+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3921786;
    I guess if it's true that Kiim G will be joining they gave Danielle a friend/ally.
    That may not be true. In reponse to someone asking if she thought Kim G would be a good addition to the show.

no and in time you will c why xxoo
    7:00 AM Jun 1st via Twitter for iPhone in reply
    Looks like we haven't seen the last of her.

I'm new here (posting) but have been reading here for a long time.
    Re Dina: She's like an entirely new character this season. I remember somewhere she spoke of a book that she read (between seasons?) that profoundly helped her in her personal life. This could refer to the climatic ending of last season, the anger and bitterness, etc or if, as suggested, her husband and her separation. But she is quite different. I really doubt she will continue on this show, which will disappoint me because I like her and think she looks even more beautiful every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3921822;
    Norealityhere: I posted the comment about the donations because someone thought it was strange that the Ridge Runners hosted a charity event.
    I think you are referring to my comment about it being an odd charity to host an event for a little girl with cancer. I think you read more to that statement than I meant. I was not disparaging the Ridge Runners in any way; they did a great thing by helping out this family and that's really all that matters. Saying that, when I think of little girls guns and hunting do not come to mind so in that sense it was a little odd to me.

Kiz

Being married to a hunter, I don't find it the least bit odd that the Ridge Runners would host a charity event for a very ill little girl. Hobbes, I understand you weren't making a disparaging remark about the group, I'm just explaining why it makes very good sense to me.

The hunters I know are very family oriented with traditional values of helping one's neighbor. It could be that there's a friendship between one of the members and the little girl's family, one of the little girl's family is a member of the club, or they were made aware of the family's situation and decided to help them out of the goodness of their hearts. I imagine they were deeply moved by the needs of the family and were happy to help in the way that could, and that was by hosting a charity benefit on the family's behalf. Since they were able to give away a jack pot prize of $15,000, they must have raised a substantial amount of money.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3922041;
    Being married to a hunter, I don't find it the least bit odd that the Ridge Runners would host a charity event for a very ill little girl. Hobbes, I understand you weren't making a disparaging remark about the group, I'm just explaining why it makes very good sense to me.

The hunters I know are very family oriented with traditional values of helping one's neighbor. It could be that there's a friendship between one of the members and the little girl's family, one of the little girl's family is a member of the club, or they were made aware of the family's situation and decided to help them out of the goodness of their hearts. I imagine they were deeply moved by the needs of the family and were happy to help in the way that could, and that was by hosting a charity benefit on the family's behalf. Since they were able to give away a jack pot prize of $15,000, they must have raised a substantial amount of money.
    I agree with all of this. It just struck me as odd when I first saw what they were raffling off....but then I didn't think twice about it.

I live in an area where probably 75% of men (including my husband) are hunters so I wasn't trying to put down hunters in anyway. If I'm completely honest, I was more surprised by the casual attire than I was the guns. I just kind of equate charities with formal attire, and I realize that is not always the case, but a casually dressed attire is probably more fun than a formal one.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 06-03-2010 at 10:08 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Regarding Dina, was it this season or last when she was looking for a new home with Caroline? What was that about, someone moving on?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Newbie

Two thoughts:

Regarding Teresa's kids, I feel like if you put them out there they are open to jokes etc like the rest of the cast of the show.

And the funniest moment to me of the fundraiser epi was Danielle expressing her faux concern to the family and offering anything she can do to help. What, exactly would that be from someone with nothing? No money or resources to help herself let alone a family she barely knows. She is an embarrassment, and is trash just like the people she associates with.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasue1;3922099;
    Two thoughts:

Regarding Teresa's kids, I feel like if you put them out there they are open to jokes etc like the rest of the cast of the show.

And the funniest moment to me of the fundraiser epi was Danielle expressing her faux concern to the family and offering anything she can do to help. What, exactly would that be from someone with nothing? No money or resources to help herself let alone a family she barely knows. She is an embarrassment, and is trash just like the people she associates with.
    I agree in regards to putting kids out there if they are old enough to fully understand that people can/will be mean but to just let it go. I don't think Teresa's kids are old enough for that.

I agree with your points of Danielle. The problem was, in her crazy little mind, she was the guest of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3921553;
    (And I say that with affection, being a former Jersey girl myself.)

No such thing as a former Jersey Girl! I speak from experience...

It's bizarre to see this classy place where my family has held some important life event celebrations within the context of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3922125;
    I agree with your points of Danielle. The problem was, in her crazy little mind, she was the guest of honor.
    Guest of horror is more like it. I thought it was hilarious that they showed up so dressy as if it were a black tie fundraiser. That Kim G is a little troublemaker.

+ Reply to Thread