Closed Thread
Page 50 of 301 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3292095;
    Exactly. Jeanna created these monsters by allowing them to grow up treating her that way; it is true...we DO teach people how to treat us. Shane acted like he was 9 years old. Colton wasn't as bad as his brother, but he was pretty bad, too. The money and the lifestyle that they were raised in is no reason to keep your kids in a situation where they get accustomed to seeing you treated like crap 24/7/365(6). Shane has always been a jerk, though, since we've been seeing this show. I don't feel especially sorry for Jeanna since she created this destiny for herself. She didn't have/doesn't have the spine to deal with her sons. If mine ever treated me like that he would be dead to me until HE realigned his behavior.
    I remember that he was no where near like this in season 1. In fact, he was tame.
    But, come season 2, he had a stud in his ear and actually thought that he was famous(aka going Hollywood, at least in his mind, i guess).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3292544;
    I remember that he was no where near like this in season 1. In fact, he was tame.
    But, come season 2, he had a stud in his ear and actually thought that he was famous(aka going Hollywood, at least in his mind, i guess).
    That's a great point. It is easy to forget that simply BEING on the show - especially with the "kids of the OC" stuff that Bravo does - would have an impact on these kids as well.

[QUOTE=channel5lady;3288430;]I think Kim got most of her money from the father of her daughters. I also read that Kim is now dating Lindsey Lohan's dad.QUOTE]

Well if Kim is dating Lindsey Lohan's dad then our dear kim can then claim that she & Lindsey are doing a duet together & Sam Ronson is just dying to spin her new single.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3289764;
    Wonder if the OC Housewives will go on a field trip this week and if so where?
    They sure seem to go to out to eat alot. There are always huge plates of food in front of them & they constantly have a drink in their hands. They always work so excuse me but just how do they stay so darn skinny?

"As for Shane, I think maybe he was embarrassed by the entourage (bravo crew) that Jeana brought with her as they ran all over the ballpark trying to get signatures on release forms.
    I can't imagine that he would NOT want his mother there but I'd bet that he didn't want his game captured on film for national TV. "

Shane may have signed a contract early on and was obligated to make this appearance.
    If the camera crew was going to be there that day, the spectators may have been told as they entered the ballpark and given a choice to stay or go. My parents were at a restaurant where the Food Channel was filming. There was a sign on the door and people explaining to the customers what was happening. Some stayed, signed the release and were in the crowd, like my parents. This may be what happened because it would be too hard to go around the stands. Jeana probably thinks it's good for his career to be seen playing.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Excuses, excuses, excuses. People need to stop making/accepting excuses for these kids' bad behavior. Their behaviors have been accepted from early in their lives, and this is what you get when you raise them like this. Yes, Jeanna is at the root of this problem. She should have gotten her children out of there, for their own good, instead of looking the other way when they were ridiculously inappropriate. Whom (which one of his mother's friends) did Shane call "T!ts" that one season (with his mother right there), with no repercussions? Sorry, but Jeanna foots a lot of this blame.

And Shane needs to be mad at the people who have him running around a baseball field in a Don Ho-looking uniform.

I was also shocked when the "house dad" said nothing to Shane when he was disrespecting his mother in the way that he was.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-28-2009 at 07:20 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3292860;
    And Shane needs to be mad at the people who have him running around a baseball field in a Don Ho-looking uniform.

I was also shocked when the "house dad" said nothing to Shane when he was disrespecting his mother in the way that he was.
    Soooo true! Those baseball uniforms were rediculous!

It looked like the "house dad" wasn't at the table when he was talking that way. Cause I was thinking the same way. I wouldn't have been able to sit at that table without saying something.....or smacking him on the head!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Vickie made the statement that if her kids talked to her that way she would slap them across the face....Well, I have seen her son call her a physco
    (sp)? and Michael has been very rude to her in front of her friends and in front of the cameras...
    I was so mad at Shane and Colton both...they needed a slap a long time ago.
    Last edited by misslada; 01-28-2009 at 07:50 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;3292912;
    Vickie made the statement that if her kids talked to her that way she would slap them across the face....Well, I have seen her son call her a physco (sp)? and Michael has been very rude to her in front of her friends and in front of the cameras...
    I was so mad at Shane and Colton both...they needed a slap a long time ago.
    Definitely a great illustration of how it's easier to look at a friend's kids with a critical eye than it is to do the same to your own.

FORT Fogey

I am not making excuses for any of the kids behavior. Yes, in a perfect Jeana should take control of the situation. I remember back in S1 when she said that she was raising a 3rd generation of MLB players and she was never allowed to discipline the boys. She should have put her foot down in the beginning but didn't and in turn she accepted that that was how her life was going to be.

My son lived away from home for 4 yrs when he played Jr hockey. The billet family or "house" family (as they called it) are Godsends! They do not get involved with the players family situations when the parents are around. That is why I said that hopefully the billet dad did talk to Shane after the fact. I would imagine that his "family" is the kind of family that he dreamed of having as he grew up. No matter how bad he played it is not the end of the world type atmosphere. These families give the players ALL the moral support in the world. That player literally becomes a part of their family and that family is there for the player through thick and thin. No pressure just do your best. And obey the house rules. Another thing that he most likely did not have growing up.
    The kid in Shane probably feels guilty for that loyalty that he has shown to his billet and did not know how to act in front of his mother.
    Again, I am NOT making ANY excuses for Shane's behavior. It's just having been around young men in that age group going through simular situations (different sport) I have seen it before. (But not from my son. He would get slapped. And he knows it )

If Lynns kid were my kid she would either be working full time or in school full time. PERIOD!

Closed Thread