+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2715Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Just listened to Elena Kagan's nomination acceptance speech - omg, her voice, inflections, pronunciation and all, sounds just like Caroline Manzo! Not just east-coast, but Manzo through and through.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

New episode going on now ... anyone watching? I am, but I'm usually watching the one at the next hour because I'm taping Castle and CSI. Tonight, however, Oklahoma had a billion (exaggeration!) tornadoes in our area and the news trumped CSI.

Danielle's daughter didn't expect her to take part in her shoot. Can't really blame her.

Looks like Caroline is on D's list this season. I wouldn't put Caroline on my list.

I'm glad that both girls got to participate in Fashion Week. Danielle ... Gia is 8. She's not going to be 6 feet tall. "Just sayin"
    Last edited by mom2; 05-10-2010 at 10:45 PM.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Oh my gosh I feel so sorry for Danielles two daughters -- to have a mother like that --it is all about Danielle - the celebratory luncheon so she could show off to HER friends - instead of having a realy party to celebrate and have some of her daughters friends - just sad. And the looks on her daughters face during the shoot when Danielle would not shut up --both of her girls are beautiful (look nothing like mommy) and need a real mother -- not a self absorbed drama queen. Let these girls be children and have a childhood -- it really bothered me when she took them with her to do the drive by at Carolines party - the woman is just plain nuts/scary.

FORT Fanatic

I know this is crazy, and I don't watch AMC, but a lady at Danielle's party looked just like Edna from AMC, red hair and all!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Why would she have two empty chairs at the party? Right next to her too. Why announce that two people wouldn't come? That is the strangest thing. Isn't that insulting to the guests that DID come?

She is crying about not having money to fix her house. How much does it cost to remove a nail?

How much did that luncheon cost?

If the party was to celebrate her daughter then why wasn't she in a place of honor at the table? Was she AT the table?

Why is Danielle left alone with children? Do those children have a father?

Quote Originally Posted by Housewives Fan;3899521;
    Why would she have two empty chairs at the party? Right next to her too. Why announce that two people wouldn't come? That is the strangest thing. Isn't that insulting to the guests that DID come?
    I wouldn't be insulted if I were a guest..Dina did say she invited people at the grocery store.....if I were a guest I'd be a combination of worried that if I made the wrong move Danielle might cut me and jumping at the bit to tell people just how insane she is. The woman is certifiable. The entire luncheon she seemed off her rocker and I found it interesting how she had Caroline's friend (or who she thought was Caroline's friend) sit two people away from her.

I think she is a horrible mother. HORRIBLE!! Maybe it was editing but her daughters look so pained all the time. The photo shoot was all about Danielle. The party was disguised as a party for her daughter but was actually all about Danielle. I can not imagine being that way if my (phantom) daughter was at a photo shot.

Christina is a beautiful girl hopefully she doesn't get her mom's crazy. If I were her daughters I would do what I could to get my self out of that house when I was 18.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 05-11-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Christine is a beautiful girl. If she's smart she'll get out of the house and away from the crazy mother when she's 18. You could tell D. wants her daughter to be a supermodel and make alot of money so she will support her.
    The lunch D. had for her daughter, who wasn't there, was weird!
    Good for Jacqueline for not taking any crap from her daughter. The girl is 18, let her be on her own and take care of herself if she won't follow the rules at her mothers home.

Danielle makes it ALL about her. I can't believe she is allowed to raise those children.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Housewives Fan;3899521;

She is crying about not having money to fix her house. How much does it cost to remove a nail?

How much did that luncheon cost?

If the party was to celebrate her daughter then why wasn't she in a place of honor at the table? Was she AT the table?

Why is Danielle left alone with children? Do those children have a father?
    I was asking myself exactly the same questions! I don't know anything about the girls' father except what I've read here, which does not speak well of him. I think those girls feel like they NEED to take care of their mother emotionally, which is so sad. Apparently Christine (is that the older daughter's name?) will soon be taking care of her mother financially, too. That woman is a total leech! Why doesn't she work, or is she too busy sitting around scheming and complaining about how she has to struggle to pay the bills. She couldn't find a rich man to take care of her, so now she has a goldmine of a teen-aged daughter to do it! I guess D figured she could afford the fancy luncheon because she will soon be the mother of a rich supermodel who is a minor. Hope the girl gets herself a really good manager with her best interests at heart financially. Wonder whether D can be prevented from using all her daughter's money as she sees fit. Maybe someone will advise the daughter to emancipate herself and get away from mommy dearest.

What was with all those women at the luncheon? They acted like they really ARE her friends. Is it possible that such a selfish, scheming, back-stabbing woman could have friends? Or are they all a bunch of phonies, too? I don't think it was insulting to the guests to announce that two invitees didn't come, but D was obviously a jerk to even mention it. She obviously had an agenda for that luncheon in addition to preening (undeservedly, as far as her involvement) about her daughter's success. Disgusting that she didn't give her daughter a party to celebrate with her own friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3899682;
    I was asking myself exactly the same questions! I don't know anything about the girls' father except what I've read here, which does not speak well of him. I think those girls feel like they NEED to take care of their mother emotionally, which is so sad. Apparently Christine (is that the older daughter's name?) will soon be taking care of her mother financially, too. That woman is a total leech! Why doesn't she work, or is she too busy sitting around scheming and complaining about how she has to struggle to pay the bills. She couldn't find a rich man to take care of her, so now she has a goldmine of a teen-aged daughter to do it! I guess D figured she could afford the fancy luncheon because she will soon be the mother of a rich supermodel who is a minor. Hope the girl gets herself a really good manager with her best interests at heart financially. Wonder whether D can be prevented from using all her daughter's money as she sees fit. Maybe someone will advise the daughter to emancipate herself and get away from mommy dearest.

What was with all those women at the luncheon? They acted like they really ARE her friends. Is it possible that such a selfish, scheming, back-stabbing woman could have friends? Or are they all a bunch of phonies, too? I don't think it was insulting to the guests to announce that two invitees didn't come, but D was obviously a jerk to even mention it. She obviously had an agenda for that luncheon in addition to preening (undeservedly, as far as her involvement) about her daughter's success. Disgusting that she didn't give her daughter a party to celebrate with her own friends.
    In one of the blogs today on the Bravo site, I think it may have been Dina's, he said she once asked Danielle why she didn't get a job and Danielle said she is 'too pretty to work'

+ Reply to Thread