+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2801Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

If all it was was about contracts for the show, then Caroline Manzo is the Queen of Over-reaction.

I believe the "gag order" imposed by Dina gave Danielle the opportunity to make up whatever she wanted about the squabble, and she did. No one would get that emotional over a contract regarding the show ... it was a personal issue.

FORT Fogey

They would get that emotional if it was a contract regarding Lexi. I've heard that maybe it was about whether or not Lexi's father gave permission for her to be on the show...? That could possibly dredge up old issues between Dina and Ex and maybe put Lexi in a tough spot.

However, it can't have been something terribly awful since Dina forgave her, and she (hopefully) wouldn't have if it'd had something to do with Lexi's safety or her custody over Lexi.

Kiz

For all Teresa's talk of Danielle and "drama, drama, drama"...the two queens of drama were Teresa and Caroline, hands down. It might have been that Dina genuinely overlooked getting Lexi's dad's permission to put Lexi in the reality show, however, I can also understand the dad being upset if he felt it was done behind his back. It sounds like all was resolved by the time of the reunion show, but Caroline turned the molehill into a mountain. Danielle was right that it was none of her business, and I'm glad she admitted that and owned up to getting involved in something that she shouldn't have.

After Caroline's vicious verbal attack on Danielle (and calling someone garbage is pretty low), I believed it must have been something as seedy as a possible affair or, at least, a heavy flirtation with Tommy. Caroline's reaction was so overwrought and hateful, I thought it had to be something of that magnitude that had not been resolved.

I'm sure Danielle's longterm friendship with Dina's ex s-i-l must put even more strain on the relationship between the families. Caroline strikes me as a woman possessed once she has it in for someone. Given her, "I don't like you before I like you attitude," a scorched earth policy for anyone who crosses her isn't surprising.
    Last edited by Kiz; 07-21-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3595538;
    For all Teresa's talk of Danielle and "drama, drama, drama"...the two queens of drama were Teresa and Caroline, hands down. It might have been that Dina genuinely overlooked getting Lexi's dad's permission to put Lexi in the reality show, however, I can also understand the dad being upset if he felt it was done behind his back. It sounds like all was resolved by the time of the reunion show, but Caroline turned the molehill into a mountain. Danielle was right that it was none of her business, and I'm glad she admitted that and owned up to getting involved in something that she shouldn't have.

After Caroline's vicious verbal attack on Danielle (and calling someone garbage is pretty low), I believed it must have been something as seedy as a possible affair or, at least, a heavy flirtation with Tommy. Caroline's reaction was so overwrought and hateful, I thought it had to be something of that magnitude that had not been resolved.

I'm sure Danielle's longterm friendship with Dina's ex s-i-l must put even more strain on the relationship between the families. Caroline strikes me as a woman possessed once she has it in for someone. Given her, "I don't like you before I like you attitude," a scorched earth policy for anyone who crosses her isn't surprising.
    Theresa called Danielle 'drama drama drama' when discussing Danielle's perfectly reasonable objection to Joe's string of gay slurs. And Danielle sat silently through it, either too discreet or too blitzed to reply.

Was it me or did the anger/controversy between Dina and Danielle get worse throughout the show. I mean at little CJ's (?) birthday party, they stiffly hugged, and Dina just said that she wasn't fond of Danielle and wouldn't be best friends. Danielle really wanted to be friends with her (which might equate to Danelle really wanted the controversy over).

The really spiteful backbiting seemed to emanate from Theresa and her fear of sexual misconduct and dirt and Caroline and her exaggerated sense of responsibility for protecting her family.

(I loved how she was going to step in and step on Danielle if she raped or groped poor shrinking violet frail Albie. 100 lb Danielle could easily knock him to the ground and have her way with Albie if she wanted, right, Caroline? On the other hand, Caroline may have been on to something - look how easily Theresa, 120 lbs of Jew-dice hate, flung

handsome

sexy

funny

charming

Christopher across the room. Maybe i ragazzi Manzo are more frail than they look.)

But returning from a momentary daydream about Christopher (oh! yummy man with that huge grin), it all seemed to go 'pear shaped' half way through and went from Caroline basically just being rude and impolite about Danielle (but still going to her house for a 'spa' evening) to the baroque performance at the reunion show, which surely was worthy of a particularly tragic opera - she out Verde'd Verde.

So either something else happened between the start of filming and the end, in addition to the book, or Bravo made it appear so, or Caroline is really off her rocker and got worse. By the end of the show if you remember she's off buying Bernie Kerick's attack hounds and hurling epithets. I think Caroline and Theresa are as insane as each other. Both have a deep seated fear of chaos and disorder, of things being out of control and themselves being unable to survive.

(And does anyone notice how upset it makes Theresa when somebody 'disrespects' her husband? What is he - a gangsta? Ooops, mustn't ask that.)

I feel more and more sorry for Danielle. Nobody made the effort to ask her about 'the book.' Everybody turned on her. Nobody could say what, precisely, it was that made that happen or what made her 'garbage.'

And nobody thought, nobody remembered, NOT ONE PERSON DEIGNED to chuck Christopher Manzo my way.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3599126;
    Theresa called Danielle 'drama drama drama' when discussing Danielle's perfectly reasonable objection to Joe's string of gay slurs. And Danielle sat silently through it, either too discreet or too blitzed to reply.

