Closed Thread
Page 1 of 301 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

The Real Housewives of Orange County

Please keep in mind while posting in this thread that:
    • Regular FORT rules apply, so if you are just joining us read the FAQ before posting.
    • We are not interested in fostering any real life connections between FORT posters and the Housewives, so don't post about how you popped in on someone's court appearance or drove by their place and gawked.
    • We absolutely do not want any board drama from other sites. That includes the OC Register. Don't use FORT to gossip about other sites where your comments were deleted - we don't want them either, and we don't want to hear about other sites' moderation policies.
    • Please don't waste your time speculating on whether FORT is threatened with lawsuits by angry Housewives or whomever. It didn't happen in the past, it won't happen now, and it caused a lot of pointless posting that takes away from discussing the show. Let us make it clear in advance: if we close a thread for a few hours it's not because someone threatened to sue if we don't. The people on this show don't have that kind of power, nor does Bravo TV.
    These were the main issues that caused the previous seasons' threads to be shut down. As long as everyone can avoid these pitfalls and can post without insulting other posters, this thread will live long and prosper.

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!

So many things to diss ....

Vicki: Is it just me, or has she gotten much, much worse this year about control? She is downright rude to new people, and trying to impose a "be seen but not heard" rule on them just shows how she's set herself up as queen bee to the series.

Jeanna: It was kinda rude to force Frankie into the group, knowing about the tension between him and Vicki. I'd like to know what kind of relationship the two of them (Jeanna and Frankie!) have, friends or more?

Gretchen: I did love how she flat out told Vicki she didn't have the right to tell her to shut up. Tamra was (gulp) right, there's a difference between spending a restful day at home from the ICU, and flat out going on a vacation. Just my opinion.

Lynne: Wow, what's with the CUT! ? Newbie or not, there are much nicer ways to suggest that they do not discuss children or work, and that would have irritated me also. BTW, I applaud the boyfriend for telling the youngest the truth. She did look like a tramp, in my opinion. Just because you can stretch your body into an outfit doesn't mean you should!

Tamra: still my least favorite. Still stirs up drama.
    Last edited by mom2; 01-02-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Boyfriend said she looked like a stripper....my first thought was 'hooker'. That is one sad little girl. Her priorities are all screwed up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Lynne is destroying the self-esteem of her children. She mentioned something about one of them getting fat if they ate something. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them are anorexic. But I do know both of them are obnoxious! Those girls make Lauri's daughter seem like a good girl. And why would Lynne say that hideous and slutty dress looked great on a teenager? Is she on crack?

Tamra has turned into my favorite. She tells it like it is to people's faces. So what if her opinion of Gretchen changed? At least Tamra had the guts to tell Gretchen to her face. I wonder how her life will change with Simon not working. And notice how no one mentions Tamra's real estate career anymore? That seems over.

Jeana aged a lotsince last season and it also looks like she lost quite a bit of weight. I'm tired of seeing Kara, but I can't help to stare at how beautiful she is. The girl is gorgeous, but a little annoying. I'd hate to say it, but she behaves better than any other bratty kid on the show.

Gretchen is definitely a gold-digger. Would she be with an old and sickly man if he were broke? 'Nuff said!

I don't care about where Quinn went but what happened to Knickerbocker? She was boring but I liked watching her daughters. They were interesting, and I liked the OC Angels stuff. Did she choose to leave the show, or did they get rid of her because of her lack of story lines?

Vicky and Donn's divorce should have happened years ago. I was shocked when Vicky's kids didn't want to go to Mexico because Donn wasn't going. Ha! Vicky would cry if she knew that.

FORT Fan

You know, I think the whole thing about Frankie was blown out of proportion (like pretty much everything else in Vicki's life). It was Jeana's choice to bring a friend or not with her, and she DID consider Vicki's feelings to some extent-she got a place further away from Vicki's so that Frankie wouldn't be an issue. It seemed like the one time Frankie was ever close to Vicki on that entire vacation was at that restaurant, and you know what the solution would have been? Stay away from him. It wasn't like Jeana was Vicki's only friend there, so she never would have been forced to interact with Frankie.

I've never really liked Vicki anyway. The 'hazing' stuff she and Tamra were doing was awful. Along with the whole idea that the new girls have to make themselves likable to her, but that she shouldn't have to do the same. And the whold "Why is Lynne even sitting at our table?" I'm always amazed that her daughter turned out to be such a nice person.

