+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2796Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #1401
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3908744;
    You must be a professional writer! Astute and articulate all at once!
    Thank you but I'm not. I just let my mind run free(ish). But thank you. I think there's a very high standard on these boards and I try to keep up.

  2. #1402
    FORT Regular Storm915's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    119

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3908155;
    Theresa's dad seems like kind of a hard-nosed guy, too, so her idea of fathering is no doubt based on what she grew up with; therefore, she excuses Joe's behavior by saying he is "toughening" the girls by "teasing" them.
    And we can see first hand just how he raised his daughter with the "toughening" and "teasing" them process. Nothing but class with Theresa...

  3. #1403
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Gia is too pretty to work? That's what she has been taught so no shock she feels that way. She's cute but won't make it in the modeling world. Won't have the height or features to do so. They are setting this child up to fail. And what a terrible work ethic she will have to boot. Sad they don't teach her smart is sexy or beauty comes from within because the behavior of those children is ugly. I can't believe Teresa didn't run and fix the racks that the daughter tore apart. And you wonder why the children feel as they do. They see bad behavior modeled for them every day. She be worried more about being positive role models than 2k on clothes and fashion shows.

  4. #1404
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3909133;
    I can't disagree that Danielle loves her kids and they've turned out okay but most of the interaction with Jillian was all about modelling and Christine. No mention about whether or not Jillian would want to do something other than stand in front of a camera and call it a career.
    I guess I just have to hope there are other conversations about Jillian's interests that we aren't privy to or the cameras don't capture.

  5. #1405
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3909436;
    Gia is too pretty to work?
    I think Gia said that after hearing her mom mention how Danielle originally said she (Danielle) was "too pretty to work." I hope that's why Gia said it.

  6. #1406
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,522

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    In her blog on Bravo, Teresa said that Gia had heard them repeat Danielle's statement over the summer, and it's something they say now.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #1407
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3909442;
    I think Gia said that after hearing her mom mention how Danielle originally said she (Danielle) was "too pretty to work." I hope that's why Gia said it.
    That makes sense. Just odd how Teresa doesn't see fit to correct her daughter. I think most parents would have said they are beautiful but that's an inappropriate thing to say and we don't get our worth from our looks but our hearts.

  8. #1408
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,027

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3909436;
    Gia is too pretty to work? That's what she has been taught so no shock she feels that way. She's cute but won't make it in the modeling world. Won't have the height or features to do so. They are setting this child up to fail. And what a terrible work ethic she will have to boot. Sad they don't teach her smart is sexy or beauty comes from within because the behavior of those children is ugly. I can't believe Teresa didn't run and fix the racks that the daughter tore apart. And you wonder why the children feel as they do. They see bad behavior modeled for them every day. She be worried more about being positive role models than 2k on clothes and fashion shows.
    I so agree with you, ChelsieFan. Boy, when Gia grows up, I would hate to be her boyfriend/lover/husband!!!! She is going to be some piece of work with her GIANT EGO, her mother's coddling and super-super-over-indulgence, and her father's crazy way of dealing with her.

  9. #1409
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,891

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3909723;
    I so agree with you, ChelsieFan. Boy, when Gia grows up, I would hate to be her boyfriend/lover/husband!!!! She is going to be some piece of work with her GIANT EGO, her mother's coddling and super-super-over-indulgence, and her father's crazy way of dealing with her.
    Ya but as she gets older she will learn to rein it in as NO ONE, (girlfriends at school) will want anything to do with her ... its at that point, you hope, she drops all the GIANT EGO nonsense. ITA w/others about Gia's modeling days ... I think she will not have the height at all. I think her parents don't correct her as it is all SHOW for the cameras.
    I think everything that Teresa, Juicy or Gia does while we are watching RHoNJ is FOR THE CAMERAS!!!
    KAREN

  10. #1410
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    She'll be her mother.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.