+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3474Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Most of this lost epi was on the boring side, though I did really enjoy the scenes with Caroline's family and with Dina / Lexie. Those women are doing something right as evidenced by their tight knit families. So in contrast with the OC ladies and the mostly obnoxious kids they have.

Did anybody see the end of the show where Teresa got mad at some guy? I happened to walk away to get a snack and I missed it. Anything important? Who was the guy? Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3560784;
    Did anybody see the end of the show where Teresa got mad at some guy? I happened to walk away to get a snack and I missed it. Anything important? Who was the guy? Thanks
    That was was Danielle's friend....the gay guy that she said was like family to her. Teresa kept saying "Get away from me; You're disgusting" Apparently he was there to primp Danielle during the breaks and Teresa took exception to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3560877;
    That was was Danielle's friend....the gay guy that she said was like family to her. Teresa kept saying "Get away from me; You're disgusting" Apparently he was there to primp Danielle during the breaks and Teresa took exception to that.
    THanks.

Wow, I am disappointed in her if she's disgusted with him simply because he's gay. That would definitely make me dislike her.
    Any idea why she was so upset with him?

Right before the break, Andy asked Teresa a question that a viewer had written in. It was something about how much money she is spending on the girls, herself, the new house, etc. The "in this economy" kind of question, how can she justify all that spending. The viewer asked if Teresa's husband's construction business was doing well, in spite of this economy.

Teresa, in all her glory, made a statement, something to the effect that the economy is no laughing matter, it affects everyone, but her husband's business is doing okay and then said that she had a money tree or a bank in her backyard. It was meant to be a joke, but the way she said it was weird and the joke was obviously lost at that time.

Then they cut for the break and Danielle's gay friend comes out to fix Dani's hair. But before he does it, he snidely tells Teresa that what she had just said was dumb or stupid or something like that.

So the gay guy, Tommy, I think his name is, should have kept his mouth shut. But he didn't. Teresa came back at him by saying, "Get away from me! You're disgusting."

Caroline told Teresa to relax. Andy looked like he just wanted to crawl under a chair.

The commercials made it out to look like much more happened, but it was really anti-climactic.

I really do not think it had anything to do with the fact that he is gay. He just pissed her off.

FORT Fogey

Oh, the sour old queen was being bitchy, you just know it. I know the type. He figured his fifteen minutes would get him more action, persuade more hot young things to overlook the aura of decaying self-hatred he carries around with him. I found Theresa's shrieking more evidence of her fundamental inability to handle herself in public, of her low-class origins, and of her Joan Crawford-ish fear of dirt (corruption, disease, disorder). She does love things cleansy. Look at the epithet she hurled at Miss Makup - "you're disgusting." Not 'rude,' not 'have some manners' but 'disgusting.' Again, the emphasis on cleansiness. On vomit. On rotting. I bet she spent some of her childhood around people who were 'dirty' in some way, which is why everything now has to be hard, and clean, and polished, from her nails to her stone palace, all a triumph over randomness and chaos.

Miss Makeup should be Sister Shutup - he's not even part of the show. And I am willing to bet, for all I said just now, that Danielle's extensions were probably cheap and when MM began zhuzhing her they flew all over including into Theresa's cleanzy little world. Which would be disgusting. And dangerous - I mean, there'd be the danger of particles of coke flying all over and getting T high and jittery and even more nervous, which would surely be a terrible, terrible thing.

But fun to watch.

Oh Anglo, you have such a way with words.....I love it "Miss Makeup"!!!

I would bet that Miss Makeup would bail on Danielle if a better opportunity arose. He probably tagged along when she co-anchored part of the Today show a few weeks ago, I am sure he is looking for his 15 minutes anyway he can!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3562054;
    Right before the break, Andy asked Teresa a question that a viewer had written in. It was something about how much money she is spending on the girls, herself, the new house, etc. The "in this economy" kind of question, how can she justify all that spending. The viewer asked if Teresa's husband's construction business was doing well, in spite of this economy.

Teresa, in all her glory, made a statement, something to the effect that the economy is no laughing matter, it affects everyone, but her husband's business is doing okay and then said that she had a money tree or a bank in her backyard. It was meant to be a joke, but the way she said it was weird and the joke was obviously lost at that time.

Then they cut for the break and Danielle's gay friend comes out to fix Dani's hair. But before he does it, he snidely tells Teresa that what she had just said was dumb or stupid or something like that.

So the gay guy, Tommy, I think his name is, should have kept his mouth shut. But he didn't. Teresa came back at him by saying, "Get away from me! You're disgusting."

Caroline told Teresa to relax. Andy looked like he just wanted to crawl under a chair.

The commercials made it out to look like much more happened, but it was really anti-climactic.

I really do not think it had anything to do with the fact that he is gay. He just pissed her off.

Bless you, MamaC, I was about ready to despise Teresa. I'm glad I don't have to now. I caught the bit about the money tree and the economy. It was clear to me she really didn't want to answer it. And that's her right to do so. I don't get a vibe from her that she's mean spirited. I just get that vibe that she's clueless.

Anyone know if another season of these freaks is planned? I already miss their monstrous insanity !
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I think they are filming or are about to start filming ... ?? Cant remember where I read that, but I'm all about finding out about the NY and NJ casts.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

rileysmama

I watched a marathon of RHONJ this week end. I especially enjoyed seeing the early episodes. I didn't have favorites the first time I saw these shows but now I see them with "fresh" eyes. One thing that really stood out to me was the Bravo editing. One scene with Theresa and Dina having lunch and a conversation about Danielle, the conversation was pieced together, it made sense but they had a clean table, drinking, eating, clean table, it went back and forth. Almost comical. I have to believe the editing manipulates us into opinions that may not be correct. I especially do not care for all the negative remarks about Theresa and her little girls. Kids act out for cameras and from watching them they seem like sweet little girls. At any dance recital for kids they wear make up. No big deal. But my experience with kids and parents (35 years of elementary school teaching) is - fruit does not fall far from the tree. The teen years don't count.

+ Reply to Thread