;
    Norealityhere: I posted the comment about the donations because someone thought it was strange that the Ridge Runners hosted a charity event.
    OK. Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasue1;3922099;
    Two thoughts:

Regarding Teresa's kids, I feel like if you put them out there they are open to jokes etc like the rest of the cast of the show.

And the funniest moment to me of the fundraiser epi was Danielle expressing her faux concern to the family and offering anything she can do to help. What, exactly would that be from someone with nothing? No money or resources to help herself let alone a family she barely knows. She is an embarrassment, and is trash just like the people she associates with.
    I agree! Each housewife, on every show, has her own agenda with how the show will benefit them. If they are hoping that the show may sell a book, jewelry or push their child into show biz (and they allow them to be filmed) then they can't be upset with any criticism. This seems to be Teresa's deal. Hey, she loves her girls and thinks that they're special (don't most mom's?)!
    I kinda like Gia but, yes, she's a little on the obnoxious side. Maybe it's not so bad when the cameras aren't around. As far as her looks go, not everyone is a Brooke Shields! She (darn her) never had an awkward stage! How many of us can say that? She was a beautiful baby, toddler, kid. preteen, teen and adult! She looks good with or without make up and not many women fall into that category. I happen to think that Teresa is very attractive. She cares about how she looks! She takes care of her figure, does the hair and makeup and enjoys being a little sex kitten even after having 4 kids!!!!! Sometimes it's not about how perfect a face you were born with but how you "pull off" your own personal style and that you don't give it up once you've gotten a little older and had a few babies! Sure it helps if you've got a bunch of money, and the time, to do it but there are still a lot of women who loose it once they're married with children (men too). They get that androgynous look! Short, soccer mom haircuts! Mom jeans! Put on the weight (me too)! 4 kids and Teresa looks great! So she has fun with her little girls.....so what?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clsriley;3922434;
    ...I believe "sociopath" defines Danielle perfectly because she has no conscience and has demonstrated that throughout the show. For example, she knew that if her ex-con bodygaurd felt slighted that he would freak out. She had no conscience about whether or not he snapped and violated his parole...in fact I think she would have liked him to snap so that it would disrupt the dynamic at the Brownstone. She didn't care that he would go back to prison. She has no conscience and I am convinced that she is a sociopath.
    Unless you are a psychiatrist or psychologist who has interviewed with her in person, at length, you cannot diagnose her. Period. She's a scripted villain on a reality TV show, for godsake. In real life, all we can say about her is that her newly published "memoir" seems to be less than honest. A number of charges were made against her in 1986 and she pleaded guilty to one (extortion) in exchange for her testimony against her co-defendants. She served 5 years probation. She paid her debt.

Danielle did not write the script, and Bravo hired her "helpers." No matter what she did 20 years ago, she is raising 2 beautiful, mannerly, well behaved honor students. She must be doing *something* right.Her kids appear to be the most "normal" ones on that wacky show. Sorry if this sounds a wee bit terse, but labels bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3922761;
    Unless you are a psychiatrist or psychologist who has interviewed with her in person, at length, you cannot diagnose her. Period. She's a scripted villain on a reality TV show, for godsake. In real life, all we can say about her is that her newly published "memoir" seems to be less than honest. A number of charges were made against her in 1986 and she pleaded guilty to one (extortion) in exchange for her testimony against her co-defendants. She served 5 years probation. She paid her debt.

Danielle did not write the script, and Bravo hired her "helpers." No matter what she did 20 years ago, she is raising 2 beautiful, mannerly, well behaved honor students. She must be doing *something* right.Her kids appear to be the most "normal" ones on that wacky show. Sorry if this sounds a wee bit terse, but labels bother me.
    No offense but I think this particular label fits her perfectly. For the sake of her kids, I hope I'm wrong!

