+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3474Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Storm915;3900208;
    Wow, I can't understand why everyone is on Danielle's back about how she is raising her daughters..Lets see:

Theresa, dragging her daughter to every agent & go see in NYC, or becoming a maniac at a dinner..classy. And isn't it Jacqueline's 17 year old daughter, brought up the right way, shacking up with a guy 4 years older than her, and her parents really not caring..just that she shapes up or ships out (and takes her laundry with her). Or Dina, who oops...forgot to tell her ex that their daughter will be on a reality show...without his permission. And let's not forget about Caroline's family: Albie is the only stellar attraction, the other two are just future basement dwellers. And while we are at it...how about Caroline herself who spouts one liners out of a comedy central gangster skit, such as: "We are thick as thieves" or "She will never win. She will never win against us. Never,". WTF, is that all about? Everyone on this show is a looney-toons reject needing their brains readjusted.

I know I am in the minorty here so go ahead...let 'er rip!
    Good points, all of them.

Except I have to say I hope Chris Manzo doesn't turn into a basement dweller. I like him - he makes me laugh. Everyone tells him he's inferior to his brother. Why last night on Twitter he actually said "Would everyone please stop referring to me as the Failure son on blogs and forums." I like him because he mostly has a good attitude and good cheer.

Also,

because of that

I find him sexy.

His brother's hair is going to dry up and fall out very soon I predict. It was looking straw-like in the last eppy I saw.

Finally got to see the episode.
    I'm confused about the luncheon.
    They referred to Kim D. in it as the mother of Chris Manzo's friend who is Danielle's friend, not Caroline's.
    I thought Kim D. was the lady sitting next to her - the tall blond with the shoulder length coif who had that horrible dunk boyfriend at Caroline Manzo's party last week. And didn't that lady go on about how she wasn't a friend of Danielle's at all? Why, then, was she at Danielle's luncheon? And, sitting right next to Danielle?

I still don't understand how Danielle got such pretty daughters.
    I really like Caroline's kids.
    Gia is not the most attractive of Teresa's kids, it seems. I find nothing at all cute about her - she's just pretty annoying.
    Where's Dina's daughter, Lexi, this season? I loved the relationship they showed with the 2 of them last season.
    Danielle kept referring to her "modeling days" or some such during the photo shoot.
    I still find it hard to believe she ever modeled anything.
    This season, I'm just finding her very desperate and sad.
    And, poor Christine looks like she's carrying way too much of her Mom's problems on her shoulders. She looks like she's going to crack from the weight of it one day.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Contrary to many previous posters, I actually think Gia is adorable and has a funny personality- I hope she makes it big!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3901484;
    Contrary to many previous posters, I actually think Gia is adorable and has a funny personality- I hope she makes it big!
    I also think she is pretty. I think she is funny and has a lot of confidence and I give Teresa credit because a lot of kids these days don't have enough confidence in themselves.

FORT Fogey

^^ she might. A lot of the time it's more about personality and acting talent than actual looks. I can think of plenty of stars who aren't that pretty, but plenty famous.

FORT Regular

I really prefer not to say mean things about anyones children. Because that's what they are "Kids". Now when they become adults then the gloves are off. That leads me to Ashley. She is a total BRAT.

FORT Fogey

^^agreed, again. That's another thing I didn't understand about Danielle... who did she think said something negative about her kids?? I can't picture any of these women saying bad things about children... except Danielle.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3901670;
    ^^ she might. A lot of the time it's more about personality and acting talent than actual looks. I can think of plenty of stars who aren't that pretty, but plenty famous.
    I agree. Because people don't choose the way they look, that's something that they can't help unless they have cosmetic surgery.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Storm915;3900208;
    Wow, I can't understand why everyone is on Danielle's back about how she is raising her daughters..Lets see:

Theresa, dragging her daughter to every agent & go see in NYC, or becoming a maniac at a dinner..classy. And isn't it Jacqueline's 17 year old daughter, brought up the right way, shacking up with a guy 4 years older than her, and her parents really not caring..just that she shapes up or ships out (and takes her laundry with her). Or Dina, who oops...forgot to tell her ex that their daughter will be on a reality show...without his permission. And let's not forget about Caroline's family: Albie is the only stellar attraction, the other two are just future basement dwellers. And while we are at it...how about Caroline herself who spouts one liners out of a comedy central gangster skit, such as: "We are thick as thieves" or "She will never win. She will never win against us. Never,". WTF, is that all about? Everyone on this show is a looney-toons reject needing their brains readjusted.

I know I am in the minorty here so go ahead...let 'er rip!
    Chris and Jacqueline are very concerned about their daughter. I don't know if you saw in the first episode, the scene where they were both over at the house, but they both gave warnings and expressed reservations - Chris especially. I actually think it's lovely that Chris really cares about Ashley and considers her one of his own, since he's not her biological father, and they didn't get married until she was probably around 10. But Ashley's 18 and they can't make her decisions for her anymore. They can, however, teach her responsibility - like taking her laundry with her.

Where did you get your information about Dina, if you wouldn't mind sharing? Because other than that I think Dina is a very good mother to Lexi.

The other two "basement dwellers" may not be planning on becoming lawyers but I'm sure they'll have to have jobs. They encouraged the daughter to enroll in beauty school, and she did, and ended up enjoying it. Chris is currently working at the Brownstone with his family - there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Loonytoons rejects needing their brains readjusted? That's a little harsh... I actually think these are the best of the Real Housewives bunch, especially Jacqueline and Dina.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3901484;
    I agree. I was getting uncomfortable with those comments.

+ Reply to Thread