+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2848Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by miry;3900741;
    I don't think Gia is cute at all. She's trying to walk the catwalk like what her version of an adult model would be. Hands on her hips doing her best Blue Steel. She had her eyes rolled so far into her head, she looked possessed.
    Well she obviously learned to walk the catwalk from watching Ramona. Those EYES!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3900766;
    OMG Gia is EIGHT! How much talent do you expect a typical eight year old to have??
    I would hope some discernible talent if your mother is always taking you to movie, television, and fashion show auditions.

Well she obviously learned to walk the catwalk from watching Ramona. Those EYES!
    It's like an epidemic with the crazy eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by miry;3900896;
    I would hope some discernible talent if your mother is always taking you to movie, television, and fashion show auditions.
    I still fail to see how an eight year old would have enough experience to have the talent that you feel she should have. She has to learn somewhere and what better way than to take her to these auditions.

Not that Gia will ever be an Oscar winner or a supermodel, but they all started somewhere. I'll be willing to bet most supermodels didn't have a clue as to how to walk a catwalk.

Also, you could go back to watch a lot of award winning actors and it can be argued that they were at one time talentless early on in their career.

Anyway, I don't think we should be talking about an eight year old negatively. Yes, she's on this show but she's too young to understand the possible ramifications that come with being on a show.

Kiz

Anyone who equates class with income ought to watch an episode of "Real Housewives." I think some of the income is suspect...living way beyond their means, but regardless, I can't imagine a more classless bunch. I've only seen RHNJ, but from what I've gleaned from the scuttlebutt surrounding the other "housewives", they're all pretty similar. (Jacqueline and Dina to a lessor degree than the others).

I detest the Caroline contingent the most. I think it's because I have a visceral reaction to bullies, and Caroline and Teresa in particular seem to take great satisfaction in skewering Danielle. I'm not saying Danielle doesn't make it easy for them, but in this case it would behoove C & T to take the high road, which I don't believe is anywhere on their GPS. I forget Jacqueline's husband's name, but the way he talked to J about keeping her distance from Danielle was mature and thoughtful. It kind of makes me sick to see the way C & T yak and belittle Danielle because it just plays into the mean girls that never grow up (catty) stereotype of women. There's absolutely no reason to associate with someone as vindictive with shades of a personality disorder(s)...maybe even more than shades, but I'm not a psychologist and we're only seeing the carefully edited version of Danielle that's being shown for optimal ratings...but they need not fuel the flames.

As for Gia, I think she and her sister are both cute as buttons. Even though I really can't stand the women, and I think their parenting 'skills' are sorely lacking (excluding Dina...not sure what happened with the Danielle business with her Dina's ex, but she seems like a loving mom who has a good handle on discipline). I'm sure the other moms love their kids, but they aren't doing them any favors by the permissive environments they're being brought up in. Danielle is in a whole other category. Her sweet girls are being exposed to explicit adult situations, and if I were the ex, I'd be pounding down the door for custody.

Well, that's my ax to grind...I find few redeeming qualities in any of them...lol
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Regular

IMHO the relatives plus Teresa dislike Danielle because she's a reminder of who they are/were/may become. They cling to & repeat ad nauseum her collosial mistakes from 25 years ago in an attempt to convince themselves they're nothing like her. All of them married for money, gained alleged elite social status from their spouse's or his family's accomplishments, are self-absorbed, have undergone plastic surgery, have questionable parenting at times, gossip, etc. How are they any different?

Caroline, Dina, Jacqueline, & Teresa are supposedly in secure & loving marriages, while Danielle isn't. Should a husband leave any one of them, IMHO Caroline, Dina, Jacqueline, or Teresa would also be searching for another sugar daddy...

Danielle - The luncheon was obviously a Bravo set-up, including the awkward mention of absent attendees & the questioning of a guest about her status with Caroline, to justify its filming. Regardless her numerous faults & possible mental instability, she &/or her ex-dh have/has obviously done something right; her children seem well-adjusted, confident, & with common sense (although a bit nervous being filmed).

