Closed Thread
Page 91 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3347577;
    Is there a possibility that she hadn't had sex in 8 months because Jeff was too sick? I have no problems with what she's done. I know people who have gone longer that that "without".
    I only have a problem with her lying. If she wants to hook up with this Jay person, and even with (lucky cow) Slade, that's her business. It may have made me like her more if she'd just come clean, but her shtick seems to be to play the victim, the selfless one.

Bit OT but isn't it pretty ghastly that somebody could be a college graduate and not know who Florence Nightingale is?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3347551;
    All people are not as tacky as some of the people on this show.
    These people's true profession and calling in life is the practice of tackiness.

Sometimes when I compare them with my family and friends, it's honestly like they're another species that resembles humans (with much tighter skins and bigger mammaries - skeleton thin with plastic bumps on their chests) but whose behaviour diverges greatly from that of actual people.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know a bunch of college graduate idiots who have little idea about the world around them. Graduating college gives no guarantee of trivial knowledge.

And this woman owes US nothing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3347598;
    I know a bunch of college graduate idiots who have little idea about the world around them. Graduating college gives no guarantee of trivial knowledge.

And this woman owes US nothing.
    Of course not, and the lack of obligation is mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3347579;
    So there's no problem when an employee bonks the boss?

There's a word for employees like that.
    She wasn't lying when she said she was his fiance, he gave her a ring. I don't believe the "employer/employee" label of their relationship is accurate simply for that reason.

Whatever the nature of their relationship was, it was mutually agreed upon. Gretchen shared some but not all of the details about it, and probably wishes she shared less than she did. Jeff's kids were apparently fine with it, and said they appreciated that she spent so much time with him in the hospital. She was there at the end, and supposedly didn't inherit anything from his estate that people can find fault with.

I have to take this whole Tamra/Jay phone scandal with a grain of salt because Tamra is the most petty, vindictive and generally nasty housewife to ever appear on the show. I'd still look at my watch after she told me the time. There's obviously more to the story than what appeared on the show, but we will never know exactly what happened because we weren't there. (And FORT is certainly not looking for eyewitnesses to come forward, either)

Gretchen isn't perfect, (how she could find Tamra's disgusting son the least bit attractive is proof of that) but considering she made a dying man's last few years on earth happy ones, I'd say she did more with her life than judgmental Tamra ever has.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3347637;
    Jeff's kids were apparently fine with it, and said they appreciated that she spent so much time with him in the hospital. She was there at the end, and supposedly didn't inherit anything from his estate that people can find fault with.

Gretchen isn't perfect, (how she could find Tamra's disgusting son the least bit attractive is proof of that) but considering she made a dying man's last few years on earth happy ones, I'd say she did more with her life than judgmental Tamra ever has.
    She got something of the estate, balked at saying how much, just that it wasn't millions.

And although he's okay below the neck, that Ryan is not my idea of an attractive man in the least.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know how people tend to look better "around closing time"? Gretchen was in "closing time" mode.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3347656;
    You know how people tend to look better "around closing time"? Gretchen was in "closing time" mode.
    Maybe she wanted to spare the young lad's feelings.

If I were to bed a Barney, I'd pick poppa Simon, ta ever so. He is not ugly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3347667;
    Maybe she wanted to spare the young lad's feelings.

If I were to bed a Barney, I'd pick poppa Simon, ta ever so. He is not ugly at all.
    I'd pass on ALL the Barneys. I can see Simon's scales glilttering beneath the surface.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3347572;

Why'd Simon leave the dealership?
    I have no clue but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that in this economy and with Tamra not working, he didn't voluntarily choose to walk away to spend more time with his family, as he stated on the show.
    CYA

Closed Thread