+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2851Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3921108;
    I think we are in agreement -- about the difference between what is morally reprehensible and what is legally permissible. I think that's all tears and rain was trying to convey in the discussion about what to expect from an 18 as opposed to 40 year old.

This issue came up last year when Snookie got clobbered at a bar on Jersey Shore, and MTV decided at first to show the hit. Only after people complained (they even used it as a teaser if I recall), the network relented and cut the footage. This of course caused more outrage and the clip remained available online. Buzz = ratings. The batterer ended up in jail; MTV ended up with a hit show (sorry for the pun).
    You could say that Ashley was more in the wrong because she quarrelled and disagreed with somebody older than her. Me, I say, if you're old enough to leave your mum and shack up with some guy, you're old enough to face the consequences of your actions. Better she learn this now with such a minor thing, than when she's looking down on somebody she just shot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3921242;
    It involved Danielle so, of course, they expected conflict because she causes conflict. Look at what she did at the luncheon that was for her daughter (huge eye roll to that), she purposely put two chairs out to make it look like Dina and Jacqueline decided at the last minute not to show up even though she knew before making the reservations they would not attend. Then she points out the two empty chairs in another attempt to make it look like they just didn't show up.

I do believe that the other ladies would avoid her if they were in the same room with her at this type of event (although I think Teresa would have a hard time composing herself) because they would understand that an event like the one for the little girl was not an appropriate place to cause conflict. I don't believe Danielle would let them avoid her. I think she would go out of her way to make it known that she was in 'their house' instead of just ignoring them.

Also, I do agree that they should not have allowed Bravo to bring cameras to that event particularly when the event holder said he didn't want them there. He even said he agreed to only one camera following Danielle around but that didn't happen. Saying that, whenever they show Albert it's when he's in his office away from the event. From what I remember, whenever you see Chris it's when he's in the lobby/vestibule area (away from the event), in his dad's office (away from the event), or when he's outside valeting (away from the event). The only time you are in the heart of the even is when we are seeing footage of Danielle. If Danielle had any class she would have respected the family of the sick girl and agreed to NOT have the cameras follow her in but her narcissistic tendencies got in her way of actual reality ( I do think that Bravo has some say in what they film but I also think they would have to respect all parties involved especially ones that don't involve the show...I can just imagine Danielle saying 'No why would it be a big deal if the cameras were there, I'm going for the little girl, I want to bring awareness to this cancer not to cause conflict!!'). Not only did she do this because she (once again) had to cause conflict while there AND used the girls sickness as leverage to right her wrong doing ('I'm here for this little girl' crap)

IMO, the other ladies are no where near as horrible human beings as Danielle...though, I begrudgingly admit that the show would be WAY boring without her.
    I swear I thought Danny Provenzano nearly said "who?" when Danielle mentioned the sick little girl. I do think though that this event wasn't all gloomy and reverential - they were auctioning off things like a trick tray (??) and dressed in hunting garbs and had shot guns all around - not what you usually associate with a poor young thing in a hospital bed (just to play Devil's...not quite advocate).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3921249;

Albie is not bad to look at either!
    No, not at all, but I think everyone tells him that, or says that of him, plus he's so smart etc. Chris even said once "I know I'm not the good-looking one." I think he's smart, ambitious, and would be a great date for some lucky young lady.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3921347;
    I swear I thought Danny Provenzano nearly said "who?" when Danielle mentioned the sick little girl. I do think though that this event wasn't all gloomy and reverential - they were auctioning off things like a trick tray (??) and dressed in hunting garbs and had shot guns all around - not what you usually associate with a poor young thing in a hospital bed (just to play Devil's...not quite advocate).
    Well Danny Poo...I mean PRO is a class act so of course he probably said 'who?' when the little girl was mentioned.

I did think it was an odd charity to organize a fundraiser for the little girl. I wonder if her family is big into the organization?

Kiz

trick tray (??)
    I had to look that up too.

Tricky tray fundraisers have been known by many names since their creation. They have been dubbed penny auctions, Chinese basket auctions, gift auctions and brown bag auctions. For all of these events, participants purchase raffle tickets and place the tickets in canisters near the items they hope to win. One person can put as many tickets as they want in a given container to increase the odds of winning.

Legality
    Many states have strict laws governing charities and gaming. Generally, tricky tray fundraisers are governed by the same laws as bingo games. Check with your state's gaming department to determine what permits are required and what is needed to obtain them.
    What Is a Tricky Tray Fundraiser? | eHow.com

If I remember correctly, it was said in the article that the "tricky tray" was worth $15,000. They must have raised a good amount of donations to be able to give away 15 grand.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Does anyone know what the actual form of cancer was that the little girl had?
    Sadly, so much time was given over to Danielle and her band of thugs and very little was given to the disease, itself.
    Anyone know?
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It was hepatoblastoma. She is in remission now. The Ridge Runners (the event at the Brownstone), do a lot of charity events in the NY and NJ area. Does it really matter where the donations come from????

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3921441;
    It was hepatoblastoma. She is in remission now. The Ridge Runners (the event at the Brownstone), do a lot of charity events in the NY and NJ area. Does it really matter where the donations come from????

Thanks much.

What is meant by the bolded statement?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

To Norealityhere: Very strange ........... I didn't bold it.

+ Reply to Thread