+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3474Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I'm waiting for one of these talent agents to tell her that Gia is not all that Teresa thinks she is. I can see table flip v2.0. She says she is not a stage mom, but she IS a stage mom!

I assume tonight's episode is a never before seen one? I have to say I do miss these ladies and their drama.
    And, Mama, I totally agree about Gia.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Just catching up...
    Haven't you(not pointing fingers you but the collective you) ever been pushed way beyond your limit that your usual normal reactions went right out the window and you did/said things that aren't in within your normal realm?
    Absolutely, but I still exercised self-control & didn't resort to explicatives & violence. I would argue that everyone has at least once in their lives; I'd hope it wasn't over something as petty as someone suggesting he/she "pay attention" or an excerpt of an obscure, out-of-print book about an acquaintance!

as far as the cussing, sex talk, etc . . . . . most of the adults i know do this, myself included

...as far as the family having each other's backs, i don't think you have a clear understanding of what that means. there is not a hint of doubt in my mind that if any of the family was in trouble, they would be there for each other . . .
    Clearly our definitions of several terms differ. For example, I don't consider cursing, vulgarity, play-by-play of your marital relations, etc. at a party, in a public restaurant, on reality tv depicting yourself, etc. characteristics of a "classy" person; in fact, I think it's the antithesis. Likewise, IMHO a close-knit family "having each other's back" means guaranteed support (whether emotional = someone to listen, physical = a place to stay, or financial = a loan) during both the good & bad times, not redefining truth or appropriateness.
    Danielle refers in her Bravo Blog to giving "a phone number to [Caroline's] ex brother-in-law to contact proper people with questions that he had concerning something that was absolutely none of my business. I was asked to give this information to him. If I had to do it again, I would have declined and preferred not to get involved. But I think my minimal involvement did not justify Caroline's behavior towards me."
    Who asked Danielle to provide Caroline's ex-BIL with the phone number? Since Caroline & Dina have at least one other sister (who, according to this forum, appeared with Dina on one of her wedding episodes), perhaps it was another sister's BIL (who may be in law enforcement, related to or a friend of Lexi's father, Lexi's godfather, etc.)?
    My understanding is someone reported something to CPS. I guess it was something that could have had Lexie taken from Dina.
    According to internet rumors, Lexi's father is the owner of a local nail salon, where they met as Dina was employed as a nail technician. I would imagine that as a local business owner he would have more contacts than Danielle & wouldn't need her assistance with phone numbers. Of course, having watched his ex-wife subject their daughter to multiple reality shows in Dina’s selfish pursuit of fame & fortune, particularly in this show where mob ties surfaced (from an acquaintance’s past & within her extended family), I wouldn’t fault Dina's ex-dh for questioning Dina’s choices & the safety of his child while in her care.

NO Way would someone with the personality that Danielle seems to have would have just sat there with a dull look on her face and let Caroline speak to her that way. Remember how she attatcked Teresa and paying attention..nope, Danielle knew what she had done and she was afraid that Caroline was actually going to say it out loud, and it was a biggie....
    As previously stated, it appears Danielle may be the cleverest. She stated during the reunion that seeing herself on the small screen has caused her to change & grow as a person. Her seemingly purposeful lack of reaction supported her declaration that she was no longer in that “bad place” or the person seen throughout the season.

Ya, that really was pretty ignorant the remark about not wanting to live in a house someone else has lived in...
    …especially after watching her stay in a hotel (where strangers had showered, slept, etc.) on the show. Plus, I hope others didn't/don’t share her “phobia” when she did/does put her former residence on the market.

Well, the "lost episode", or however Bravo was marketing it, was a snore. We saw Dina plan a tacky wedding, more of Caroline's staccato speech and Danielle and Teresa being Danielle and Teresa

FORT Fogey

Well, we did get to see Christopher Manzo being adorable - funny, cute, charming, etc. And Theresa cementing her classiness by shrieking that she was 'disgusted' by Danielle's sour old queen of a 'make up artist.' Who should have kept his mouth shut. But oh! That Joe and Theresa - they really love them some gays, don't they?

I bet Danielle's hair was flying all over and that would be disgusting.

We didn't learn anything more about the ladies though, except maybe Caroline's family came across better. But what's with serving everyone breakfast and then standing over (presiding over) their eating it? Does she have to monitor everything? OTOH if what we're seeing is really representative of i Manzi di Carolina, then they do have a nice and close family.

Well, one thing. Jacqueline was very careful to mention that Danielle wanted Chris (J's hubby)'s "approval" and "friendship." I wonder if she wanted more than that. OTOH (my phrase of the day!), at the table-tossing-Theresafest, she and Chris and J seemed to be friends, all nice and normal (not for long though, eh?).

I want to like Danielle, but I think she just inspires in me like in many men a sort of protective feeling. There's nothing more appealing to a bloke than the damsel in distress act, and that is so connected to being a guy that it even works in people like me who feel the love that dare not speak its name (or will never shut up about it!).

For me the big lesson from this show and RHONY is that the less people mug and ham it up for the camera, the more likeable they are. Which is actually nice to know.

Kiz

I thought it was a little odd the way Jacqueline said (more than once) that Chris was the one hearing rumors about Danielle. My guess is that the gossip was coming from Dina and Caroline. I know we're only seeing snippets, and edited snippets at that, of what is going on. I thought Jacqueline should have gone ahead and told Danielle what Chris was hearing about her.

I don't have daughters, and my sons were into sports when they were young, and not dance, but what's up with having girls Gia age grinding and shaking their booty? Moms of girls, is this normal now? If I remember right, Gia even called herself hot (but my failing memory could be off. lol).

Bunny, I also thought lost footage should have stayed lost. I think most of the sleep inducing clips were already shown on the Bravo web site. The only inter sting part was the blowup between Teresa and Tom, and I couldn't really hear what was going on there. I do think Lexi is a character. The kid always makes me laugh. Without Danielle, those women are b-o-r-i-n-g.

**Loved your recaps Angela and AngloAm!
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I'm a big fan of the Housewives series (so bad it's good) and I'm one of the people who prefer Dina and Caroline to Danielle, though they came off badly in the finale episode and didn't handle the book scandal as well as they could have. Unlike the OC, NY, and certainly the Atlanta housewives, these ladies (with the exception of Danielle) have genuinely close bonds and that familiarity makes the show more enjoyable. One of the stand out characters to me, however, was Lexie. I don't think there was one scene with her in which she wasn't laughing. Usually girls her age are difficult to be around, but she seems like a really great kid.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

BubbleBunny...I'm with you on Lexi. Having raised two girls myself(teen-age girls are a real treat let me tell ya), it's nice to see her laughing and having fun with this. She seems fairly well adjusted. I can't say the same for DaniBev's girls...they should not know half the things she has told them. What was that lame excuse about her keeping them in the room so that they could be thrown into any arena and handle themselves? You can teach them how to do that without sharing your entire sordid past with them.
    By the way, I love my girls and wouldn't trade one single second of their lives for anything....I only meant everything is really high or really low when they are teens. It's a rare day when you get plain old middle of the road.
    I also prefer Dina and Caroline to DaniBev. They may have their faults(no need listing them...we all know them) but I don't buy DaniBev's act for one single second. As soon as Caroline let her have it about what she did...she got that evil cold stare in her eyes. DaniBev knew exactly what Caroline was talking (or should I say tawking )about. If her early life was truly as bad as she says it was....she needs help not a reality tv show. If it wasn't and it was an untruth...then shame on her at the very least for that one. If she truly was mixed in with the crowd the book says she was (and I find it hard to believe she wasn't) I am sure they taught her how to deceive convincingly. By the way, the book wasn't written by her ex-husband, Kevin Mahr, it was ghost written by another guy, Stephen(I think) Cripps. As always, this JMHO for whatever it's worth.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

I agree, I much prefer Caroline,Dina,Jacqueline and Theresa to Danielle. Danielle wouldn't know a truth if it hit her in the behind. She is honestly not right in the head and I have no respect for her. Theresa had every right to put a stop to someone dissing her. It didn't matter to her what his personal life was about, he went to a place he didn't belong. A better word for her to use would have been "inappropriate", but she's never been one to use words well.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Oh Heck....I love Dina and Carolline...they have good parenting skills since their kids are nice and seem well put together. I like Jacqueline just on account of because. I love love love Teresa.....I love love love Teresas girls....and love Carolines kids...I love Lexi....I think those little girls of Teresa's are going to grow up with self confidence and they are little dolls....I think Daniella's girls are cute...don't know much about them but they should leave home as quick as they can....Danielle is a trainwreck in slomo...that woman is nothing but trouble where ever she goes...acting like...."I know so much about her"....she probably uses that line every time some woman acts like they want to stay away from Danielle....she is poison...stay away...

+ Reply to Thread