Closed Thread
Page 93 of 301 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Grrrrr. the more I think about how Vickie acted by saying...."ow I just had a rock thrown at me'...Oh Come On....and when they were having lunch and she said..." I just had the wind taken from my sail"...like she is the mighty OZ and all she said should be reverent...
    Can't be stepping on the "big dogs" now can we??
    I agree with the poster who thinks they should fire the entire group and start over...lets get some moms on the show that really are Housewives...

BTW, I watched the NY wives and I really think the Countess has changed...she refers to herself as countess all the time..She is a Countess, but she has said over and over that it is just a title and she would never feel or act like she was better than anyone else...Oh Yeah???

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But would RHOC be fun without witches??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;3350504;
    Grrrrr. the more I think about how Vickie acted by saying...."ow I just had a rock thrown at me'...Oh Come On....and when they were having lunch and she said..." I just had the wind taken from my sail"...like she is the mighty OZ and all she said should be reverent...
    Can't be stepping on the "big dogs" now can we??
    I agree with the poster who thinks they should fire the entire group and start over...lets get some moms on the show that really are Housewives...
    I don't think I'd enjoy watching endless diaper changes, day care car pools and the like. I'd rather watch the endless depravity so I can feel better about myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3351897;
    I don't think I'd enjoy watching endless diaper changes, day care car pools and the like. I'd rather watch the endless depravity so I can feel better about myself.
    I so agree. What makes these shows must see for me is because they do make me feel better about things and take my mind off problems.

Oo another note, does anyone remember on the wrap up show how Tamra talked about auctioning off her implants. Does that mean that they did the implant surgery more than once? Sorry, but do women really think oversized implants make them look better or real?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3353091;
    I so agree. What makes these shows must see for me is because they do make me feel better about things and take my mind off problems.

Oo another note, does anyone remember on the wrap up show how Tamra talked about auctioning off her implants. Does that mean that they did the implant surgery more than once? Sorry, but do women really think oversized implants make them look better or real?
    Yes, she's had at least two breast surgeries. Last season, she admitted to having implants, and in one episode, went in to get the size reduced. Driving her to the doctor, her husband kept on telling her not to make them too small. There's been some speculation that after having them reduced, that she went back in to make them larger again. But she's had at LEAST two surgeries.

THanks. This was my first season watching, so I had no idea.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3351897;
    I know...I was just having a moment. I wouldn't watch a show where the mothers were normal either. LOL..I do get a kick out of watching these women and it actually makes me enjoy my simple life. I keep telling myself that even though these women have so much money they can buy shoes for $1,000 a pr...I feel like Mrs. Gotrocks if I spend $50. It does make me realize that just because people have money, they are no happier than the average american family...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3342821;
    It's a medical fact that many Indian tribes are more physically sensitive to alcohol than non Indians, so how does referring to that FACT make her racist? Against herself? I blame my shortness on a part of my heritage, because the people tend to be short. What, I'm not allowed to joke about my heritage? That makes me racist? and Ryan owning a suit "like every other white boy"....I assume she means white guys aren't hip, can't dress, jump, dance, whatever, which I don't even take seriously. If I took that kind of thing seriously I'd have to go around being offended for the white part of me constantly. Unless it really seems to be serious I take it as a joke. I think we are all still allowed to joke around ......

I really think as a society we dilute the meaning of the word racist by using it for cases where it doesn't apply, it's such a common insult these days for nothing or the smallest thing, that the word is becoming much less powerful in meaning. Real racism is henious and we need it to be taken seriously, but it's getting harder to do when there are so many baseless, meaningless claims of racism that a lot of people just throw up their hands and the word loses meaning.

People are becoming afraid to even talk to someone of another race because of worry they will offend them somehow without even knowing it, and certainly without meaning it, and be labeled a racist. It's much easier to just not talk to or in front of anyone but those who know you well and already know you aren't racist. That doesn't work for anybody's benefit.

I'm sure if anyone had a camera on them 24/7, especially if they are drinking as much as these women, they would be bound to say something someone somewhere could find offensive if they wanted to, especially if someone were pre disposed not to like them and looking for reasons. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than looking for offense.
    Do you think its ok for someone to call some else a Homo like Tamera did?

FORT Newbie

I was just re-watching the Reunion and I LOVE how, when Andy was handing out those T-Shirts, he said that Gretchen is the only one who it holds true to. Then Trampra, of course, chimes in "mine are REALLY paid for".

Then Andy gets in one last dig, he says to her "So to speak". HAHAHA, as in we all know she didn't pay for em and she's just as much of a Gold Digger. Andy won big brownie points for me there!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3347241;
    No one loathes these losers quite so much as they loathe one another.
    A more profound statement could not be made! Brilliant observation of the glaring truth. I don't know that they could ever convince these people to be in the same room again. The look of utter contempt on Vicki's face when Jeana was talking about her was incredible. Nice how the editors kept panning back to those twits, Vicki & Tamra, as others were talking and picked up their junior high act. These people have all become the ugliest versions of themselves--BY themselves.
    In the beginning they were able to hide their reality from the screen and they were convincing themselves (along with us) that they were to be admired. Some where along the way, they began to buy in to their faux reality and blurred the line between fantasy and reality--and now they are showing their true diva monster colors. They think they 'outed' Gretchen...but the reality is that they 'outed' themselves.

Closed Thread