+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2796Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3908744;
    You must be a professional writer! Astute and articulate all at once!
    Thank you but I'm not. I just let my mind run free(ish). But thank you. I think there's a very high standard on these boards and I try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3908155;
    Theresa's dad seems like kind of a hard-nosed guy, too, so her idea of fathering is no doubt based on what she grew up with; therefore, she excuses Joe's behavior by saying he is "toughening" the girls by "teasing" them.
    And we can see first hand just how he raised his daughter with the "toughening" and "teasing" them process. Nothing but class with Theresa...

Gia is too pretty to work? That's what she has been taught so no shock she feels that way. She's cute but won't make it in the modeling world. Won't have the height or features to do so. They are setting this child up to fail. And what a terrible work ethic she will have to boot. Sad they don't teach her smart is sexy or beauty comes from within because the behavior of those children is ugly. I can't believe Teresa didn't run and fix the racks that the daughter tore apart. And you wonder why the children feel as they do. They see bad behavior modeled for them every day. She be worried more about being positive role models than 2k on clothes and fashion shows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3909133;
    I can't disagree that Danielle loves her kids and they've turned out okay but most of the interaction with Jillian was all about modelling and Christine. No mention about whether or not Jillian would want to do something other than stand in front of a camera and call it a career.
    I guess I just have to hope there are other conversations about Jillian's interests that we aren't privy to or the cameras don't capture.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3909436;
    Gia is too pretty to work?
    I think Gia said that after hearing her mom mention how Danielle originally said she (Danielle) was "too pretty to work." I hope that's why Gia said it.

In her blog on Bravo, Teresa said that Gia had heard them repeat Danielle's statement over the summer, and it's something they say now.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3909442;
    I think Gia said that after hearing her mom mention how Danielle originally said she (Danielle) was "too pretty to work." I hope that's why Gia said it.
    That makes sense. Just odd how Teresa doesn't see fit to correct her daughter. I think most parents would have said they are beautiful but that's an inappropriate thing to say and we don't get our worth from our looks but our hearts.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3909436;
    Gia is too pretty to work? That's what she has been taught so no shock she feels that way. She's cute but won't make it in the modeling world. Won't have the height or features to do so. They are setting this child up to fail. And what a terrible work ethic she will have to boot. Sad they don't teach her smart is sexy or beauty comes from within because the behavior of those children is ugly. I can't believe Teresa didn't run and fix the racks that the daughter tore apart. And you wonder why the children feel as they do. They see bad behavior modeled for them every day. She be worried more about being positive role models than 2k on clothes and fashion shows.
    I so agree with you, ChelsieFan. Boy, when Gia grows up, I would hate to be her boyfriend/lover/husband!!!! She is going to be some piece of work with her GIANT EGO, her mother's coddling and super-super-over-indulgence, and her father's crazy way of dealing with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3909723;
    I so agree with you, ChelsieFan. Boy, when Gia grows up, I would hate to be her boyfriend/lover/husband!!!! She is going to be some piece of work with her GIANT EGO, her mother's coddling and super-super-over-indulgence, and her father's crazy way of dealing with her.
    Ya but as she gets older she will learn to rein it in as NO ONE, (girlfriends at school) will want anything to do with her ... its at that point, you hope, she drops all the GIANT EGO nonsense. ITA w/others about Gia's modeling days ... I think she will not have the height at all. I think her parents don't correct her as it is all SHOW for the cameras.
    I think everything that Teresa, Juicy or Gia does while we are watching RHoNJ is FOR THE CAMERAS!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

She'll be her mother.

+ Reply to Thread