As for Gretchen going on vacation while Jeff was in the hospital-it's not like she went on a booze cruise in Cabo. She spent 4th of July with her family out on the lake. I agree with Jeana, she does deserve a day off every now and then, and she didn't exactly leave Jeff alone, she got his kids out for a few days. I think it says a lot about her that his kids like her. They even said she does so much work for him. I'm leaning towards the 'not being a golddigger' because she does spend so much time in the hospital and she made an effort to learn how to put in his iv's and stuff. That could easily be something she could hire someone to do while she was out shopping.

I think Tammy Knickerbocker left for the same reason Laurie did, because of her family. I remember the last episode she was in she was talking about how hard a time her kids were having with their dad's death and that they deserved to have some privacy at that time. Don't remember if she out and out said she was leaving like Laurie, but she was gone the next episode and Quinn was there.

FORT Fogey

Pretlitdev - I agree with you on the whole issue of Gretchen taking a couple of days off while Jeff was in the hospital. I think that Tamra was totally out of line in her comments. Until you've walked in those shoes, you have no idea what you'd do. Given that the 4th of July trip to the lake appears to be an annual tradition for her family, it's not like she just decided to go on a whim. She made sure other people were there to be with Jeff while she was gone, which she did not have to do. The girl was going through a lot -- having a couple of days to unwind is not only justified - it's needed.

I also think that Vickie TOTALLY overreacted about JEnna being with Frankie. If she had been staying at Vickie's house and brought Frankie, that would not have been cool. But she wasn't. THey were on two separate vacations at the same place. Vickie has this expectation that everyone around her must fall into line with her thoughts and feelings, and it's a selfish and unrealistic way to think you can exist in the world.

I think the OC kid with the best character this season is Briana. She has a 12 hour shift at the hospital doing grunt work, and she's still going to school (I think I heard that). Plus she has to placate her "Everything's about me" mother. Kara getting a job was fun, and she seems to put a full effort into it which is refreshing from the current generation. Michael ... well, I liked his girlfriend taking care of Vicki's cigarette burn. Nothing about Shane or Colton, except what happened to Colton's baseball career? He was supposed to be better than Shane and no one has seen him play this season.

Lynne needs a reality check about appearance. Her girls are pretty, but she is destroying them by putting looks ahead of life. Also, if my daughter even thought about wearing the outfits that these 3 wear, she'd wake up from a coma I'd put her in. Oh H'No. It's sad that she buys stuff she wants and passes it off as from her. After a certain age, younger-looking outfits are not your friend. I don't care how in shape you are.

Too many vacations for Vicki. Is she trying to get divorced?? And who is she to judge Jeanna on her marriage? Coming out of a 20+ year marriage myself, it is HARD to let go. Some of us cannot let go so easily. She's one that will only find out when she finds herself there. No husband, children have finally cut the strings and all of a sudden it's just Vicki and her laptop that she's programmed to say "I love you, Vicki. You're the best" everytime she checks her emails.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She will need one of those therapy dolls, for sure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Personally, I really like Gretchen. I think she really does care about her husband and she is there for him non-stop. I don't blame her for taking some time off. She didn't leave him there alone. She made sure his kids were there with him while she spent some much needed time with her family. His kids even said that she deserved it. Thats good enough for me.

(Thanks again for opening this thread!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3262377;
    Too many vacations for Vicki. Is she trying to get divorced?? And who is she to judge Jeanna on her marriage? Coming out of a 20+ year marriage myself, it is HARD to let go. Some of us cannot let go so easily. She's one that will only find out when she finds herself there. No husband, children have finally cut the strings and all of a sudden it's just Vicki and her laptop that she's programmed to say "I love you, Vicki. You're the best" everytime she checks her emails.
    Am I the only one who is dreaming of the season of this show that opens up to reveal that Donn has left Vickie and hooked up with Jeanna? I think that Donn and Jeanna would be such a fantastic couple. I feel bad rooting for a marriage to fail, but I really want to see those two together ... and okay, I'll admit it, I also want to see Vickie freaking out all season over what would actually be the ultimate betrayal (as opposed to bringing a former tenant to a popular vacation spot)

Closed Thread