+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2857Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I have a question.
    Everyone keeps talking about pulling of hair extensions.
    I've never seen that on this show.
    Where did you all find that out?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

It has yet to be aired, so we should probably all really keep our judgements on hold. But it's come out in the press that Ashley and Danielle at one point got in a fight and that Ashley was subsequently ordered to pay $180 because she ripped out a hair extension during the course of the incident. But that's truly all we know.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3918720;
    So what I'm saying is that what makes me uncomfortable about this situation is MUCH less Ashley hitting Danielle than it is Danielle engaging in an argument with a girl more than 20 years her junior.
    First, the law does hold 18 year olds to the same criminal standard as the rest of adult society. I know this because I am a lawyer and I deal with it every day.

Second, Danielle wasn't arguing with Ashley but with her mother. Ashley attacked Danielle like a pit bull. The police report states that Ashley "thought Danielle hit her mother." Her mother, in the same police report, denied being hit or even touched by Danielle. Go figure. I take this opportunity to reiterate my main point: reality TV has gone too far when cameras roll on while physical assault takes place.

Tears,

Thanks. I thought I was all caught up with the show, so I wondered where that came from.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3918723;
    I hope you're not referring to J being a single mom.
    Mhm. I actually think that her upbringing is not to blame. Some people just have to learn on their own, make their mistakes, and figure stuff out. J has said that she sometimes feels that Ashley resents the fact that J couldn't be around as much when she was little, since she had to pay the bills, but by the time CJ was born she was a stay-at-home mom. I think that might be pretty accurate.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3918733;
    First, the law does hold 18 year olds to the same criminal standard as the rest of adult society. I know this because I am a lawyer and I deal with it every day.

Second, Danielle wasn't arguing with Ashley but with her mother. Ashley attacked Danielle like a pit bull. The police report states that Ashley "thought Danielle hit her mother." Her mother, in the same police report, denied being hit or even touched by Danielle. Go figure. I take this opportunity to reiterate my main point: reality TV has gone too far when cameras roll on while physical assault takes place.
    Okay. Please, please, please, when you comment here, be sure you've read a post correctly before you say something. It just makes for less frustration.

I said that SOCIETY doesn't hold an 18 year old to the same SOCIETAL standard.

If it says that Ashley "THOUGHT Danielle hit her mother" then what's wrong with Jacqueline saying she was never hit. Ashley didn't say that Danielle DID hit her mother. If I thought someone had hit my mother, you bet I would defend her.

This just convinces me more that we should withhold judgment until we see the actual tape.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3918739;
    Okay. Please, please, please, when you comment here, be sure you've read a post correctly before you say something. It just makes for less frustration.

I said that SOCIETY doesn't hold an 18 year old to the same SOCIETAL standard.

If it says that Ashley "THOUGHT Danielle hit her mother" then what's wrong with Jacqueline saying she was never hit. Ashley didn't say that Danielle DID hit her mother. If I thought someone had hit my mother, you bet I would defend her.

This just convinces me more that we should withhold judgment until we see the actual tape.

I don't know if I can wait that long .... !!!

Does anyone know how many more weeks it'll be?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I'm sure it's coming up soon! In the previews for the season, in the sequence that, presumably, is the fight, Chris is shown carrying someone to the car.... I think it's probably Ashley? Is it possible that Danielle could have hit her after she dealt the first blow, and not have incurred charges because it was "self defense"?

Oh, is the extension pulling going to be on the finale show??
    Is it going to be thsi season's equivalent to the table flip??!!
    Though I can't really imagine anything can equal the table flip. Everything else is going to seem anticlimactic!

+ Reply to Thread