+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2850Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3918530;
    Ashley is Jacqueline's oldest daughter from her first marriage.
    Thanks! I'm going to have to catch a repeat because I totally missed this.

Anyone know if Danielle's daughter got a modelling call-back?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3918618;
    Um. Good luck with your TLC lawsuit.... seeing as how the show is on Bravo.....
    Lol, mea culpa, you are rght! Bravo, not TLC.. same principle applies. As far as the 2 y.o. vs. the 6 y.o: not applicable. These people are adults, and we don't need to judge them, because the law already has.

My sense of outrage from this incident arose not so much because Ashely (who is legally an adult) assaulted Danielle, but because it happened in conjuction with her contract for a reality TV show. We cannot assume that anyone on these shows is being depicted in a "real" sense. I do not for a moment think that Teresa is a moron or that Ashley is a girl/woman headed down the "wrong path" in life, or that Danielle is a sociopath. This is how they are depicted. If there were no scripted phony dramatic scenes in realty TV, the medium would be completely boring. I am just of the opinion that no one should suffer physical assault while being filmed in their reality TV role. I find it abhorrent that this is captured on film, without intervention.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 05-30-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3918656;
    Thanks! I'm going to have to catch a repeat because I totally missed this.

Anyone know if Danielle's daughter got a modelling call-back?
    I read that her daughter, Christine, is doing runway work and print ads for a major bridal designer.

FORT Fogey

I don't put 40 year olds on the same maturity level as 19 year olds. In fact, a child's brain is not fully developed until they are 21, especially the decision making part. That's why we can't drink until 21. I would expect a 40 year old to be mature enough to stop an argument with a 19 year old before it got physical.

The law has set consequences. Evidently they thought the only thing Ashley needed to repent for is the money for the hair extension. I'm with them.

FORT Fogey

The law has set consequences. Evidently they thought the only thing Ashley needed to repent for is the money for the hair extension. I'm with them.
    Which her mother will take out of her step-daddy's wallet.

FORT Fanatic

anyone see Danielle "pimping" her book on Wendy Williams. Wendy asked her why she would try to go to a party univited, she said she really wasn't near the party about 2 miles away, and reallly wanted to see if "certain people" were there. Also said yes she had been engaged 19 times, the first time at 15, and yes she had a relationship with Prince, and went on and on about his kisses.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3918683;
    I don't put 40 year olds on the same maturity level as 19 year olds..
    Society (and the law) does. And that's a good thing. Over the age of 12, there's no excuse, whatsoever, for violent physical response in a verbal argument. I hope you are not implying that there is. The better yardstick for this is not the legal drinking age, but the voting age... and the minimum age for military service. If this girl has an emotional handicap, that would be different. As it is, she has a criminal record that can be referenced if she is involved in violent assaultive behavior again.

OMG

Finally got to see this week's episode.
    WTH is going on here??!!
    Is this RHONJ combined with Goodfellas?!!

Didn't they try to dispel all the Ma*ia rumors that seemed to be floating at last season's reunion show, yet on this very episode they show Chris's arsenal of guns that Jacqueline is, of course, clueless about, Danielle looking up the 'Gambino brothers' to assist her when she must go to a fundraiser at the Brownstone, Chris "interning" at a gentleman's club in order to run a brothel like car wash and Teresa regaling us with still another oversized flower bandeau for her newest little Guidette?

Upthread, someone asked about the bickering at the restaurant between Danielle's 2 daughters. I beleve the age difference between the girls is about 4 years, so can definitely see that the older one would intensely dislike having to "hang" with the younger one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3918709;
    Society (and the law) does. And that's a good thing. Over the age of 12, there's no excuse, whatsoever, for violent physical response in a verbal argument. I hope you are not implying that there is. The better yardstick for this is not the legal drinking age, but the voting age... and the minimum age for military service. If this girl has an emotional handicap, that would be different. As it is, she has a criminal record that can be referenced if she is involved in violent assaultive behavior again.
    Society does not put an 18 year old on the same level of a 40 year old.

I have said many times that there's no excuse and what she did wasn't right. What she did was wrong. But Danielle's behavior is worse.

Actually, in this case, the drinking age is a much better yardstick. Do you know why the drinking age is 21?? It's because your brain isn't fully developed until then - some professionals even argue it's not fully developed until 25. This is especially true concerning the decision-making parts of your brain. You know, the part that would tell you to walk away or to hit someone.

So what I'm saying is that what makes me uncomfortable about this situation is MUCH less Ashley hitting Danielle than it is Danielle engaging in an argument with a girl more than 20 years her junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3917579;
    Not to mention adequate upbringing.
    I hope you're not referring to J being a single mom.

+ Reply to Thread