+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2728Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Am I the only one that is uncomfortable with this?! I mean Ashley is what? 18? And Danielle felt the need to go and ruin her life by pressing charges for assault??? Way to go Danielle! You have even less class than I thought in the first place!

I agree that as she lives in the house she should definitely have known about the safe and its contents.

Waiting to see the non-connected Manzo clan vs the felon trio Dani, Danny, and ?friend? .

Would love to go one episode with no mention of Danielle at all. Unless it's about her kids, or maybe herself getting a job to support those kids like the rest of us single moms have to do?? And sometimes, two or more jobs to meet the bills. Teens are expensive!! Ya KNOW? Just SAYIN'. (Can we get these phrases banned from use for a few decades???)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3916527;
    Am I the only one that is uncomfortable with this?! I mean Ashley is what? 18? And Danielle felt the need to go and ruin her life by pressing charges for assault??? Way to go Danielle! You have even less class than I thought in the first place!
    Danielle is such a bad A** that she stirs up stuff and runs and hides behind whomever is there and plays the injured victim*. Table flipping? It didn't actually cause her pain (as the cameras caught it and she couldn't use that excuse) so she couldn't sue over that one. But Ashley made contact with her, Teen18 vs 40something and instead of being the ADULT, she runs to court. (I still find it funny that she only received $180(?) over the incident. Her attorney/court costs were much more.)

*Every time we re watch the table flipping, and Dramielle whines "I got a table thrown at me cause someone wrote a book about me??????" we yell, "No, because you are a classless, inelegant, and ungrateful GUEST who came to target Dina but managed to insult everyone there including your hostess."
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I can understand how Chris could have various guns and Jacqueline not having a clue how many or what he had. If she's like me, she probably has no interest in his 'boy toys'. Chris (like my hubby) probably has been collecting some of the guns since he was younger. My husband just had to have some huge gun like Dirty Harry did (or something close to that--- see I have NO idea) He bought it before we got married years and years ago. He also has a couple of hunting rifles, a BB pellet rifle he got our son for target practice only, but son didn't care for it so we inherited it. I applaude Chris for keeping his guns stored safely. Chris could have even inherited some guns from his dad or someone. That will happen to us when my dad passes away-- even an old Japanese rifle from WW II! It might look like an arsenal to someone not in the know, but my husband hasn't actually shot a gun or rifle in YEARS. I think it's a guy thing to own such things.

PS-- our son in law, who has a college degree and is a geologist and is cultured and wonderfully gentle with his children just had to have a pistol with underarm type holster for his birthday. I don't think he's even taken it out for any reason, it's just a guy thing I guess.

You know, I can't get the image out of my mind of the day Theresa and the girls were unpacking their clothes in their beautiful new rooms in their fabulous new home and Theresa got the call from the agency that they were using Gia. The camera went to Gia SO happily unpacking her clothes, laying them across her bed with such a contented expression and then Theresa asks her if she wants to be on Gossip Girl and she happily (and somewhat cockily) snaps back with something like,'' You bet I do!" The look on that childs face and her attitude stays with me. It was as if she was thinking she had the world on a string-- life was just getting better and better. Unless her life stays at that same calibre, I believe Gia will need help by the time she gets to her teenage years. I don't know how much 'success' Gia is experiencing because her family is on national tv. How much is real and how much is Bravo enhanced?

I hope everything goes good in her life--- she reminds me alittle of how Madonna looked when she was a child, a little. You never know, she could be coached and primped until she becomes star quality. She certainly doesn't lack confidence in herself!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3916546;
    I can understand how Chris could have various guns and Jacqueline not having a clue how many or what he had. If she's like me, she probably has no interest in his 'boy toys'. Chris (like my hubby) probably has been collecting some of the guns since he was younger. My husband just had to have some huge gun like Dirty Harry did (or something close to that--- see I have NO idea) He bought it before we got married years and years ago. He also has a couple of hunting rifles, a BB pellet rifle he got our son for target practice only, but son didn't care for it so we inherited it. I applaude Chris for keeping his guns stored safely. Chris could have even inherited some guns from his dad or someone. That will happen to us when my dad passes away-- even an old Japanese rifle from WW II! It might look like an arsenal to someone not in the know, but my husband hasn't actually shot a gun or rifle in YEARS. I think it's a guy thing to own such things.

PS-- our son in law, who has a college degree and is a geologist and is cultured and wonderfully gentle with his children just had to have a pistol with underarm type holster for his birthday. I don't think he's even taken it out for any reason, it's just a guy thing I guess.
    The safe is the size of my daughter's bedroom! How are you married for years and not ask or know what is in it? Maybe it was just for the cameras but come on! A larger percentage of women would want to know, than those who wouldn't care. How do you ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room? If my husband even had a large suitcase (that was always locked) and it was sitting around....... I would want to know what was in it!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3916708;
    The safe is the size of my daughter's bedroom! How are you married for years and not ask or know what is in it? Maybe it was just for the cameras but come on! A larger percentage of women would want to know, than those who wouldn't care. How do you ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room? If my husband even had a large suitcase (that was always locked) and it was sitting around....... I would want to know what was in it!
    I didn't realize how huge the safe was! I've been catching up on the shows and haven't seen that one yet. Yes, I agree with you, if my husband was keeping 'something' locked up in a safe the size of a small room I would definitely be curious! I mistakenly thought people were upset that Chris has several guns. I need to finish watching all the shows before putting my two cents in.

Just now reading your post AngloAm.........Awesome insight as always ......don't stay away for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3916800;
    I didn't realize how huge the safe was! I've been catching up on the shows and haven't seen that one yet. Yes, I agree with you, if my husband was keeping 'something' locked up in a safe the size of a small room I would definitely be curious! I mistakenly thought people were upset that Chris has several guns. I need to finish watching all the shows before putting my two cents in.
    Sorry, didn't realize that you hadn't seen the episode! Just so you know, the safe isn't as big a a bedroom (I was exaggerating for fun). It's more like the size of a really, really big refrigerator. I don't want you to be disappointed when you actually get to watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3916544;
    Danielle is such a bad A** that she stirs up stuff and runs and hides behind whomever is there and plays the injured victim*. Table flipping? It didn't actually cause her pain (as the cameras caught it and she couldn't use that excuse) so she couldn't sue over that one. But Ashley made contact with her, Teen18 vs 40something and instead of being the ADULT, she runs to court. (I still find it funny that she only received $180(?) over the incident. Her attorney/court costs were much more.)

*Every time we re watch the table flipping, and Dramielle whines "I got a table thrown at me cause someone wrote a book about me??????" we yell, "No, because you are a classless, inelegant, and ungrateful GUEST who came to target Dina but managed to insult everyone there including your hostess."
    I don't think I can take another season of Housewives. Whether I like them or not, it's unconscionable to just keep picking on the same individual all the time -- whether you like them or not. It's just wrong to treat other humans this way over and over again. Just distance yourselves from them and don't engage in the behavior. But, guess you can't do it if you all agree to be on a reality show. And the raising of kids to be entitled idiots that end up in the workplace sitting in the cubicle next to you. YAWN!!!

+ Reply to Thread