+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2787Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #1331
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by miry;3901988;

    And because Theresa chose to have Gia and Gia's sisters on the show, she needs to prepare her daughters for these criticisms.

    On Theresa's Bravo blog, she said that Danielle should be wary of Christine going to the modeling world, because she is just a teenager and that if it were one of her daughters, she would scrutinize her decision to allow this to happen. She's doing the same thing to Gia.
    I'm going to assume that she did prepare them but her daughters are far to young to completely understand how mean people can be. Heck, how many times have we read about realty show adults getting upset over the nasty things people have said about them.

    I think that Teresa was looking at Christine's modeling as different from Gia's. Christine is being photographed by high end photographers and she would do high end fashion shows. Gia won't, and while I don't think I'd want my 8 year old daughter to do what Gia is doing, I wouldn't compare Gia's modeling to Christina's modeling at this point.

  2. #1332
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3902006;
    I always felt a little sorry for Ashley actually. See I get the impression that while momma was a single momma, hoofing it on the stages of Vegas (isn't that what she did?), times were lean. But now with Chris's money Ashley's half-brothers CJ and Nicholas will never have to learn how it is to live with less the way she did. The fact that Chris is a push-over and loves to buy her stuff transforms the narrative from tragic to just silly.
    I agree.

    At least Jacqueline took responsibility for the way her daughter is.

  3. #1333
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Housewives Fan;3901937;
    Totally agree on Caroline's kids.

    My kids are close to their ages and I have no issue with them living with me whie they go to school and work. They seem to be working toward a future.
    Well, I think that Perfection who attends Fordham is only home for semester breaks (as is normal).

    Lauren is still at home because I think her mum wants her there and she (to her credit) wants to be there. I'm sure when the time comes she'll move out, but they have a huge house so it's not like they're on top of each other at all times.

    Chris is as you say only 20 and working, and probably being worked to death. If he's at home, he can't fake a sick day or say he didn't know he was schduled. His boss is right there all the time. Poor kid.

  4. #1334
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3902009;
    I'm going to assume that she did prepare them but her daughters are far to young to completely understand how mean people can be. Heck, how many times have we read about realty show adults getting upset over the nasty things people have said about them.

    I think that Teresa was looking at Christine's modeling as different from Gia's. Christine is being photographed by high end photographers and she would do high end fashion shows. Gia won't, and while I don't think I'd want my 8 year old daughter to do what Gia is doing, I wouldn't compare Gia's modeling to Christina's modeling at this point.
    The ladies, IIRC, were very careful.

    Danielle said the doesn't know if Gia has what it takes - and who could. And that she's only 3 feet tall or something - which is true. Nothing she actually said was disparaging, only she did say it with a sneer.

    T'reesa said that she's watch Christine's career - which is sensible. Although she did say it like Danielle would ignore everything around her. Since Christine's both her validation and meal ticket, she'll be watching that girl like a hawk. The one she'll ignore is Othergirl who has less earning potential as yet.

  5. #1335
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    105

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3902009;
    I'm going to assume that she did prepare them but her daughters are far to young to completely understand how mean people can be.
    Which is so ironic, because Theresa (and Caroline...maybe Dina. Who knows, she's been very quiet in these two episodes) is mean. Even unprovoked, she says mean things about people in front of her daughters (according to the toast she gives in a preview of the season's episodes). Let's just hope that Gia and her sisters grow up well adjusted. That's all we can do until the 30 year reunion episode, right?

  6. #1336
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3902011;
    I agree.

    At least Jacqueline took responsibility for the way her daughter is.
    And lets face it, Ashley's far from a monster. She's just misguided, impetuous, and rude. Oh, and demanding. But no worse than most young people of 18-24. Jacquie can't prevent her from leaving the family nest to live with the video tycoon, and I'm sure that if a little one comes along, Ashley will run herself back to momma who'll have to pick up the pieces, but I don't see any evidence that Ashley's been arrested, hurt anyone, or engaged in any felonious behaviour.

    Imagine what it must be like for her (18) to have mum squeeze out a baby who will occupy her time just when you might need guidance.

    BTW: Do you buy that as a child, young Caroline was dumped at a bank and told to go in and open a checking account? Even if she was, it's a dead cert that the bank employees were very helpful.

  7. #1337
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by miry;3902030;
    Which is so ironic, because Theresa (and Caroline...maybe Dina. Who knows, she's been very quiet in these two episodes) is mean. Even unprovoked, she says mean things about people in front of her daughters (according to the toast she gives in a preview of the season's episodes). Let's just hope that Gia and her sisters grow up well adjusted. That's all we can do until the 30 year reunion episode, right?
    Don't forget Danielle in that mix.

  8. #1338
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    105

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3902035;
    I don't see any evidence that Ashley's been arrested, hurt anyone, or engaged in any felonious behaviour.
    Well, she was charged and found guilty of ripping out Danielle/Bev's hair extension. I think she was fined $100 or something ridicious like that. I wonder how long into the season it will be before we get to see what happened. Ashley seems to have an attitude with her mother, but I don't recall her having any interaction with the other housewives.

  9. #1339
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3902035;
    And lets face it, Ashley's far from a monster. She's just misguided, impetuous, and rude. Oh, and demanding. But no worse than most young people of 18-24. Jacquie can't prevent her from leaving the family nest to live with the video tycoon, and I'm sure that if a little one comes along, Ashley will run herself back to momma who'll have to pick up the pieces, but I don't see any evidence that Ashley's been arrested, hurt anyone, or engaged in any felonious behaviour.

    Imagine what it must be like for her (18) to have mum squeeze out a baby who will occupy her time just when you might need guidance.

    BTW: Do you buy that as a child, young Caroline was dumped at a bank and told to go in and open a checking account? Even if she was, it's a dead cert that the bank employees were very helpful.
    Again, I agree. When I was 18, I would have been more grossed out to think that my parents had sex in order to get pregnant. Parents aren't suppose to have sex!

    I rolled my eyes when Ashly said she didn't know how to open up a bank account. It's not like you need to go to college to open up an account. She knows to drive her behind to a bank and they will walk her through it. At the same time, she's 18, didn't most of us already have at least a savings account by then??

  10. #1340
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    105

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3902052;
    Don't forget Danielle in that mix.
    I think we're all well aware of that.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.