+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3893400;
    This is a REALLY stupid thing that bothered me BUT Teresa's husband shoving the giant, pink, stuffed pony in the recycle bin made me so mad! What? They can't donate used toys to charity?What a waste! Some little girl somewhere would have LOVED that!
    That bothered me, too. Their girls get tired of a toy so they throw it away? A stuffed animal that size is expensive, and it didn't look worn or anything. Who cares if Theresa is bothered by another child touching a used toy ... it's not her child who'll be touching it! I'm sure this scene was deliberately filmed to show how wasteful and and insensitive these people are living in their mansions. It was funny Danielle was complaining about scrounging to pay her bills, while there she sits getting a pedicure and shopping in what was undoubtedly a pricey little boutique.

I couldn't figure out what stupid thing Theresa's daughter said about Jewish people, but where do you think she learned it? Seems the most level-headed of the bunch, at least on last night's show, was Dina. She seems to be a bit deeper in terms of values than the rest ... but most likely before long that impression will be blown to bits. I also liked Jacqueline's husband last night. He has a way of making a point assertively and directly, yet calmly and reasonably.

My question also ... what RHoNJ thread are we supposed to be posting in?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3893539;
    That bothered me, too. Their girls get tired of a toy so they throw it away? A stuffed animal that size is expensive, and it didn't look worn or anything. Who cares if Theresa is bothered by another child touching a used toy ... it's not her child who'll be touching it! I'm sure this scene was deliberately filmed to show how wasteful and and insensitive these people are living in their mansions. It was funny Danielle was complaining about scrounging to pay her bills, while there she sits getting a pedicure and shopping in what was undoubtedly a pricey little boutique.

I couldn't figure out what stupid thing Theresa's daughter said about Jewish people, but where do you think she learned it? Seems the most level-headed of the bunch, at least on last night's show, was Dina. She seems to be a bit deeper in terms of values than the rest ... but most likely before long that impression will be blown to bits. I also liked Jacqueline's husband last night. He has a way of making a point assertively and directly, yet calmly and reasonably.

My question also ... what RHoNJ thread are we supposed to be posting in?
    Since I'm on the WC, I got the heads up to watch that spot when i read this thread.
    Gia, the liuttle girl, seemed to be referring to the religious Hassidic Jews who have the long paises (sp?) on the sides of heir faces. She mentioned hair and made a motion on the side of her face.
    I was surprised they left that in, as Andy Cohen is Jewish.

I really liked Dina at that party last night, but then again she's probably 1 of my favorites on this show. She just seems very natural and down to earth. And I do love her daughter. She seems to be doing something right there.

Did Teresa have the baby? I don't remember seeing it. I guess they didn't want to show 2 new babies on this show.

Wht was up with that lady / boyfriend at the dinner party Caroline gave? That guy was so drunk, he looked like he was going to fall over any minute. And, she was very two-faced. She should have expressed her problem to Danielle directly, not snicker and badmouth her behind her back.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

I didn't like that shop owner either. From her behavior, she probably wants to get a starring credit on the show by either being friends with Danielle or the rest of the housewives. Also, if she has a problem with Danielle owing her money for purchases, she shouldn't let her have a tab.

I was shocked at Theresa's daughter's comment about Jewish people. She learned it somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised if she got it from Theresa or Joe.

Theresa is a little Danielle-crazy, huh? In the previews, she's always dumping on the woman. Yes, I understand you don't like her, but you're always bringing her up in random conversation (like toasts at dinner). Also, "Danielle, you put the c*** in contradiction." That didn't make any sense.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 05-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3893575;
    Since I'm on the WC, I got the heads up to watch that spot when i read this thread.
    Gia, the liuttle girl, seemed to be referring to the religious Hassidic Jews who have the long paises (sp?) on the sides of heir faces. She mentioned hair and made a motion on the side of her face.
    I was surprised they left that in, as Andy Cohen is Jewish. I really liked Dina at that party last night, but then again she's probably 1 of my favorites on this show. She just seems very natural and down to earth. And I do love her daughter. She seems to be doing something right there.

Did Teresa have the baby? I don't remember seeing it. I guess they didn't want to show 2 new babies on this show.

