Closed Thread
Page 97 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Sorry noreality here, I didn't post the link correctly, but there was an interview with Jeff's daughter Jill that I believe misslada might have been referring to...Jill makes it pretty clear that the kids are still in contact with Gretchen and this smear campaign is very hurtful to them

I do believe that Tamra called the Jay person the stalker, no one else did. I also find it strange that Tamra and Simon would take phone calls from a stranger after midnight. The strangest part is where the stranger got their phone number at that time in the morning from the side of the road.
    How many of us or our husbands, would take a call at that time from a stranger? And, why would any of us continue to talk to someone whom we do not know, bad mouthing someone who we know only vaguely? The whole situation is suspect to me. I never make a statement until I think about what I would do in the same place. All of these people sound like middle school students who are jealous of each other. The older people get, the sillier they sound when they say bad things about others. What do the Barneys have to gain in this situation? It's not like they are winning a prize or money. They come across as bitter and envious people. There is more to the whole situation and Tamra Barney won't say it nor will her side-kick. I give the others and this isn't saying much, credit for not calling her out on all the horrid things she has done on camera and who knows what other horrid behavior that exists in her and her lazy son's life. May her other children be spared his loser fate.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

The name of the show ... and what the announcers always stress is "The REAL Housewives of ..." That is why Gretchen playing the golddigger/caregiver/fiance character matters. We know that reality is not necessarily reality, but when they try to sell us a bag of goods, then we should respond. Let's keep it nice, though, so we can keep this thread!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3358418;
    The name of the show ... and what the announcers always stress is "The REAL Housewives of ..." That is why Gretchen playing the golddigger/caregiver/fiance character matters. We know that reality is not necessarily reality, but when they try to sell us a bag of goods, then we should respond. Let's keep it nice, though, so we can keep this thread!!
    Understood. However, Gretchen's not the first housewife to not be currently married. I watched the Housewives of NYC and Bethenny isn't married; neither is Kelley, so I guess the producers don't really care that much.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by socalgal;3358205;
    Sorry noreality here, I didn't post the link correctly, but there was an interview with Jeff's daughter Jill that I believe misslada might have been referring to...Jill makes it pretty clear that the kids are still in contact with Gretchen and this smear campaign is very hurtful to them
    THanks again for trying SoCal.
    I did check the other site out. The daughter seemed to be honest and forthright. She didn't depict Gretchen as a saint, but she did say that they're all still in contact with Gretchen. Obviously, if they thought Gretchen was as evil as Tamra depicted her, they wouldn't still be in contact with her.
    I'd post the link for others, but the last time I did that sort of thing, I gotan infraction. And, I'm not risking that again.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3358359;
    I do believe that Tamra called the Jay person the stalker, no one else did. I also find it strange that Tamra and Simon would take phone calls from a stranger after midnight. The strangest part is where the stranger got their phone number at that time in the morning from the side of the road.
    How many of us or our husbands, would take a call at that time from a stranger? And, why would any of us continue to talk to someone whom we do not know, bad mouthing someone who we know only vaguely? The whole situation is suspect to me. I never make a statement until I think about what I would do in the same place. All of these people sound like middle school students who are jealous of each other.
    I agree with THIS mom's post... the circumstances in which the above would occur are when people are already jealous, resentful and mean, and then someone "steals their attention"----they were already jealous of the person and wanting to tear them down however they can so they can feel superior again- how dare they infringe upon their sacred territory???? (Please remember that Vicki owns Lake Havasu and dirty martinis, and Tamra owns pink motorcycles and having 4 children!!!). so if they hear anything potentially bad about the person no matter how suspect or irrelevant, they run with it. by the way, remember vicki didnt like tamra last year at first either, she was very threatened by her and was unwelcoming, she just got even more pathetic about her desparate clinging to her delusion that she runs the OC Housewife Sorority this year with the newcomers.

Here is the bottom line for me- its just pure and simply niceness. everyone on this earth has made mistakes and has character flaws... but i am just much more forgiving to human beings that choose to be kind, do nice things, love life, and see the good in others instead of the bad. At least based on what we were shown this season, despite their flaws, Gretchen and Lynn are kind. They didn't dog people behind their backs and they just try to love life and make friends. They didnt throw any "stones" despite the BOULDERS that Vicki and Tamra kept desperately hurling at them, and anything that could be construed that they said as mean was in defense from bad behavior on the others- for which they were told they were being rude, stepping on the mama dogs, stealing attention, and stealing thunder- how sadly revealing. Even Jeana who i used to love stooped to the mean level this season and that was very disappointing.

You get more slack in this game called life when you choose to be kind and make those lives around yours happier and better, instead of being mean and passing judgement. Gretchen and Lynn's glasses are half full, the rest are running dry.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3358359;
    I also find it strange that Tamra and Simon would take phone calls from a stranger after midnight. The strangest part is where the stranger got their phone number at that time in the morning from the side of the road.

If I can catch a rerun, I will watch it again because I swear I heard Tamra say that it was her CELL phone that rang at 1 a.m and that Simon answered her phone (because it was so late or whatever). How did this guy get her CELL phone number in the first place. And if it was not her cell number, I would think that their landline number is unlisted (due to her star power and all! )

Either way, how did this guy get her cell/home phone number in the first place? That sounds kind of fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3358418;
    They all have a bag of goods that they're trying to sell. As I posted earlier, Vixki and Tamra are presenting very suspect versions of their true "realities" and unless someone outed them, then all we would know would be their version of their lives. I am refering to the state of Vicki's marriage and Tamra/Simon attempting to convince people that he intentionally became unemployed. Those in glass houses.......

Tamara is the most despicable person I ever seen she has NO redeeming qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3358695;
    If I can catch a rerun, I will watch it again because I swear I heard Tamra say that it was her CELL phone that rang at 1 a.m and that Simon answered her phone (because it was so late or whatever). How did this guy get her CELL phone number in the first place. And if it was not her cell number, I would think that their landline number is unlisted (due to her star power and all! )

Either way, how did this guy get her cell/home phone number in the first place? That sounds kind of fishy to me.
    That's a good point regarding her cell phone. Those numbers are not easily available, especially for TV stars who want their privacy. I would imagine that Tamra would have some security person or service answering her calls since she's so famous and all! And, wasn't it Tamra who said that she's selling her home because she has so many people driving by who want to see a celeb? I believe that in the celeb world, those people are referred to as stalkers. Stalkers can become crazy and strangers who waltz into these celeb's lives unannounced are dealt with in a way different way than how these reality people are dealing with them.
    The whole thing has become way beyond crazy and if Tamra or Vicki or the "Big Dog" Jeana were such stars, these people making calls or emailing them would be turned over to the police and they wouldn't be talking publicly with fuel getting added to the fire at each turn.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Closed Thread