+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2786Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Received Teresa's book today....and as her girls say...it's "fabulous". Between the pictures of her family and friends...the personal stories and the recipes...it's a great read.

Caroline said that they had been friends with the family for years possibly through events they hold at the Brownstowne.

I got the impression that Danielle didn't know the family all that well. I mean, friends but not ones that she would hang out on a daily basis but more see around here or there. I also thought Danielle said that she would collect money from people she knew and have one big check to give to the family. I guess I don't see the big deal in that.

I absolutely love the housewives of NJ, sans Danielle. I was grew up in a little village right next to Franklin Lakes. My sister is one of their neighbors. Every time I watch the show, I feel like I'm right back home and that makes me so happy! However people might feel about these women, sans Danielle, they are close loving families. Makes me want to go home again............ Also the Bravo Summer commercial that aired during the RHONJ was great! Bravo!

Can someone tell me what happened to Danielle's daughter, at the fashion show, that she got upset about. I think that I missed something but don't feel like reading every post to find out. (yes, I'm lazy)

She had to walk off the runway because she was about to either pass out or throw up.

[QUOTE=Bunny555;3914176;]She had to walk off the runway because she was about to either pass out or throw up. [/QUOT
    Thanks! Was it just from nerves or did they say?

It was just a combination of things. She didn't seem or look nervous...just a little hot...she started sweating....and said she felt sick. Although at one point before the show she said she was 'starving'....she only ate a few slices of melon. So being hungry...maybe dehydrated...hot from the lights...and a little nervous...created the perfect storm.

It happened at the very end where all the girls had to stand still on the runway for a period of time.

After sitting down and drinking some water...she was better.

Her actual debut went very well. She did a great job.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3910606;
    Money can't buy you class. Elegance is learned, my friend.
    So is singing. But some people forget that.

The only part of RHoNJ that I liked THIS week was when Teresa gave birth to Audriana ... there was NO DISCUSSION of Danielle AT ALL. Loved all her little outfits, the leopard pj's for Teresa with the matching hat for the babe. The pink hat with the flower ... The flower was HUGE!!!! Dina tearing up as Teresa asks her to be Audriana's Godmother!!

Joe was his usual idiotic and blah self as she was trying to get ready to go to the hospital AND AT the hospital. Blah, blah, blah!!!

I had DS#2 in Cherry Hill, NJ yearssss ago and absolutely NO ONE, including my hubby could be in the room when I got my epidural ... hmmm, times have changed, even the camera crew was allowed in there ... (DS is in law school now so like I said it was years ago.)

So the hiring of the body guard ... Previews do NOT look good at all. Sheesh, are they going to remember that they are all there for the sweetheart babe with cancer.

Christine seems very moody since starting this modeling career ... why was she angry with Jillian at dinner ... some comment Jillian made about Christine possibily not being ready for this new career ... ?

Caroline and Albie are HELICOPTER parents. Leave the boys alone and let them handle their own affairs ... showing up at the car wash ...
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Well, well, well, here I am again, a day late but hopefully only a dolla short.

First off, Jacqueline seems to have no curiosity about all those guns in her husband's "secret" safe - which is as big as a refrigerator and stuck in the kitchen. Even if it's for "things we didn't want to get burnt up in a fire" surely she'd want to know what they are, and maybe add a few things of her own? Seriously - I have to wonder with Danielle (!) whether or not she really is 'her own woman.' She did like the guns though didn't she? She's falling over herself on Twitter telling everyone that it's all safe and they weren't loaded (although God knows there's enough ammo there, "just in case") and that hubby has a right to keep them. Be that as it may, hubby has just made himself look like a gun nut on national TV.

The life coach thing is perhaps a good idea but perhaps little more than indulgence. Oh, well.

I have to wonder why that small defenseless little guy let Chris Manzo run his car wash. What pressure he was put under...as it were. Anyway, off we trot with Chris to "Scores" in the middle of the day. Scores is a strip joint. Er, no, it's a strip club. Oops; the manager informs us that this is not a strip club where women take their clothes off and tease sad and lonely men for tips but it's a gentlemenís' club, where women take their clothes off and tease sad and lonely gentlemen for tips. Either way, why is it that unless they're stripping for you, strippers and their clients always look tawdry and exploitative (of each other) yet when they're peeling off for you, it doesn't seem cheap and pathetic at all.

