+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2728Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I may be in the minority but I think Teresa's girls are too cute!

I will say, they may need speech therapy/lessons to soften their tone. But other than that, I think they're adorable.

I also just see Teresa as a mother who enjoys having her girls. My mom spent a great deal of time playing dress-up with me and my sister and our weekends were usually spent at the mall but we turned out fine. I think Joe will provide a good balance for them. He doesn't seem to take any mess and obviously has no problem, as we saw in the car on the way to the fashion show, with breaking them down when necessary (although that seemed kind of harsh to me).
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

FORT Fogey

Pretty much anything is cute if you dress it up enough. I am not trying to be cruel, and one of the girls is not that bad, but Gia ain't that much of a looker, and there's another one in that brood that takes my breath away, and not in a good way. I think it's the one that cries all the time. The whole family looks like mouth-breathers to me.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3920045;
    If you are an attorney & this upsets you so much, file a class action lawsuit. You also have to keep in mind that this is Bravo who apparently encouraged the Washington D.C. couple to crash the White House. Even after all the outrage against them, BRAVO "STILL" hired them to be part of the cast.

I'm still horrified that someone could breach White House security as easily as they did, and very disappointed that a network (i.e. Bravo) would encourage it and try to make a profit off of it.

By the way, Snow Bunny, I'm an attorney too, and your suggestion about filing a class action lawsuit doesn't really make any sense. Perhaps you could explain what you meant.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-02-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3921069;
    I'm still horrified that someone could breach White House security as easily as they did, and very disappointed that a network (i.e. Bravo) would encourage it and try to make a profit off of it.

By the way, Snow Bunny, I'm an attorney too, and your suggestion about filing a class action lawsuit doesn't really make any sense. Perhaps you could explain what you meant.
    Okay I should have been clearer however yesterday was my catch-up day at work due to having the holiday off; crazy busy at work.

Class action probably wasn't what the best way I could have put forth my thoughts on this matter.
    I am sure with the many, many subscribers of this forum & similar forums that focus on the various RH series I am positive there thousands of people who view this as BRAVO encouraging & filming violence. With Poppy & yourself being attornys I am certain you are capable of filing a motion or brief on behalf of the multiple of veiwers who objected to this behaviour.
    Me, I a positive the 100% of his series is 100% staged & premediated. I view this show in the same genre as I do a show like Criminal Minds only instead of utilizing paid professional actors the RH uses "real people".

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3921067;
    Pretty much anything is cute if you dress it up enough. I am not trying to be cruel, and one of the girls is not that bad, but Gia ain't that much of a looker, and there's another one in that brood that takes my breath away, and not in a good way. I think it's the one that cries all the time. The whole family looks like mouth-breathers to me.
    OMG!

For not 'trying to be cruel' you're doing a pretty good job being cruel.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 06-02-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Theresa's girls will probably grow up to be beautiful exotic looking women. They look awkward now, perhaps because they seem so decorated. That's a lot for little faces to compete with. Right now they don't look natural, when they are at the age when they should look natural. Strip away all the sequined headbands, fried out hair from overstyling, and coats of lip gloss and they are probably nice looking children. I thought Gia was cute when they were "working" at making red sauce and she was dressed down like a normal child.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3920769;
    You raise a number of valid and interesting points! I am sure that they do sign waivers regarding civil liability claims against the networks. I also think the network is within its rights to film an actual assault in progress, but I find it appalling that they would and then decide to broadcast the footage in a regular episode. They will be airing this incident, though I don't know in how much detail. We'll have to wait and see.
    I think we are in agreement -- about the difference between what is morally reprehensible and what is legally permissible. I think that's all tears and rain was trying to convey in the discussion about what to expect from an 18 as opposed to 40 year old.

This issue came up last year when Snookie got clobbered at a bar on Jersey Shore, and MTV decided at first to show the hit. Only after people complained (they even used it as a teaser if I recall), the network relented and cut the footage. This of course caused more outrage and the clip remained available online. Buzz = ratings. The batterer ended up in jail; MTV ended up with a hit show (sorry for the pun).

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3921030;
    It's possible that she did not learn it from Teresa or Joe. She does go to school and it's possible that she heard it from one of her friends. I do think it was a mean thing to say and if it came out of an adult I'd be more horrified but it came out of a eight year old who probably had no idea what she was really saying.
    If you listen to what Gia said even as Teresa was doing her best to gracefully shut her up in front of the cameras before she could elaborate on the "I don't want to marry a Jew." comment, she said it was "because of the weird way they do their sideburns with the curls." That was it. The sum total on which she based her desire not to marry a Jew was based on hairstyle. What else would we expect from The Little Princess? There was nothing more hateful or substantial about it than that. It was simply the naive statement of a child. I seriously doubt their home is somehow a hot bed of Jew bashing. They're just too busy with other things even if they wanted to be. Not to mention, with the degree they go to to sort of filter their mouths appropriately for the kids, even if there were any antisemitic feelings in that home, my money says those young girls have never heard a word of it. Holy cow!!

Just so we're clear, Hobbes, I'm agreeing with you.

FORT Fogey

Just two brief points ... One about the "class action lawsuit" on behalf of Bravo/RH viewers. I'm not a lawyer, just married to one, and I haven't asked him, so no doubt one of the lawyers who post here could respond more definitively ... but don't there have to be damages in order to file a suit? What damages can RH viewers claim? If you/we find the shows offensive to our sensibilities or whatever, no one is forcing us to watch and therefore potentially suffer damage!

Second, on the remark made by the little Guidice-ette that seemed anti-Semitic ... just want to point out that the curly sideburns referred to by her and a previous poster are worn by one sect of Judaism ... the Hasidim, which is a super-Orthodox sect ... and not most Jewish men by any means. There are many Hasidim in NY/NJ, so perhaps the little girl saw them walking down the street or whatever and thought they looked odd. Little kids pretty much always observe and comment on (sometimes insensitively, until corrected by adults) people who look different than what they usually see in their environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar_X;3921115;

Just so we're clear, Hobbes, I'm agreeing with you.
    LOL! I know.

Although, I'm a little disappointed that you changed your pic..the Kelly one added more entertainment (for me anyway).

+ Reply to Thread