Was it me or did the anger/controversy between Dina and Danielle get worse throughout the show. I mean at little CJ's (?) birthday party, they stiffly hugged, and Dina just said that she wasn't fond of Danielle and wouldn't be best friends. Danielle really wanted to be friends with her (which might equate to Danelle really wanted the controversy over).

The really spiteful backbiting seemed to emanate from Theresa and her fear of sexual misconduct and dirt and Caroline and her exaggerated sense of responsibility for protecting her family.

(I loved how she was going to step in and step on Danielle if she raped or groped poor shrinking violet frail Albie. 100 lb Danielle could easily knock him to the ground and have her way with Albie if she wanted, right, Caroline? On the other hand, Caroline may have been on to something - look how easily Theresa, 120 lbs of Jew-dice hate, flung

handsome

sexy

funny

charming

Christopher across the room. Maybe i ragazzi Manzo are more frail than they look.)

But returning from a momentary daydream about Christopher (oh! yummy man with that huge grin), it all seemed to go 'pear shaped' half way through and went from Caroline basically just being rude and impolite about Danielle (but still going to her house for a 'spa' evening) to the baroque performance at the reunion show, which surely was worthy of a particularly tragic opera - she out Verde'd Verde.

So either something else happened between the start of filming and the end, in addition to the book, or Bravo made it appear so, or Caroline is really off her rocker and got worse. By the end of the show if you remember she's off buying Bernie Kerick's attack hounds and hurling epithets. I think Caroline and Theresa are as insane as each other. Both have a deep seated fear of chaos and disorder, of things being out of control and themselves being unable to survive.

(And does anyone notice how upset it makes Theresa when somebody 'disrespects' her husband? What is he - a gangsta? Ooops, mustn't ask that.)

I feel more and more sorry for Danielle. Nobody made the effort to ask her about 'the book.' Everybody turned on her. Nobody could say what, precisely, it was that made that happen or what made her 'garbage.'

And nobody thought, nobody remembered, NOT ONE PERSON DEIGNED to chuck Christopher Manzo my way.
    " On the other hand, Caroline may have been on to something - look how easily Theresa, 120 lbs of Jew-dice hate, flung"

Could you please explain the hi-lighted term to me? I have never seen this usage before and honestly don't know what you mean by it. I am not looking for racial slurs or looking for any controversy.
    As always web speak can be difficult to interpret.

Thanks
    Candybar

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar;3621499;
    " On the other hand, Caroline may have been on to something - look how easily Theresa, 120 lbs of Jew-dice hate, flung"

Could you please explain the hi-lighted term to me? I have never seen this usage before and honestly don't know what you mean by it. I am not looking for racial slurs or looking for any controversy.

Thanks
    Candybar
    I was curious and looked it up on line and i found a site where people were making fun of theresa for pronouncing her last name as jew-dice, which is not the proper Italian pronunciation of the same. I don't remember her doing that, but perhaps that was what anglo am meant?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3622595;
    I was curious and looked it up on line and i found a site where people were making fun of theresa for pronouncing her last name as jew-dice, which is not the proper Italian pronunciation of the same. I don't remember her doing that, but perhaps that was what anglo am meant?
    She pronounces it jew-dice, all the time. It should be jew-DEE-che. (last part like Che Guevara)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar;3621499;

Thanks
    Candybar
    No racial slur, honest. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.

Teresa's last name is Giudice, which, as she constantly reminds everyone, is Italian. In that language it's pronounced a bit like "joo-DEE-chey" to rhyme with "you TEACH ey." (It means "judge" or I think also the adjective "judicial" - not too hard to see the same root when you spell it like that.)

But she mangels it pronouncing it as "JOO-dice" to rhyme with "TOO nice."

I should have spelled it as "JOO-dice" and not "JEW-dice" to avoid the appearance of saying something unpleasant.

FORT Fogey

D'you know, I was rerewatching the first of the uncomfortable sessions on the ugly set (in the undisclosed location ), and what struck me on rereview was how stiffly Caroline was sitting, all controlled and controlling, on the edge of the seat. Everyone else looked so much more comfortable especially Dina and Danielle. Theresa and Jacqueline were a little on edge but Caroline was as stiff as a board.

Also I noticed that Dina and Danielle probably could wind up friends as they seem to be quite open with each other. Perhaps a 'come to Jesus' moment was or will be had and they will reconcile with each other (hope so). Certainly Dina could tell Danielle that she thought the last dinner wasn't the place to bring up "the book" without drama or provoking drama, without being rude or sobbing with gritty Brooklyn bitterness. Danielle could admit that she was wrong about Dina's lips being puffed out without any big fuss (what was Danielle on though - horse tranks?).

Also also, everytime Jacqueline was asked a question, Caroline jumped right in to answer. Even when Teresa was asked about 'pushing' little Gia onto the stage, Caroline jumped in with some silly antics and story about how she was at the Brownstone (which is painted white?) and blah blah blah.

I don't think Caroline is as well liked as people think. I also think that if she weren't referred to as often, asked her opinion as often, she might calm down and not feel the need to be as controlling.

I mean it'd be hard to take Jacqueline seriously and not answer for her when she runs to Caroline to get Caroline to talk to her very own husband about how to raise her very own daughter. That was actually quite telling; surely the primary relationship should be between Chris and Jacqueline (Chris seems to have little trouble standing up to his sis), unless it was staged, that's a very odd think for J to do.

I mean FINALLY J stands up for herself, but I'd bet the mortgage payment she was punished by Caroline afterwards. One look at her gibbering and timidity on the hideous couch proved that.

+ Reply to Thread