And what kind of gentleman lets another gentleman's daughter do that sort of thing without offering to help her. How gentlemanly is it to leer and paw and pay to be titillated but little else (one hopes)? I say this as one who has been to strip joints, er, gentlequeers' clubs myself but I guess the older you get...

So anyway, Chris takes a bunch of bikini gals off to wash cars and it is a success. Before I come across as all holier-than-everyone-else I have to say I work on a military base. My car is always very clean in summer when the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and especially Marines hold car washes to raise money for various purposes. Very clean. So I kept reminding myself that I'm as prone to the charms of wet shirts and foamy sponges being squeezed and rubbed as the next pig. Er, gentleman. I'm luckier than most - when they get really overheated, the ones I'm watching can shed their shirts.

Either way, I have to admit I find Chris Manzo very sexy. It's in his sincerity and how he makes people laugh. Honestly, I prefer him over somewhat cold, somewhat calculating and somewhat over-perfect Albie. I know a lot of people call him "Failure" but actually he owns investment real estate at 21.

Teresa gave birth to another girl, and all went well, thank goodness. She didn't know diamonds came from Africa? She likes 'em so well, you'd think she'd know the name and yield of each field, be on first name bases with the De Beers board and the cutters in Antwerp. But no, they're just bright and sparkly and are easily transported. The Giudices like that - cash or rocks are harder for the feds to trace. Just saying. We got to see Juicy Joe in his shirtless state. I wasn't terribly impressed. His facial expression seems to run the range from "confused" to "bemused." And I have yet to see all these gay friends that he has/suddenly discovered when Teresa got uncomfortable answering for his comments last season. They've always just left, I guess.

I have to say, from what I've seen of that house, parts of it seem to be big just for the sake of it. Like that space at the top of the stairs - it's just there, like a big, empty, pointless expanse. But whatever. They don't have a lot of furniture. But didn't Juicy look funny next to that enormous bed?

Bevidan takes her meal ticket and the other girl to a really awkward uncomfortable horrible dinner in which the girls sit silently listing the hundreds of places they'd rather be. For eff's sake, Bevidan, you self serving b*tch, you're making a despised fool of yourself and your kids can read the internets and watch the TV. If they weren't despairing before, they sure are now. But Miss Too-Pretty-To-Work (ha. ha.) sat there talking at her kids and when the other one made a funny (because it's true) joke that perhaps the meal ticket isn't ready for modelling, mummy squelched that subversive notion tout de suite. Mealticket had better be ready for modelling because a-modelling she shall go. And you know what mummy does to people who disagree with her. She hires mobsters to kill them!

At least that's the impression her two thug friends gave. Honest to God! She wants to live down her 'mistakes' (getting caught) in her past, but then she brings Thuggy One and Thuggy Two to her home, revels in their experience doing hard times and turns a charity event that she was ruthlessly exploiting ("Tell me about the cancer. Can you see it? Can I put on TV when I do the compassionate thing? Can it get a matching dress so Mealticket can walk a runway with it?"). Huge discrepancy, much?

At some point Dina dares disagree with Caroline, who also knows what to do with people who disagree with her. Caroline would rather be taken for a bully than a coward; can't she conceive of any other alternatives? She's oh-so-nice, until she gets two-faced store owners and their repulsive drunken dates to quite obnoxiously gossip about Danielle in whom she will claim she has no interest. Yeah, right, Caroline, pull the other one; it's got bells on it.

Perhaps Dina was on a high from being asked to be godmother to the latest toss of the Jew Dice. When Teresa asked her, it was such a nice scene. You know why? Because the phrase "I hate dat b*tch/dose b*tches" wasn't mentioned once. Other than boobs, bangs, and babes, that's what RHONJ seems to consist of these days. It's a hell of a great statement when strippers, guns, and swollen chuckies are what class-up your show.

Please, ladies of RHONJ, don't go to Lambertville in your New Jersey and spoil it for me. Please.

+ Reply to Thread