+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2845Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

The reason I started the other thread is so that we could have somewhere to discuss episodes since this thread is already so long. I don't know about the rest of you but giant threads intimidate me and scare me off from posting. I thought if we had threads for each episode that were smaller and more readable, maybe we would get more people posting about the show since there wasn't one long thread to keep up with. Also, you could read what happened on a certain episode without having to sort through a bunch of posts on one thread. I've asked the mods to set up a subforum for the Jersey girls since they're just suppose to be the most popular but haven't heard anything on it.

In Theresa's blog, she claims that the big stuffed pony was in much worse shape than it appeared. said the stuffing was coming out of it and it was filthy. I don't know how much I believe this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by miry;3893616;
    I was shocked at Theresa's daughter's comment about Jewish people. She learned it somewhere. . .
    I too, was really shocked to hear Theresa's daughter's comments about Jewish people -- and deeply saddened to imagine what could have cause her to say such a thing. And I was very upset with Bravo for leaving it in. It is just this kind of thing that perpetuates stereotypes and bad feelings for people of other races and religions.

I was a little uncomfortable when Gia (that's the oldest daughter, right?) made the comment about some Jewish men but I don't think it's fair to assume that she learned that from her family. She does go to school, it's very possible that she learned that from other school kids

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3894244;
    The reason I started the other thread is so that we could have somewhere to discuss episodes since this thread is already so long. I don't know about the rest of you but giant threads intimidate me and scare me off from posting. I thought if we had threads for each episode that were smaller and more readable, maybe we would get more people posting about the show since there wasn't one long thread to keep up with. Also, you could read what happened on a certain episode without having to sort through a bunch of posts on one thread. I've asked the mods to set up a subforum for the Jersey girls since they're just suppose to be the most popular but haven't heard anything on it.
    It's a great idea, but a lot of times we talk about a lot of different episodes at once, or past seasons, or patterns of behavior we've seen in the women, stuff like that. So maybe that's why people are still mostly posting here? It will be nice to have both, though, for sure!

I did not watch the first season when it was on, but managed to catch a bunch of episodes this past weekend on the marathon. Then, last night, I saw the first season reunion, followed by the first episode of the second season again. Here is my question - what the heck is wrong with Danielle? Seriously? She was upset she wasn't invited to a benefit at Caroline's house? I watched the reunion where Caroline said she didn't like her and would never be friends with her. So why the heck would Danielle think she WOULD be invited to anything at Caroline's house? And then to seriously contemplate DRIVING BY? With her kids in the car??? What the heck - seriously, Danielle is all kinds of crazy! Is there some back story I am missing her that makes this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3894397;
    I was a little uncomfortable when Gia (that's the oldest daughter, right?) made the comment about some Jewish men but I don't think it's fair to assume that she learned that from her family. She does go to school, it's very possible that she learned that from other school kids
    I agree, because Teresa did look genuinely surprised as Gia said she is not going to marry a Jewish person. Teresa then said "why" ... and Gia would have yelled back ... "because you said so" ... or whatever IF Teresa had indeed said something about Jewish people. I am also surprised that Bravo left it in.
    I will say, I put the subtitles on my tv and rewound what she said AND I still did not get it ...
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3894244;
    I will say I thought the other NJ thread was going to be STRICTLY spoilers ... as you put that in the title BUT its not, posters are discussing the show. So that to me is confusing because I love to read everything about the show and I am finding I am bouncing between BOTH threads now not to miss something interesting our FORT posters might say about the NJ wives.

I think we should have ONE NJ thread and if you want to have two, then have that JUST spoilers ... that way if someone does NOT want spoilers they won't read that thread ... but two threads discussing one show is CONFUSING.

KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3894470;
    I agree, because Teresa did look genuinely surprised as Gia said she is not going to marry a Jewish person. Teresa then said "why" ... and Gia would have yelled back ... "because you said so" ... or whatever IF Teresa had indeed said something about Jewish people. I am also surprised that Bravo left it in.
    I will say, I put the subtitles on my tv and rewound what she said AND I still did not get it ...
    The little girl made the comment that she didn't want to marry a Jewish man because of their hair... If you watch closely you will see her pointing to her hair making a gesture about hasidic hair curls that Orthodox Jewish men sometimes have... I am pretty sure that is what she was saying... But to me that is just a little girl unfamiliar with Jewish customs... But I was surprised they left it in the show. Comes off like Bravo wants to show that family as ignorant...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3894485 View Post
    I will say I thought the other NJ thread was going to be STRICTLY spoilers ... as you put that in the title BUT its not, posters are discussing the show. So that to me is confusing because I love to read everything about the show and I am finding I am bouncing between BOTH threads now not to miss something interesting our FORT posters might say about the NJ wives.

I think we should have ONE NJ thread and if you want to have two, then have that JUST spoilers ... that way if someone does NOT want spoilers they won't read that thread ... but two threads discussing one show is CONFUSING.

I put "spoilers" in the title because when east coast viewers are watching the show, anything they post about that episode is a spoiler for viewers on the west coast. This is done for all episode discussions that I've seen due to the whole east/west coast viewing difference.

+ Reply to Thread