Closed Thread
Page 53 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3294032;
    What I have found sad is the tone Jeana uses when she talks about her marriage. Possibly the drugs she is taking make her sound that way, but she has this sound of having given up long ago.That's why I believe she could've left, but her attitude (and her tone) is one of 'it was easier' so they settled and continued on, day after day, year after year. She chose not to leave and the family situation hurt the offspring who think their family is normal.
    I think Jeana should get together with Vicki's husband (Vicki will eventually be paying him huge alimony payments) and she V doesn't appreciate him anyway.

I'm glad for Tamra that her husband finds her so hot. She definitely needs her ego stroked more than any of the others. It seems that whenever she looks at Gretchen, she looks at her with extreme jealousy and annoyance.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I thought it was hilarious when Lynne and Gretchen both told Tamra she was the hottest housewife. You KNOW they both don't think so....but will allow Tamra to believe it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fan

My parents divorced when I was 18. My older sister and I knew for years that their marriage was rocky and wondered why they didn't just get divorced. It came out after that, for whatever reasons of their own, they thought it would be better to wait until I was at college and out of the house. I guess they felt the transition would be smoother that way. It kinda makes me wonder if Jeana is waiting until Colton is in college...

You may be on to something though in Jeana's case, I doubt if they are so selfless. My husband thought the same thing with his first family and his daughter, about Tamra's age, claims that all her problems stem from their divorce (she was over 30 and had never worked). The younger daughter had the attitude that it should have happened long before. This is a show and we are given snippets into their lives. What we see is not normal. But what normal family would want cameras in their faces?
    My older cousin remembers the Loud family in the early seventies who really were the first reality family. She says that family had the whole divorce on camera and they should be brought back to comment on the nonsense that we see. I'm curious too about the Louds. Any one remember? These OC people should look back and see.
    The Loud family appeared on PBS.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3294103;
    I'd say the money, the lifestyle, and appearances are what kept her wanting to stay there. Messed up mentality. Volunteer.
    Unless Matt got a hefty insurance settlement after his accident, I don't think his monetary worth was anywhere close to Jeana's. As far as the lifestyle and appearances, I don't think we ever saw them presenting themselves as a happy couple. Even in season 1 when Jeana threw that backyard party, Matt was quick to duck out of there. I think Jeana truely sees her personal value in being needed by someone. As long as someone needs her and she can be there for them, then in her mind she is validated.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3295815;
    You may be on to something though in Jeana's case, I doubt if they are so selfless. My husband thought the same thing with his first family and his daughter, about Tamra's age, claims that all her problems stem from their divorce (she was over 30 and had never worked). The younger daughter had the attitude that it should have happened long before. This is a show and we are given snippets into their lives. What we see is not normal. But what normal family would want cameras in their faces?
    My older cousin remembers the Loud family in the early seventies who really were the first reality family. She says that family had the whole divorce on camera and they should be brought back to comment on the nonsense that we see. I'm curious too about the Louds. Any one remember? These OC people should look back and see.
    The Loud family appeared on PBS.
    I totally remember. They were way ahead of their time. I was too young to get into it, but they have certainly been mentioned and revisited through the years.
    I remember reading a while back that Lance Loud died of Aids.

I can remember how whenI was a kid my gradmother would always say, "never air your dirty laundry in public." We've sure come a long way, haven't we?

I saw very little interaction between Shane and his "girlfriend" when they were at the restaurant. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she ran far and fast after that little episode.

Vicki, Vicki, Vicki.....the way she was with her high school friends. Vicki needs people around her. And they have to love her. She asked a few times, if they would still love her, etc., etc. She seems to need to be loved by her friends and her children. Where does Donn fit into that picture?

Lynn and her family. I can't believe they think it is fine for their daughter to be 18 and unemployed and not in school. Just how long are they going to enable her? What does she do all day? One thing I didn't understand is when Jeana asked what year she graduated from school and she said 2007. So this is filmed in summer 2008 and she just turned 18. Did she really graduate from that HS or did she drop out? Jeana said it was a school known for accepting kids that had disciplinary problems. So I don't think she would have graduated a year early from school.

I love how in the previews for next week's show, Gretchen and Lynn get their freak on out on the dance floor and Tamra, of course, judges them unfavorably. Um, Tamra, wasn't it YOU who danced like that last year? How quickly she forgets!

Every time Vicki yelps with her Ms Piggy snout and woo hoo's in her war chant I want to scream the place down. Jeana needs to teach her kids some manners. If I had ever talked to my mom the way Shane talked to her I would need help getting pulled out the wall.

I have never seen so many botoxed woman in one place at the same time. Vicki is a veriy pathetic creature she seems to think that all that Woo Hooing and drinking equals fun. No sweetie it reeks of desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3295878;
    One thing I didn't understand is when Jeana asked what year she graduated from school and she said 2007. So this is filmed in summer 2008 and she just turned 18. Did she really graduate from that HS or did she drop out? Jeana said it was a school known for accepting kids that had disciplinary problems. So I don't think she would have graduated a year early from school.
    I didn't get that either. From what we've seen, she's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed yet she graduated at 16?

Closed Thread