+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2660Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3920225;
    Hahaha, Snow Bunny! I have no idea what you're talking about here? I was posting about RHoNJ Jacqueline's daughter, Ashley, who was convicted of assaulting Danielle. And a "class action" lawsuit, by definition, would involve a multiplicity of plaintiffs (as in tens of thousands), so what would your point be?

I'm not being snarky here, just confused
    A "CRIMINAL" class action suit? Huh?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3918775;

My original point, AGAIN, it is that it is outrageous for a television crew to continue FILMING an assault in progress.
    I don't know about that -- people watch UFC and WWE "assaults" all the time on the other "reality" TV of staged fights. As a lawyer, you must know that all participants sign waivers and assumptions of liability for all injuries associated with foreseeable risks. Given the propensity for violence in these Jersey shows (table flipping, fights-by-the-episode in Jersey Shore), it's hardly surprising that someone might get physical in an episode of New Jersey Housewives; and the waivers cover such eventualities nonetheless. I think that the crew and Bravo are well within their rights to film these idiots in full bloom, and the participants get what they deserve, along with their paychecks.

FORT Fogey

When Danielle watches these episodes, I wonder if she sees any hint at all of how totally bizarro-crazy she is! I also wonder if the NJ Dept of Children's Services can use any of this material to take those two poor girls away from her. The woman is off her rocker. If I were the parents of the baby with cancer, I would have taken her aside at the fundraiser and asked her to leave and take her band of vile hoodlums with her. She made the entire event about her and completely fabricated the whole slight she imagined in that deranged head of hers.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3920673;
    I don't know about that -- people watch UFC and WWE "assaults" all the time on the other "reality" TV of staged fights. As a lawyer, you must know that all participants sign waivers and assumptions of liability for all injuries associated with foreseeable risks. Given the propensity for violence in these Jersey shows (table flipping, fights-by-the-episode in Jersey Shore), it's hardly surprising that someone might get physical in an episode of New Jersey Housewives; and the waivers cover such eventualities nonetheless. I think that the crew and Bravo are well within their rights to film these idiots in full bloom, and the participants get what they deserve, along with their paychecks.
    You raise a number of valid and interesting points! I am sure that they do sign waivers regarding civil liability claims against the networks. I also think the network is within its rights to film an actual assault in progress, but I find it appalling that they would and then decide to broadcast the footage in a regular episode. They will be airing this incident, though I don't know in how much detail. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3920767;
    When Danielle watches these episodes, I wonder if she sees any hint at all of how totally bizarro-crazy she is! I also wonder if the NJ Dept of Children's Services can use any of this material to take those two poor girls away from her. The woman is off her rocker. If I were the parents of the baby with cancer, I would have taken her aside at the fundraiser and asked her to leave and take her band of vile hoodlums with her. She made the entire event about her and completely fabricated the whole slight she imagined in that deranged head of hers.
    You can tell by her blogs on bravotv that she thinks she's the victim and there isn't anything wrong with HER actions. I'm finding her intense hatred of the Manzos a bit scary. She appears to be the type to do something to these people when the camera's aren't on.

She's more the type to hire it done ... "and I won't come alone" And she didn't. She brought all kinds of felons and Hells Angels members who all were ready to do some damage to a charity event for a cancer-ridden baby. The housewives she "feared" (more like, wanted to rub their noses in it) weren't even there.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Haven't finished watching yet and I know that there are a lot of things to say about this episode..... but.... Yikes! When Teresa put the younger daughter on the back of the ATV (or whatever it was) I almost died! Did Gia know how to handle one of those? She seemed to be going pretty fast and I thought it was scary!!!!!!! They didn't even appear to be worried! I thought that Gia was going to flip the stupid thing! Did this bother any of you?

It seemed to me like Gia had probably ridden on one of those many times before and that was why they bought it for her.
    Teresa seems overly indulgent with the girls, but there's no doubt, IMO, that she would never let them be in harm's way.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm just wondering something...if Danielle was soooo very upset last season about that book that was written about her....saying that it was all a bunch of lies and she was upset that people had the wrong impression of her and that anything she might have been involved with that was shady was in the past....THEN...why in the world is she still in touch with criminals/ex-cons and does she really think that showing up at an event with those types of people would solidify her case that the things in that book that were written about her were all a lie??? It seems like her showing up with ex-cons/criminals and mafioso types would only prove the validity of the things that were written about her in the book. Silly move if you want to clear your name.

+ Reply to Thread