Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3358584;

Here is the bottom line for me- its just pure and simply niceness. everyone on this earth has made mistakes and has character flaws... but i am just much more forgiving to human beings that choose to be kind, do nice things, love life, and see the good in others instead of the bad. At least based on what we were shown this season, despite their flaws, Gretchen and Lynn are kind. They didn't dog people behind their backs and they just try to love life and make friends. They didnt throw any "stones" despite the BOULDERS that Vicki and Tamra kept desperately hurling at them, and anything that could be construed that they said as mean was in defense from bad behavior on the others- for which they were told they were being rude, stepping on the mama dogs, stealing attention, and stealing thunder- how sadly revealing. Even Jeana who i used to love stooped to the mean level this season and that was very disappointing.

You get more slack in this game called life when you choose to be kind and make those lives around yours happier and better, instead of being mean and passing judgement. Gretchen and Lynn's glasses are half full, the rest are running dry.

You make some excellent points but your last line sums it all up. We only take this path once and better make our path the best one we can. Your last line is super because that's everyone's problem on this show.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Jay did call Tamaras cell phone. I would not be a bit surprised if she did not give him her number himself. they did know each other. Jay is a unemployed car salesman.
    Simon was let go from FJ Motor Cars along with a ton of other employees (like Jay). FJ prefers to say they all left voluntarily so it does not sound like they are hurting. SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!
    I do not deny that vicki and tamara sound EXTREMELY jealous BUT I do not think that they are. I would say they are disgusted at the actions of gret.
    It is HIGHLY possible that tam is a just a bit ticked that gret was picked over her to do the high end realtor show that Bravo was trying to put together.
    When that show did not pan out then slade helped her get on RHoOC with Jeff playing her true love. Jeff knew that gret wanted to be on reality tv so he went along.
    Gret is just NOT a housewife and has no intentions of being one. I think that is what ticked tam and vic off the most. It made "their" story hard to take.
    It is too bad that Bravo tried to push the made up gret story because it pushed Lynn aside. I do think she would have fit in better if it were not for gret trying to be one of them.

What I saw was that Gretchen has a great deal for these women to be jealous of, excluding Jeana and Lynne.
    1. Gretchen is ten years or more younger than Vicki and Tamra.
    2. While she is divorced, she married a little older and is not a single mom. She was not 25 and have one (or two) children to take care of. Technically, she is free to do as she pleases until she gets more responsibility.
    3. She did go to Baylor, graduated and contemplated medical school, possibly was accepted. (This is confirmed because my stepson was in medical school there and knew of her.)
    4. She captured the attention of Jeff who designed/engineered/made cars, not just sold them.
    5. He was well respected in the automotive industry and she got to be treated like the VIP she attended the Indy 500.
    6. She still looks good, normal, and often was shown without make-up which made her look better.
    Jeff got what he wanted; basically, a pretty girl to take around and show off to his friends in the auto industry. He was beaming in those scenes.
    Jo was not a housewife and had no intention of being one either. Why didn't the other wives call Jo out and ask her about their phony "relationship" in their phony, rented looking house? Or their phony shopping trips to buy stuff for the empty house? What about the phony break-up scene? Or the borrowed "Tiffany" ring?

Gretchen replaced Jo who was not a treat to them. She was ethnic and they looked their noses down on her. If they could've, they would have asked her how much she charged to clean their houses. But she didn't know what Pledge was so I don't think that would've worked out.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

I see your point on all the above. I think one difference with jo and slade was that slade did own his house and jo did live with him. In SoCal jo's ethnicity is the majority. No one would even notice her as "different".
    Gret was still married when she hooked up with jeff and then jay. Actions like that don't set well with some people.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3359098;
    Gret was still married when she hooked up with jeff and then jay. Actions like that don't set well with some people.
    Was that on the show? I do remember Tamra saying that she was a single mother when she met Simon so I guess no one would have a problem with that but then she said that she sent her young child to live with her mother after they married. Personally that doesn't set too well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3359098;
    I see your point on all the above. I think one difference with jo and slade was that slade did own his house and jo did live with him. In SoCal jo's ethnicity is the majority. No one would even notice her as "different".
    I think there was some question as to who really owned the house. Again, too many stories. As to Jo's ethnicity, these women would look down on her. Look at their behavior towards other groups.
    As to Gretchen being married: again, don't know about that but I still believe that if people are going to expose, then be fair, don't attack one person. Vicky opened herself to someone asking her, "Do you still sleep with Donn?" when Vicky asked Gretchen if she was sleeping with the other guy. They treated her very unfairly, despite what she was doing and they deserve to have it tossed back at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3359125;
    Was that on the show? I do remember Tamra saying that she was a single mother when she met Simon so I guess no one would have a problem with that but then she said that she sent her young child to live with her mother after they married. Personally that doesn't set too well with me.
    Agreed! I think that may have been one of the reasons Tamra's dad left. He said that her mom was always unhappy and I bet little Ryan added to that mix of bad feelings. That or all the attention was lavished on him. And how many grandparents are really up to starting over with said grand child. Bad parenting doesn't set well with me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3359068;
    What I saw was that Gretchen has a great deal for these women to be jealous of, excluding Jeana and Lynne.
    2. While she is divorced, she married a little older and is not a single mom. She was not 25 and have one (or two) children to take care of. Technically, she is free to do as she pleases until she gets more responsibility.
    3. She did go to Baylor, graduated and contemplated medical school, possibly was accepted. (This is confirmed because my stepson was in medical school there and knew of her.)
    4. She captured the attention of Jeff who designed/engineered/made cars, not just sold them.
    5. He was well respected in the automotive industry and she got to be treated like the VIP she attended the Indy 500.
    6. She still looks good, normal, and often was shown without make-up which made her look better.
    Jeff got what he wanted; basically, a pretty girl to take around and show off to his friends in the auto industry. He was beaming in those scenes.
    Jo was not a housewife and had no intention of being one either. Why didn't the other wives call Jo out and ask her about their phony "relationship" in their phony, rented looking house? Or their phony shopping trips to buy stuff for the empty house? What about the phony break-up scene? Or the borrowed "Tiffany" ring?

Gretchen replaced Jo who was not a treat to them. She was ethnic and they looked their noses down on her. If they could've, they would have asked her how much she charged to clean their houses. But she didn't know what Pledge was so I don't think that would've worked out.
    This is all right on the money and frankly, Tamra and Vicki aren't in any position to be slinging mud. As far as I'm concerned sending your son to live with your parents because your new husband/fiance/whatever is far worse than whatever they keep accusing Gretchen of doing. Face it - Gretchen has the youth they'll nver regain no matter how much plastic surgery they have, and she has more natural beauty, poise, and kindness, than those two could dream of having

PugMum how do you know all these things about Tamra, Simon, Jay and Gretchen? What is your connection to them?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3359068;

well said-
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Closed Thread