+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2845Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3902447;
    I believe Albie is already a grad of Fordham ... this week's epi had him wearing a Fordham t-shirt and on the back it said "SENIOR 08"!!! He is like 23yo.

Ashley ... disturbing that she now has a police record ... Jacqueline must be bull at her! Come on now ... to have put her hands on Danielle ... sheesh, these women are a disturbing bunch.
    Um, not to be rude but are you bolding Albie's name to tell me off for calling him "Perfection?"

FORT Fogey

Just wanted to comment on Caroline mentioning to Teresa and Jacqueline that she thought Danielle's daughters' eyes looked "dead" and how she thought they were both "socially awkward." I think it's more that Danielle's daughters seem incredibly bright and more mature than most kids. Someone at Christine's modeling shoot mentioned how poised Christine is, and I think that's spot on. Not only are they both beautiful, IMHO, but they seem to be very self-possessed, and confident.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3905667;
    Just wanted to comment on Caroline mentioning to Teresa and Jacqueline that she thought Danielle's daughters' eyes looked "dead" and how she thought they were both "socially awkward." I think it's more that Danielle's daughters seem incredibly bright and more mature than most kids. Someone at Christine's modeling shoot mentioned how poised Christine is, and I think that's spot on. Not only are they both beautiful, IMHO, but they seem to be very self-possessed, and confident.
    I agree and hopefully they don't get their mom's crazy.

I do agree with Caroline about their eyes...though to me it's more of a look of unhappiness than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3905667;
    I think Caroline was trying to say 'empty'...but chose the wrong way to express it.

D's daughters always look sad and so serious to me. Their eyes mostly stare...and have no emotion in them. To me...they look empty. I don't believe I have heard them randomly just laugh out loud on this show yet.

It's really too bad that they seem to be an after thought or a future meal ticket for their Mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3903232;
    I do not understand why these women are so concerned with Danielle. Don't like her? Great. Keep your kids away from her and move on. To be fair, Danielle should also understand that she's not welcomed in their lives, and find other things to do.
    I feel exactly the same way. They're all addicted to the drama.

BTW, Caroline won't be hanging with the chief for a while.

Kerik, Ex-Police Commissioner, Begins Prison Term - NYTimes.com
    Last edited by NJ EJ; 05-17-2010 at 05:50 PM.

FORT Fogey

Maybe, but I've known people like Danielle's kids when I was growing up (and even as an adult) who are so bright that they're constantly thinking and being more "in their head," and appear as though they're in their own little world. (Or sometimes seem to look "out of it.") I guess that's why I see D's kids as just being really composed, serious, and really bright, but who knows? I, also, think Christine might be more of an introvert, and not necessarily have an outgoing personality.

I've known some very intelligent, accomplished teenagers who have that closed, distant, empty look- they were carrying around almost unbearable sadness about their parent's lives, horrible things that happened within the family.

I think it can be an involuntary defensive guise, sort of self-protective, not being able to show emotion unless it's simple funny stuff of the moment. The sadness comes through. This may be the case with Beverly's daughters. They've been through huge trauma, knowing what their mother really is.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

What did "juicy Joe" say to Gia in the car that upset her so? Did he say that she was acting in an ugly way or did he call her ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3906366;
    What did "juicy Joe" say to Gia in the car that upset her so? Did he say that she was acting in an ugly way or did he call her ugly?
    He said something about the runway being long and ugly ... I cannot quite remember what he said BUT he was not calling Gia ugly at all. Whatever he said was totally unnecessary. Gia took it the wrong way and I think with her little nerves about the fashion show, the whole situation got her very upset.
    Juicy Joe is a JERK! Why does Teresa need to tell us all that her and Joe have sex every day ... ???

Both Gia and Christine did very well with their modeling.

I just wish that week after week all the discussions do not always center around Danielle and the fact none of the other ladies like her ... its getting soooooo old already.

The previews ... someone telling Danielle that someone has a very large tumor ...
    KAREN

Kiz

The previews from last week also showed Joe saying something about Gia being a crybaby (or don't be a crybaby) when she was crying in the car, but I don't think they showed that last night. I don't think he meant to call her ugly, but what a a-hole he was about it. Once he saw her feelings were hurt, he should have immediately backed off. That was not the time or the place to "toughen" her up. Also, wasn't the whole scene with Christine learning the model walk a repeat from last week?

I thought both the girls did a great job too. I was sorry that Christine got sick, but I was glad she got off the stage before she passed out or worse.

How many times have we heard the women obsess on Danielle and Danielle obsess right back?
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread