+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

!

All I can say is WOW! How did BRAVO allow the event, for the poor family, dealing with a sick child morph into this mess? Shame on BRAVO for allowing this to happen along with giving Danielle a platform to voice her nutty views on things! It really is shameful. This isn't even entertainment at this point. This isn't even about how crazy the chick is and how much fun it is to see her "try" to interact with a bunch of people who have NO connection with her other than this show. It's one thing (forcing) women (who aren't really friends) into friendships, feeding them wine and filming it. When one stands out as a truly sick person then they need to stop it! I'm not worried about us, at home, watching. This is an insult to the family of the sick girl. This is real to them! I don't know how they ever got Danielle's name and invited her. Who knows how Danielle ever became the "guest of honor". I feel that this family got set up and it really is a shame that their event was overshadowed by Danielle's bad behavior. Hopefully BRAVO made a huge donation, to the cause, for allowing them to ruin their fundraiser!

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3920840;
    It seemed to me like Gia had probably ridden on one of those many times before and that was why they bought it for her.
    Teresa seems overly indulgent with the girls, but there's no doubt, IMO, that she would never let them be in harm's way.
    Agree! I don't doubt that Teresa watches her girls pretty good but I just have to add that helmets would be nice! Sure, it was a quick ride before the limo but that's all it takes. That was no Barbie Jeep!

I find it very sad the way Teresa's kids are being raised to think they are "diva's". Actually I find it revolting to watch how they are fawned over as if they were Princess Di. These girls will only grow up to be spoiled and selfish people who think the world revolves around them and that they should be handed everything on a silver platter. Teaching a child self-respect and good self-worth is one thing....but teaching them that they can do no wrong and that they are "diva's" aka princesses is a whole new ball game. I hope the Rockefellers have lots of grandsons so that Teresa's kids will have men to marry that can keep them in the style they've been brought up in. :-)

And being of Jewish descent...I wanted to comment on Gia's negative remarks about her mom's suggestion of marrying a Jewish man. Gia is only 8....where did she get those kind of negative comments about marrying a Jewish man? You have to ask yourself...who taught her that stuff? She must be around it or else she would not have an opinion about it. I think back to when my daughter was 8 and she would never had made a remark like that if I had said that about her marrying an Italian man...because she was not exposed to anything that would make her say something so negative about Italians. Of course...at that age she would have said she would rather marry He-Man aka Prince Adam or Michael Knight of Knight Rider...lol. Kids learn from their environment...so you really have to wonder...where/who did she learn that from to have such a vile reaction towards the suggestion of marrying a Jew?

Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3920849;
    All I can say is WOW! How did BRAVO allow the event, for the poor family, dealing with a sick child morph into this mess? Shame on BRAVO for allowing this to happen along with giving Danielle a platform to voice her nutty views on things! It really is shameful. This isn't even entertainment at this point. This isn't even about how crazy the chick is and how much fun it is to see her "try" to interact with a bunch of people who have NO connection with her other than this show. It's one thing (forcing) women (who aren't really friends) into friendships, feeding them wine and filming it. When one stands out as a truly sick person then they need to stop it! I'm not worried about us, at home, watching. This is an insult to the family of the sick girl. This is real to them! I don't know how they ever got Danielle's name and invited her. Who knows how Danielle ever became the "guest of honor". I feel that this family got set up and it really is a shame that their event was overshadowed by Danielle's bad behavior. Hopefully BRAVO made a huge donation, to the cause, for allowing them to ruin their fundraiser!

I think Bravo has totally crossed over with their shows.
    RHONY showed Kelly having what appeared to be a total breakdown - not fun to watch.
    Danielle makes RHONJ look like a scene out of Goodfellas.
    Bravo was actually filming the Salahis, the White House Gate Crashers, for their upcoming appearance on RHODC.
    Bravo showed Jeff Lewis complaining about the homeless man who lived on his client's property ( said client was fine with him living there - Jeff, however, insisted on saying horrible things about the poor man and the poor man actually died at time of filming. ) It didn't seem to bother Jeff in the least.
    Bravo is interested in making money.
    If they could find a murder to televise, I'm sure they'd do that, too.
    And Andy would probably give it his Mazel of the Week.
    And, Paddy Chayesvsky, the brilliant writer of the movie Network, sits up above and gives Bravo his j***hole of the week.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 06-02-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Isn't there some movie where they're making a reality show and the producers go too far? I tried finding the name of it but I can't. That's what has happened with some of these shows! The only thing that makes me feel that it hasn't gone way too far is that I haven't seen anything about it in the news. No headlines about how a reality show housewife shoots 4 other reality show housewives while out to lunch! I wonder about how much of the drama is egged on by the producers. Of course (if it's fabricated) we're all sucking it in (and loving/hating it). It would be nice (at least) if BRAVO did some kind of acknowledgement at the end of the show that shows that they recognize that some of the behavior wasn't appropriate. Again, I don't care if these women just irritate each other or even us. I hated seeing (that nut job Danielle) talking to the sick girls family and dragging them down her dirty little road. They've been through enough and don't need a reality show to bring them down even lower. Did BRAVO sell them the idea of allowing the show to film them and then screwed them and made it all about Danielle and her "hit men"? Were these guys for real?

FORT Fogey

Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3920849;
    The problem with saying, "Shame on Bravo," is that I still watch. The venue could have refused to let cameras inside too. Really, would she have tried as hard with no cameras around? Anyway, I can't really say shame on Bravo without saying shame on me too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;3920854;
    I find it very sad the way Teresa's kids are being raised to think they are "diva's".
    Somebody's got to think those girls are beautiful. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;3920854;
    Kids learn from their environment...so you really have to wonder...where/who did she learn that from to have such a vile reaction towards the suggestion of marrying a Jew?
    It's possible that she did not learn it from Teresa or Joe. She does go to school and it's possible that she heard it from one of her friends. I do think it was a mean thing to say and if it came out of an adult I'd be more horrified but it came out of a eight year old who probably had no idea what she was really saying.

When I was that young I remember calling my mom a b*stard because she drank all my pop. My mom was (understandably) very upset with me. Thankfully my grandma said that I most likely had no idea what I was saying so my mom talked to me about it. I have no idea where I heard it. My family does not/never did swear (the worst I ever heard out of their mouth was sh*t) so I didn't hear it from them. Chances are, I heard it from my neighborhood friends, their parents, or just over heard some random person say it.

Point being, just because kids say something that's not nice or derogatory does not mean that they heard it from their parents. Teresa did seem shocked/horrified that Gia said that.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 06-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3921002;
    Somebody's got to think those girls are beautiful. There, I said it.
    I think they are and I think they will grow up to be beautiful women (physically that is, if they keep rolling with the diva crap inner beauty might be lacking).

FORT Fogey

Tony Pro's grandnephew Danny Provenzano became a made-man and movie director and producer after building a successful printing company in New Jersey, he is currently serving a ten-year sentence for racketeering.
    Obviously the current serving is now over.

Anthony Provenzano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE w/ DANNY PROVENZANO

Danny Provenzano

Is he an actor? Gangster? An actor who acts like a gangster? A gangster who acts like an actor? I am confused.

+ Reply to Thread