+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2903Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3895290;
    I thought that it was funny when Danielle mentioned that Dina once stocked shelves at the salon. Then she said "but I'm not judging"! Judge what? At least Dina had an honest job (unlike crazy, felon, Danielle! I also thought that it was weird that she questioned the fund raiser for the police! They've done this party for years, right? Danielle wants, so badly, to have the same lifestyle as the others. She's so envious of them that it's making her nuts. I'm sure that she's been nuts for years but I think that this show is putting her over the edge.
    That was like the "efforts" and "wit" of a catty b*tch in training - it was obvious, it was cheap, and it was not done well. She's totally schizo on this - one moment she's berating Dina's low (but self-sufficient, self-reliant and very praiseworthy IMHO) career start, the next she's practically blowing her kisses. More and more I find her creepy and sad.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3895385;
    There was no reason to even cast Danielle on this show other than to cause drama.
    That's probably enough of a reason. All smiles and harmony doesn't make for compelling TV.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3896167;
    Danielle is nutterbutter. A devout catholic my right foot. I was waiting for the ceiling to cave in on her.lol
    She's catholic when it's theatrical to be. How "Catholic" is it to complain that your bf went someplace else because after all, you've got the ... erm ... chuckie?

Her confessor-priest looked confused and I wondered if he were a bell-hop shoved into a Roman collar for the day. I mean they didn't hide that he wasn't her 'reglar' priest.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3896506;
    I just hope this entire season will not be about how much everyone hates Danielle and how much Danielle hates everyone ... come on that will be one big bore.
    but how are they going to top an upturned table? All I've noticed is "(s)he's gotta knife!" and something about Christopher Manzo being underage (the tender youth).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tracyt888;3899453;
    Oh my gosh I feel so sorry for Danielles two daughters -- to have a mother like that --it is all about Danielle - the celebratory luncheon so she could show off to HER friends - instead of having a realy party to celebrate and have some of her daughters friends - just sad. And the looks on her daughters face during the shoot when Danielle would not shut up --both of her girls are beautiful (look nothing like mommy) and need a real mother -- not a self absorbed drama queen. Let these girls be children and have a childhood -- it really bothered me when she took them with her to do the drive by at Carolines party - the woman is just plain nuts/scary.
    They're being deprived of a normal childhood because their mother treats them like confidantes, thrusting them into roles for which they are not or are ill-prepared. She shouldn't be turning to them for advice all the time, no matter how "spot on" they are. (It was sad to see her admit that with their 15 years they're saner than her with her 45.)

I really don't think Danielle ever grew up. So she can't relate to kids as a grown up but as a sort of lost fellow child, wandering around, one big raw open wound, constantly provoking negative attention because it's at least attention. No wonder the kids have to take on the parent role, well ahead of their time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Housewives Fan;3899521;
    Why would she have two empty chairs at the party? Right next to her too. Why announce that two people wouldn't come? That is the strangest thing. Isn't that insulting to the guests that DID come?
    It's her usual poor-me why-me I'm-such-a-victim act. "I asked these people to come but they wouldn't. You all at least are my real friends (or wanted free lunch), so love me love me hug me me me me." She even ended by saying "Yeay Me!" Sad and juvenile.

She is crying about not having money to fix her house. How much does it cost to remove a nail?
    And for gosh's sakes what does she do with her time that she doesn't have time to do that? She could get a nice claw hammer, some spackle and a spreader for half of what she spent on her mani-pedi. And feel like she'd accomplished something. It's not that hard. If she hadn't alienated everyone I bet Joe-friend-to-all-gays would have helped, or Chris Laurita...But - did you see how dated that house looks? It's trapped in the eighties. Much like DannyBev herself.

How much did that luncheon cost?
    More than it was worth.

If the party was to celebrate her daughter then why wasn't she in a place of honor at the table? Was she AT the table?
    Nope, but it was all about Danielle's deep and sad need for attention and validation. And drama. It was as if she'd personally molded Christine's face when she said "I gave birth to THAT" waving the magazine around in everyone's face. Be proud of your childrens' accomplishments, character, kindness, responsibility; any old statue can look nice; it's not an achievement.

Why is Danielle left alone with children? Do those children have a father?
    God help us - the lesser of two genuine evils?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3899532;
    I wouldn't be insulted if I were a guest..Dina did say she invited people at the grocery store.....if I were a guest I'd be a combination of worried that if I made the wrong move Danielle might cut me and jumping at the bit to tell people just how insane she is. The woman is certifiable. The entire luncheon she seemed off her rocker and I found it interesting how she had Caroline's friend (or who she thought was Caroline's friend) sit two people away from her.
    Dinner with Danielle - with a side of indigestion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3899744;
    In one of the blogs today on the Bravo site, I think it may have been Dina's, he said she once asked Danielle why she didn't get a job and Danielle said she is 'too pretty to work'
    If that's the case, she's underqualified.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3899809;
    And I am glad Albie and Vito had their chat and cleared the air.
    Yeah, it was like Sopranos Lite. Veedoh's got respeckt. (Or else he will be found naked in the back of a Lincoln with four bullets in him...just sayin'.)

I am sorry to say this but I think the only reason Gia got the modeling job is it is a PERK for the PR Agency ... they saw the cameras and thought ... hmm!
    I don't know that there would be any other conclusion except what Tess dreams up.

I should not have commented on Gia's looks. She is a child. I apologize.

+ Reply to Thread