Closed Thread
Page 49 of 301 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Exactly. Jeanna created these monsters by allowing them to grow up treating her that way; it is true...we DO teach people how to treat us. Shane acted like he was 9 years old. Colton wasn't as bad as his brother, but he was pretty bad, too. The money and the lifestyle that they were raised in is no reason to keep your kids in a situation where they get accustomed to seeing you treated like crap 24/7/365(6). Shane has always been a jerk, though, since we've been seeing this show. I don't feel especially sorry for Jeanna since she created this destiny for herself. She didn't have/doesn't have the spine to deal with her sons. If mine ever treated me like that he would be dead to me until HE realigned his behavior.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I do agree that Jenna brought on the way her kids treat her on her own, I'm not sure I agree that it's a sign of weakness or insecurity in Jeanna. While Shane and Colton can act like disrespectful punks, Kara is a rather impressive young woman when it comes to confidence and security - choosing not to drink even though most kids her age are, pushing herself academically when there's temptation to kick back, etc. That security and confidence has to come from somewhere, and given Jeanna's professional success, I'd guess it comes from her mom.

I think that the issue with Jeanna is that she's off the charts with over-compassion for other people. No matter what the situation, when confronted by bad behavior in others, Jeanna always seems to be searching for the reason or excuse for that bad behavior. She's searches for the reasons her husband was a twit instead of just writing him off as a twit. She ticked Vickie off searching for reasons that Vickie's ex-husband could be justified or understood in his relationship with their kids. We see over and over and over again tha Jeanna gives everyone around her much more leeway thant he normal person, searching for the reason to understand why they do the bad things they do. I don't see Jeanna as truly sacrificing much of the person she is to accomodate these things, so to me, it's not a self-confidence issue. I think she's just far more willing to forgive and understand than your normal person.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3292016;
    My heart went out to Jeanna last night. Although I feel she has brought it all upon herself. She's weak and insecure after years of allowing Matt to emotional abuse she's now allowing the boys to treat her the same way (and they don't have Matts excuse of brain damage). I would cut them off and not give them another $. I hope they both get set straight from someone after seeing this show.
    You are so right!!! She is always saying that Matt has the brain injury but what is Shane's and Colton's excuse? Their attitude towards women and treatment of
    of their mother AND her friends should make any girl run far away from them. This was on camera. I would hate to see how they are in private. The line that got me was "I'd have more money" if Jeana was dead. How horrible.
    Also, I'd like some reaction from REAL baseball players when that idiot said, "It's better than a real job." I have friends who are professional athletes, not baseball players, but in other sports, who would be appalled by that comment. With that out there, he's going to have it harder making it to the majors, if he doesn't get hurt first.
    All these children are banking on their parents. What's with Raquel who doesn't work? She's 18 and didn't like college. I feel so sorry for her. Boo, hoo. Lynn and Frank are wimps. They let her walk all over them, too.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's more willing to be walked on and accepting of abuse. I also agree that I don't think that she is weak or insecure, but she definitely brought this upon herself. You can't be a doormat unless you, first, lay down.

Shane's girlfriend needs to run, quickly, in the other direction. The way he treats his mother is not a good sign for how he will treat her. Everybody should stop making excuses for him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Please don't blame Jeana for her children's behavior. Jeana has some SERIOUS emotional issues that need to be worked out, and I wouldn't be surprised if she suffered from some type of abuse as a child. Her sons don't know any better because their dad treated Jeana like [mod edit]. Jeana does not have the spine or backbone to tell her sons its wrong, and she probably thinks she deserves to be treated badly. Most women wouldn't have put up with Jeana's husband for decades, but Jeana did. She doesn't like it, but I'd bet she blames herself for the men in her life being complete tools. Jeana has already admitted that she's depressed. Jeana craves men who are emotionally unavailable and she probably would push away prince charming. And if you look at Jeana's sons, they will probably treat their girlfriends like crap. We already know the older one has little respect for women. Remember how much he ignored that beautiful Canadian girl who came into the country just to see him? Like father, like son.

Her sons need to be slapped in the face and Jeana needs help...BIG TIME.

Kara sees it too. I wouldn't be surprised of Kara finds herself in a series of bad relationships because of her upbringing.

It's simple psychology.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 01-28-2009 at 02:02 PM.

With the exception of Brianna, none of the kids on this show seem to be role models. I think Jeanna, like the others, has some big insecurity issues. They may be successful in the monetary sense, but most seem pretty bereft in other areas. If I had traveled 2,000 or so miles to see my son and he treated me like that, he wouldn't be receiving support from me. You don't buy love and respect from kids; you earn it by the example you set.