Wht was up with that lady / boyfriend at the dinner party Caroline gave? That guy was so drunk, he looked like he was going to fall over any minute. And, she was very two-faced. She should have expressed her problem to Danielle directly, not snicker and badmouth her behind her back.
    I really think that between leaving that in, showing Joe stuffing the perfectly good big toy pony in the garbage, and some of the dumb things they show Theresa saying, that Andy Cohen is making a statement about that family, and it's not a particularly positive one. Actually, they're all pretty much shown as having more money than they know what to do with. As a former resident of NJ, believe me, that is not the case for the majority of the population. Dina did get a good edit last night, and I really liked her positive attitude (and love for her cats!), especially in contrast to all the trouble-making going on with the others. I hope the boutique owner does not become a regular on the show. She's completely unpleasant and two-faced, and her duck lips were bothering me.

Theresa did have the baby IRL, but I don't think they showed anything about it yet. She was stilll pregnant at Caroline's party. I guess we'll have to wait to see the reaction to yet another girl. Since Theresa made a point of telling us that she and Joe have a very active sex life, maybe they'll keep trying for a boy.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 05-04-2010 at 05:13 PM.

THanks, Lucky. I didn't see Joe throwing out the toy.
    I would tend to agree with you, then, that Bravo probably did choose to air it, along with the religion comment.

Is Kim from Posche going to be a regular on the show!! OMG. Between she / the boyfriend, she's really up there in Danielle's territory, isn't she??
    To Thine Own Self Be True

As Caroline might say-
    Does Kim have a nice little shop?
    Yes.
    Do we want her on the show?
    No.
    Will we be vetting her and maybe investigating her?
    Yes.
    Will she ever be part of our clan?
    No.

That said, Kim from Posche is a double-dog twit with fish lips. Does anyone think she's a fine gal?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3888562;
    Teresa, Caroline and Jackie. I thought it was good. Jay asked if they were anything like the Jersey Shore kiddos ... they said absolutely NOT ... Caroline said her father would have killed her if she acted anything like those kiddos. Jay asked then if they were more like Sopranos ... they all laughed and actually said they were quite boring. They said that BRAVO came into their salon and asked the owners if they knew of any ladies that would be interested in the show ... the owners of the salon suggested the ladies ... Caroline then said they all agreed to do the show but thought to themselves ... "who would watch us, we are sooooo boring" ... WELL, I guess NJ is the most popular "Housewives" show!!!! It was a fun interview.
    They should have answered they were worse than the "Jersey Shore kiddos." They have to be kidding -- and they're adults. They're rude, mean-spirited (if you're not part of their family) and Theresa................wish Snooky (sp?) would kick her ass. ;-) Just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3893748;
    They should have answered they were worse than the "Jersey Shore kiddos." They have to be kidding -- and they're adults. They're rude, mean-spirited (if you're not part of their family) and Theresa................wish Snooky (sp?) would kick her ass. ;-) Just sayin!
    Teresa has THREE and possibly FOUR (isn't the new baby a girl) Snooky's in the making IN THAT HOUSEHOLD!!!
    KAREN

I just caught the new season beginner. Danielle is still crazy. She is the Kelly of Jersey. I wonder if Caroline is going to ne the Jill of Jersey.

So the shop owner is going to be a new Housewive? Here eyes are creepy light.

FORT Fogey

I think that it's interesting because they're all right about Danielle being crazy and dangerous and an unhealthy person to be around, but they're all going about it in different and sometimes mean ways. Jacqueline is trying to keep the peace, Dina's trying to give her another chance, Caroline is holding a grudge, and Theresa is just a mean, mean girl.

I wonder, sometimes, how Caroline and Dina were brought up. It seems as though Caroline may have had to be the protector, and take care of her siblings, and it's a habit she can't get out of.

It's interesting, at that dinner party, when Danielle's "friend" was talking so terribly about her, Dina and Jacqueline looked genuinely unhappy and uncomfortable, Caroline contributed a little, and Theresa would not stop talking about it.

I was pleased with the exchange between Jacqueline and Chris regarding Danielle. I think it's appropriate for Chris to have concerns about Danielle, and I think he voiced them in an appropriate, respectful way. And Jacquelilne stood her ground. It was nice to see a functional relationship!

I like these women the best, I think, because they are true to who they are, for better or worse, with the exception of Danielle. My heart hurt for her girls trapped in the backseat, mothering their mother.

+ Reply to Thread