FORT Fogey

I vote for sociopath. She's not that good an actress.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3922770;
    No offense but I think this particular label fits her perfectly. For the sake of her kids, I hope I'm wrong!
    Add me to the list of those who agree. You don't have to be a psychiatrist or psychologist to see that she fits the definition to a tee, and anyone with a modicum of intelligence can read the definition of a sociopath and see that Danielle could be the "poster child" for that particular mental disorder. The show may be scripted, but Danielle is not an actress, certainly not an accomplished one in any case, and the way she thinks, behaves, and speaks is indicative of who she is. Those girls SEEM to be doing well in spite of her, not because of her, plus we don't know very much about them or how they function in relation to their peers or anyone else, or what their true emotional state is. No kids should have to take care of their mother emotionally and listen and respond to her lunatic rantings and ravings as those girls have to do. There's no way they aren't scarred from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3921610;
    Thanks for explaining your idea, Snow Bunny - I do get your point. I only watch RHoNJ and Top Chef. Jeez, I hope Top Chef isn't "premeditated." Our only viable recourse is to change the channel.

RHoNJ reminds me very much of a cartoon series. I LOVE cartoons In that light vein, I'd speculate that if it WERE a cartoon: Dina would be a duck; Caroline would be one of those anxious, yappy, agrgressive purse dogs, Jackie would be a bunny rabbit; Danielle would be.... umm.... a fish? a snake? a frog? (help me with this one). Teresa, who looks a little simian in real life, couldn't be a monkey... she'd have to be Medusa.... or a cartoon version of the Wolf Man in drag.
    We all know The Countess is the snake. I see Danielle as a crocodile complete with fake smile & tears.

I don't see Danielle as a sociopath however I do think she has some MAJOR issues here. IMHO anyone who signs up to appear on a reality TV show are a bit, I guess I would say, disturbed. It is one thing to put youself out there in front of millions of viewers who disect your every thought & emotion it is entirely a whole different matter when you subject your minor children to the same scrutiny. I just sayin.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 06-03-2010 at 07:44 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3922633;
    I agree! Each housewife, on every show, has her own agenda with how the show will benefit them. If they are hoping that the show may sell a book, jewelry or push their child into show biz (and they allow them to be filmed) then they can't be upset with any criticism. This seems to be Teresa's deal. Hey, she loves her girls and thinks that they're special (don't most mom's?)!
    I kinda like Gia but, yes, she's a little on the obnoxious side. Maybe it's not so bad when the cameras aren't around. As far as her looks go, not everyone is a Brooke Shields! She (darn her) never had an awkward stage! How many of us can say that? She was a beautiful baby, toddler, kid. preteen, teen and adult! She looks good with or without make up and not many women fall into that category. I happen to think that Teresa is very attractive. She cares about how she looks! She takes care of her figure, does the hair and makeup and enjoys being a little sex kitten even after having 4 kids!!!!! Sometimes it's not about how perfect a face you were born with but how you "pull off" your own personal style and that you don't give it up once you've gotten a little older and had a few babies! Sure it helps if you've got a bunch of money, and the time, to do it but there are still a lot of women who loose it once they're married with children (men too). They get that androgynous look! Short, soccer mom haircuts! Mom jeans! Put on the weight (me too)! 4 kids and Teresa looks great! So she has fun with her little girls.....so what?
    Thank you for your thoughts on Teresa and her girls. I just love watching their interactions. I really get uncomfortable reading all the negative comments about her girls. Those kids are just being kids. They are spoiled which probably makes them a little annoying to some but it really doesn't bother me. I also think that Teresa is pretty and really takes pride in the way she looks. Any mother who can get up enough energy to fix themselves up after just giving birth is all right with me because I think I might have scared a few of the doctors/nurses after I gave birth to my two.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3922798;
    Add me to the list of those who agree. You don't have to be a psychiatrist or psychologist to see that she fits the definition to a tee, and anyone with a modicum of intelligence can read the definition of a sociopath and see that Danielle could be the "poster child"
    Actually, you DO have to be a psychiatrist or psychologist to make this determination. There are VOLUMES written about arriving at this diagnosis. No professional in her/her right mind would make this call from watching a reality TV show, lol. Not to beat a dead horse here, but find another label! There must be a thousand derogatory labels you can paste on her without making a psychiatric diagnosis

+ Reply to Thread