Well said, to both of the posters above. Jeana had all her self worth in her body. She wouldn't have been in Playboy and now berates herself for the weight gain. While she mentions that Matt continuously reminded her of the changes, if she loved herself, she wouldn't care. I thought it was horrid of the younger son to tell her what to eat or not when she was offered ice cream. Kara has major issues, too, though she gets a pass from lots of the people on the boards.

What does anyone think of the way Raquel treats her parents and their acceptance of her lack of, to put it nicely, motivation? How could they even think of buying her a car? She didn't even qualify for insurance at the time. And Tamra being such an emotional wreck over her parents divorce? Wasn't she already divorced when this happened?
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I'm still steaming mad after watching last nights show. If Shane and Colton were my sons I would have slapped the snot out of them for such disrespect! I wonder if Shane treats his girlfriend that way? I'll bet he does, she needs to dump him NOW. Jeana needs to stop making excuses for them and tell them it is NOT appropriate to speak to of treat her badly. If she is supporting either one of them in any way I'd cut them off and see how well they can live without mommy's money. A little tough love never hurt anyone.
    And what he!! is wrong with Lynne? Letting her underage loser daughter drink alcohol at her adult party. Lynne said several times that she spoils her daughers. She's an idiot! If Raquel goes out drunk driving in her new expensive car she didn't deserve and kills someone Lynne has no one to blame but herself. Some rich people are clueless and stupid!

FORT Fogey

First, I don't think Lynn and family are "rich". I (sadly) think they lost it all. The daughter said that they have only lived in that house (duplex) for just a couple of months. Why would they move to where they are? It looks to be on a busier street and it is not furnished like they have moved in with money. I think Lynn signed on to do this show for the money. Which there is nothing wrong with that.
    That said, IF I were the OC DA I'd be knocking on their door. There is NO reason for allowing their underage daughter to consume alcohol.

As for Shane, I think maybe he was embarrassed by the entourage (bravo crew) that Jeana brought with her as they ran all over the ballpark trying to get signatures on release forms.
    I can't imagine that he would NOT want his mother there but I'd bet that he didn't want his game captured on film for national TV.
    He knows that he can no longer use his family name to get him any further in baseball and having a so called reality show over inflate his game probably doesn't help with his teammates.
    I am NOT excusing his behavior towards his mother. Yes he does need to be slapped. Hopefully his billet dad "talked" to him when they got back home.
    IMO, the girlfriend will not go anywhere until Shane gets cut, permanently. She thinks his attitude will change as soon as he signs his MLB contract. She wants the fame and glory of being that pro athletes wife that stuck with him through all the minor league days. If he doesn't get past this level she will move on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3292495;
    As for Shane, I think maybe he was embarrassed by the entourage (bravo crew) that Jeana brought with her as they ran all over the ballpark trying to get signatures on release forms.
    I can't imagine that he would NOT want his mother there but I'd bet that he didn't want his game captured on film for national TV.
    He knows that he can no longer use his family name to get him any further in baseball and having a so called reality show over inflate his game probably doesn't help with his teammates.
    I am NOT excusing his behavior towards his mother. Yes he does need to be slapped. Hopefully his billet dad "talked" to him when they got back home.
    IMO, the girlfriend will not go anywhere until Shane gets cut, permanently. She thinks his attitude will change as soon as he signs his MLB contract. She wants the fame and glory of being that pro athletes wife that stuck with him through all the minor league days. If he doesn't get past this level she will move on.
    Well said on all counts. I don't think that Shane is a guy who has a tremendous amount of respect for women. He certainly didn't learn that from his dad, and it doesn't appear that Jeanna demanded it of him. So he fits the old rule that if a girl wants to know how a man would treat her as his wife, look at the way he treats his mother. His girlfriend has ample opportunity to see that. For many young women, that matters. For some, it does not. We all know there are women out there who'd rather have the money and excitement of a certain kind of relationship than the respect and love that most people put a higher value on. (look at Kim on RHoAtlanta or any of the NBA wives who willingly look the othe way at their husbands cheating on them non-stop for illustrations of that!) So if his girlfriend is looking for love and respect, she should probably look again. If she's looking for a guy whose going to make the majors, and provide her with the exciting life of being with a pro-athlete, then she's got reason to hold out and see if it pans out.

Closed Thread