Dina - Like last season, I find her boring & sad.

Jacqueline - She seems like the most respectful of the cast. However, she appears to have failed her dd by admittedly not having prepared her for the world - no college, job, skills, common sense, accountability, responsibility, etc. (probably because she was too distracted finding a wealthy dh). I hope Ashley finds her path.

Teresa - Does she have conversations with adults in any setting that don't include details of intimacy with her dh? She's purposely & proudly raising her daughters to be obnoxious divas. Given she's the author of the Skinny Italian book, a pantry fully-stocked with junk food was surprising last week! Here's hoping Bravo will purchase another room of furniture for her this season to reduce the echo throughout her empty house when they film there!

Caroline - She's simply a bully. IMHO belittling children as a means to hurt another person speaks volumes about her character. I found it ironic that she claimed Danielle's children were socially awkward. Moments before making the statement hadn't she just participated in Teresa's discussion about last night's positions/body/relations with her dh at the outset of the same lunch in a public restaurant? Didn't we see her adult children unapologetically having a "ham game" in the kitchen (of their family home, where, incidently, all three adult children still live!). Her feigning surprise & threatened that anyone would talk like Danielle (quoting something to the effect of I'll be at your door & I won't come alone) was ironic, given her own constant mafia/Soprana-inspired one-liners!

Looking forward to next week's show...

FORT Regular

Danielle is in a whole other category. Her sweet girls are being exposed to explicit adult situations...
    Agreed. I also feel the same about Teresa's children. Based exclusively on show footage, Teresa discusses her body as well as details of her & Joe's relations ad nauseum, screams obscenities, has physical altercations, must be restrained, causes property damage, gossips, etc. publicly/on camera while her (& others') children are present.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3900995;
    Agreed. I also feel the same about Teresa's children. Based exclusively on show footage, Teresa discusses her body as well as details of her & Joe's relations ad nauseum, screams obscenities, has physical altercations, must be restrained, causes property damage, gossips, etc. publicly/on camera while her (& others') children are present.
    I almost included Teresa, but I couldn't remember if she behaved that way in front of her girls, although I did think her children were sometimes present. (My memory is tanking, so I don't always trust it......lol) I'm glad you added that Teresa was also guilty of including her young girls (and others) in conversations and actions that they should be shielded from.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3893738;
    As Caroline might say-
    Does Kim have a nice little shop?
    Yes.
    Do we want her on the show?
    No.
    Will we be vetting her and maybe investigating her?
    Yes.
    Will she ever be part of our clan?
    No.

That said, Kim from Posche is a double-dog twit with fish lips. Does anyone think she's a fine gal?
    I hope to h*ll she never comes on the show...or maybe that she does and her two-facedness is exposed. There's a word for women like her but it's rarely used in polite FORT threads.

Unless we're discussing kennels.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3894333;
    I too, was really shocked to hear Theresa's daughter's comments about Jewish people -- and deeply saddened to imagine what could have cause her to say such a thing. And I was very upset with Bravo for leaving it in. It is just this kind of thing that perpetuates stereotypes and bad feelings for people of other races and religions.
    All she said was that the kids will have to have payess...she probably only sees Orthodox Jews as 'Jews' and non-Orthodox as no different from her or her Tonka Toy Daddy.

Frankly I couldn't find much reason to be offended by Gia's comment. Teresa's stereotyping (gay men loooove to shop, Jewish men make faaaabulous husbands), coming from a purportedly fully grown adult, were more disappointing.

Or with her, maybe not 'disappointing' as much as 'unsurprising.'

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3894485;
    I will say I thought the other NJ thread was going to be STRICTLY spoilers ... as you put that in the title BUT its not, posters are discussing the show. So that to me is confusing because I love to read everything about the show and I am finding I am bouncing between BOTH threads now not to miss something interesting our FORT posters might say about the NJ wives.

I think we should have ONE NJ thread and if you want to have two, then have that JUST spoilers ... that way if someone does NOT want spoilers they won't read that thread ....
    That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it!

+ Reply to Thread